Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one conflict in statements I'm surprised nobody has pointed out. The neighbor was said to have seen her jogging at about 5:15, but her brother said he dropped her off there at 5:30. Did he pick her up while she was running, was the neighbor wrong about the day she was seen jogging/running, or is one of them wrong about the time? I doubt if it's anything important, but I really don't like relying on information I'm not sure of.
Agree this made me go mmmm too. You beat me to post this difference.
Repeating a post made earleir there were 5 people who had direct knowledge she was alone in that house, mom, her brother, the boyfriend, the boyfriend brother and his fiancee . Now her brother is the last one physicaly with her. And early reports he texted her to see if she still needed a ride/ car next day to get to work with no answer.

Last edited:
There is one conflict in statements I'm surprised nobody has pointed out. The neighbor was said to have seen her jogging at about 5:15, but her brother said he dropped her off there at 5:30. Did he pick her up while she was running, was the neighbor wrong about the day she was seen jogging/running, or is one of them wrong about the time? I doubt if it's anything important, but I really don't like relying on information I'm not sure of.

I never noticed that... this is what’s hard when authorities have a good time line but can’t release it because some articles can be completely off. I feel like every news site has some little piece of info different than the last!

I don’t read much into that. It’s certainly possible that they know something we don’t, but none of us are prepared to deal with and speak of a situation like this and emotions are all over the board. I don’t even consider suicide a realistic possibility in this case.

Very true, but his eyes and EQ while speaking of Mollie, make me twitch. Could it mean there are other relational issues at play? Absolutely, but on the face of it ...

Jack last saw Tibbetts on Monday, July 16, he told ABC News. He then drove to his job at a construction company in Dubuque. ABC News reports that his job is about 50 miles away. Tibbetts was staying at his house and watching his dogs.
Okay. Then ABC got that wrong. Clearly Dubuque is much further away - anyone can learn that by going to Google Maps. I wonder if their "fact checkers" crossed the distance up with where Mollie went to college in Iowa City which is 50 miles away.

I'm questioning myself as to why her glasses, wallet and ID were all found at her boyfriend's home. Her phone and Fitbit are missing (or with her). Where would she go without her glasses, wallet and ID, yet possibly have put on her red shirt for work the next a.m. and taken just her phone and her Fitbit? Thinking out loud because I can't sleep...

"She only has her phone (which is off or dead) and her fitbit with her. All of her identification and wallet is at my sons house. Along with both her glasses and contacts, she cannot see without them.”
Mollie Tibbetts Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Yes exactly!! When's the last time we've seen LE say they won't release a timeline publicly? WEIRD!! So now JT is the last one to see Mollie at 5:30 PM?
Do you think they might have a suspect, and they don’t want to give them a clue they are on to him or her before making sure everything is in order.

Do you think they might have a suspect, and they don’t want to give them a clue they are on to him or her before making sure everything is in order.

Ding, ding, ding, yes I do!! I'm also rethinking what Mollie's Mom said the IDCI agent told her. Something along the lines of in 23 years this is the only case where there have been zero leads (or something to that effect). There was something about that statement that rang untrue when I read it, now more so.

I hope they do have something by now. Judging from some of the comments during the last update. It sounds like it. If not then they are narrowing down possibles pretty rapidly. My guess either they do or they have a good strong lead.

Regardless praying for some conclusion to come soon for the family.

I don’t read much into that. It’s certainly possible that they know something we don’t, but none of us are prepared to deal with and speak of a situation like this and emotions are all over the board. I don’t even consider suicide a realistic possibility in this case.
Suicide's always a valid possibility, though, "to be or not to be" being the main philosophical question from which every day of life proceeds. We either stop, or go on.

Hope as we all do that it wasn't a realistic possibility, however. I hope she just took off to get out of Brooklyn and for awhile be away.

Last edited:

Considering it's only hours short of one week that Mollie disappeared, I'd say LE has already obtained and studied the GPS/pings of all cell phones (family, Bf, friends), and confirmed whether everybody was where they said they were.

First time posting- I also began following this site when Sydney Loofe went missing as that was local for me. I am the same age as her so it was terrifying and continues to be so scary. Came here to read the discussion on Mollie when a missing poster for her popped up on my Facebook a few days ago. I typically just lurk but I keep seeing the Snapchat caption thing come up (not going to quote, too many posts). I had a few things to add-
First, I have an aunt who is obsessed with SC and my cousins (who all happen to live in small town Iowa) are as well. I probably receive easily 15 snaps (videos/selfies/random photos with captions) a day from them and it gets to the point where I often click thru and don't pay much more than a one second glance at them. My aunt recently barraged me at a wedding for not snapping her enough to keep a streak or stay on her best friend's list, which is simply a list of people you snap with most often that only you can see. It is not like a Myspace top 10 or anything like that to prove a friendship or relationship status. So, given what BF's mom said re him not being into social media and them exchanging silly back and forths to move him up on her list, I would wager a guess that he was a little bit "over it" or just not paying much attention to the last snap (the pre-10 pm goodnigbt snap) that night after he got done with work.
Also, I would barely remember my last snap to my BF or anyone else, let alone what they said to me. Not suspicious to me at all (and doesn't lead me to believe he is hiding an argument) that he isn't providing word for word what she said. It is not the place where I, or anyone I know, discusses important things or argues. Most women in my age range (early 20s) would not argue over Snap, we would send texts so we could re-read and/or screenshot without our boyfriend knowing if we wanted to. ;) Snapchat deletes the messages after you close the conversation if you do not swipe and save the messages in the chat and alerts the other person if you screenshot anything.
Sorry for the wall of text, especially if everyone has moved on since I started typing.
I don't know what happened to Mollie, but it sounds like it could be any number of worst case scenarios I've been afraid of happening to me while alone and house and dog sitting for my own friends and family. If I was missing I would want my family to act just like hers is and keep the integrity of the investigation. I know I would also be glad to have as many people discussing my case however much they did/didn't know in a respectful way (like on this forum). Back to lurking!

Hop
Suicide's always a valid possibility, though, "to be or not to be" being the main philosophical question from which every day of life proceeds. We either stop, or go on.

Hope as we all do that it wasn't a realistic possibility, however. I hope she just took off to get out of Brooklyn and for awhile be away.
hopefully she’s alive and well and calls her family to at least tell them she’s fine and she’s going home soon. (Even though I doubt that’s going to be the case. But. Everything is possible )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234