Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is sitting on the porch in the evening a common thing to do out there?

No, usually we sit on the deck, which is at the side or the back.

But it would be pretty common for older kids and dads to be shooting hoops or playing street hockey in the driveways.

The brother of Mollie Tibbetts’ boyfriend says there were no signs of struggle found inside his Brooklyn, Iowa, home, where the missing college student was dog-sitting before she vanished.

FOX News reports that Blake Jack said had there been any sort of trouble inside his rural Brooklyn home, 20-year-old Mollie would have fought back. Blake shares the home with Mollie Tibbetts’ boyfriend, Dalton Jack, along with two large-breed dogs that Mollie was taking care of when she disappeared on July 18. Both Blake and Dalton stated they were out of town when the University of Iowa student disappeared.

“She’s small, but she would have done something,” Blake said.

‘She would have done something’: Brother of Mollie Tibbetts’ boyfriend says no signs of foul play inside home

Apologies if already posted.

I might drive by Brooklyn late today to see what’s all going on and what areas they are searching if any.
Better yet, go to the county jail and ask for the roster of inmates, along with the charge(s) for which people are being held. Also, go to the court clerk and ask to see the last 10 felonies filed. (It's all public info, and anyone can ask for it)
A little tip: In my experience, LE often gets the charges filed just prior to announcing an arrest (or announcing the charges themselves). At the presser, they'll then hand out copies of the charges/indictment.
Of course, if they're not announcing an arrest or charges tomorrow, this is meaningless.

I wonder if LE knows WC isn't guilty at this point, but being on probation, they have a lot of flexibility as to how much they can have him comply, participate, etc. By outwardly focusing so much activity toward him and having it draw continued media scrutiny, I wonder if this is purposeful so that somebody else (I have no idea who) might let their guard down a little ... and maybe trip themselves up.

I cannot find any track meet results on her despite her school hosting major track events. So I doubt she was an elite runner and was not training for competition in college. So a jogging pace for her would be closer to 8-10 minute miles. If she was planning on meeting someone, she may have been conversing with that person during her run. So let's say her typical 45 minute run could've taken 60 minutes that day. The mother sort of threw us for a loop when she suggested Mollie did not return home. DR last saw her around 8pm (this is confirmed in a live interview, instead of the 9pm typo).

If her mom's house is 2.6 miles away, why would her brother need to call her to ask if she needed a ride in the morning unless she told him to hold off on it. We know her boyfriend's roommates were not home, so how could she get a ride? I doubt she walks the 2.6 miles in the morning to get the car herself? Seems like she did have something set up with someone.
Mollie participated as a distance runner on her high school track team. She was not an elite runner.

I wonder if there's a new article somewhere that would answer that question.
You may want to read the site's rules again "WS maintains zero tolerance for members who create posts intended to antagonize other members." Your sarcasm is not welcome here. Two other people had no problem answering my question, in a straightforward manner, so I suggest you scroll past such posts in the future instead of intentionally going out of your way to be hostile.

I find it so irritating as I'm sure the family does, that in today's world between the cellphone, snapchat and the fit bit they don't know more of her movements. I would think they would have her exact route by now and know the exact location of the last electronic footprint. MOO
Prayers to this family and Mollie.
They may very well know all that. We don't know what they know. They might be closing in.

Before everything comes to a close...I would like to say thank you to Websleuths, Tricia and all the mods that keep WS as it is designed to be. A fair place to allow cases to be discussed. It was never meant to be a place to become the police and name 'suspects'. Lives can be ruined. Jobs lost and marriages broken due to untruths or suspicians posted on SM. That's not fair.
I'm glad to have the forum shut down for the night. Gives everybody a little breathing room and our owner and mods a few hours to take a breath and forge on. So thank you. I appreciate your hard work. Hoping to hear good news soon!

I cannot find any track meet results on her despite her school hosting major track events. So I doubt she was an elite runner and was not training for competition in college. So a jogging pace for her would be closer to 8-10 minute miles. If she was planning on meeting someone, she may have been conversing with that person during her run. So let's say her typical 45 minute run could've taken 60 minutes that day. The mother sort of threw us for a loop when she suggested Mollie did not return home. DR last saw her around 8pm (this is confirmed in a live interview, instead of the 9pm typo).

If her mom's house is 2.6 miles away, why would her brother need to call her to ask if she needed a ride in the morning unless she told him to hold off on it. We know her boyfriend's roommates were not home, so how could she get a ride? I doubt she walks the 2.6 miles in the morning to get the car herself? Seems like she did have something set up with someone.
If you go to the Des Moines Register website, it has some of her running times. One was 6:39:18 for the 1,500-meter, 6:49:52 for the 1,500, 6:31:42 for the 1,500 meter. Looks like that was her event. I'm seeing others, but they didn't record her time.

DR saw her at 8pm, not 9pm. She also started the jog at 7:30pm, not 5:30pm as falsely reported.

This information has been available for a week, and the time that he consistently provided was 9PM. Today, out of the blue, the time is changed to 8PM. Why is that?

Shouldn't he change what she was wearing from "black khaki yoga pants" to "black shorts" as well?

Yes, but DJ has I believe said that he did not save it.

I'm not trying to harp on this issue at all, and realize it's a moot point in this case, but even if he didn't save it, it could still be in her Snap camera roll. Whatever picture she takes thru the app is able to be saved by herself. Say she took a selfie to send to him and thought "Wow, I look super cute in this", she can hit the down arrow and save that photo before she hits the arrow to send. It will now be in her camera roll. And the camera roll would be viewable to anyone who had her login information. Even if they were using their own phone.

I keep thinking of that story from a few years ago where a woman went missing and then they found her deceased in her own home after she somehow got wedged behind a bookcase or something.....anyone remember this?

I realize there'd be an odor by now, but is there any chance she got into some kind of accident on the property somewhere???
Yes Houston Texas. If your talking about woman in attic.

Houston woman, whose skeletal remains were found in wall, slipped through attic floor

Last edited:
Actually they can. I am military and I've been athletic all my life. I, as a guy wear 3/4 Nike leggings whenever I work out. They are more comfortable and increase blood flow especially to people to hate running like myself. I often see girls wear shorts and 3/4 or full leggins underneath. And I have seen the new styles have a cream khaki color in them so lets literally not pick everything apart. Plus, nothing against this guy but he doesn't really seem like a gym buff so his lack of care in color, description of the style in leggins etc...its not suspicious. I would be much more concerned if he could describe what she was wearing in great detail. I workout with people in my unit all the time and I couldn't tell you what anyone wore yesterday. I think we should stay more on what we know which I agree is not a lot. But just because someone speaks up doesn't mean we should pick a part every word and action. The guy seems to want to help and NOTHING at this point proves otherwise. Just thinking out loud here.
Agree...if you asked my husband - who is not athletic and not a "fashion plate" what she was wearing, he would probably say pants and a bra. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarah0