Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people who live on farms have fire pits. There have been a couple missing person cases in Minnesota where the bone fragments of the people were found in fire pits. There are also wells and abandoned barns/farmhouses. People have also been septic tanks and in culverts.
Yes I was thinking of those types of places when LE said every barn, shed etc was searched. Also what about storm shelters, root cellars?

<modsnip>

I was thinking a more generic situation--I'm just not getting that vibe from any of the immediate family including BF's brothers.

It might not even be anybody she was actually seeing--could be somebody who thought Mollie was coming on to her boyfriend, or who was interested in Mollie's BF and wanted her out of the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO whatever happened had to be when she was sleeping or just woke up- before she had a chance to grab her glasses or put her contacts in. Then the suspect may have took her phone to delete or hide messages that would give motive maybe?

Heh - this just made me think - there was no indication whether or not she slept at the house that night? The bed didn't look slept in? The bathroom wasn't freshly used, toothbrush wasn't wet - any type of indicator that someone had vacated it only hours before?

They are really playing it close to the chest with the details of what the inside of the house looked like.

>>snip

Investigators are also pouring over the data recovered from Tibbetts’ social media accounts and her fitness tracker.

“We believe she was wearing it because she was known to wear it all the time, and we are starting to get lots of information back from the company,” Mortvedt says.

He tells PEOPLE that local, state and federal authorities have been pooling their resources and working closely to locate Tibbetts: “We’re hoping to bring Mollie home.”

As Student's Mysterious Disappearance Drags On, It Looks More and More Like Foul Play

As Student's Mysterious Disappearance Drags On, It Looks More and More Like Foul Play
The FBI has now joined the search for missing university student Mollie Tibbetts, in eastern Iowa, as state authorities tell PEOPLE it appears increasingly likely the 20-year-old vanished under sinister circumstances.
“Obviously it’s suspicious and obviously it’s very concerning,” says Mitch Mortvedt, a spokesman for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, who is speaking on behalf of state and federal investigators. “She’s a college student who is very well-connected and involved with social media. For her to stop all types of contact — it’s suspicious.”

I would be very interested to know if she wore headphones while running and if the outfit she ran in was at the BF's house still. Seems like it solidifies the timeline if both are missing (i.e. she never made it home from that run).

The only thing that makes me doubt that are the contacts and glasses left behind. I have a feeling LE and the family knows that is not the case and that she did make it home from her run. They are trying to make a suspect feel very comfortable by appearing like they are heading in the wrong directions.

IMO whatever happened had to be when she was sleeping or just woke up- before she had a chance to grab her glasses or put her contacts in. Then the suspect may have took her phone to delete or hide messages that would give motive maybe?

Mollie did wear headphones when running.

>>snip

As Calderwood talked with an FBI agent on the front porch, brother Jake said Mollie always ran in the evening and wore a FitBit and a cell phone holder on her arm, the music playing in wireless headphones.

'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister

But why go anywhere without glasses or contacts when she was unable to see without them?
But does this mean she didn’t have contacts in when she left? Speaking only from my own experience - if I’m not home it’s not uncommon to find my glasses and contacts, if I left without them I’ve got another pair in.

Did her boyfriend say that one of her snaps was insinuating a goodnight text, even though he doesn’t recall the wording, or the very last one sent to him? If it was a goodnight type snap, then that doesn’t make sense to disappearing while running. But maybe the goodnight quotes I heard early on were incorrect.

Is this new info? I knew they were looking into the Fitbit but didn't know how long something like that takes. Other than that I don't see any new info.

"Authorities have released new information in the case Wednesday.

Authorities tell KCRG they have received information from Fitbit after filing a search warrant."

Authorities receive Fitbit information in Mollie Tibbetts investigation

Aunt of missing 20-year-old Iowa university student: “We want our Mollie back”

"When investigators attempted to search Jack’s brother’s home, they found Tibbetts’s identification and other belongings, but couldn’t find Tibbetts's mobile phone.

“We don’t know where her phone is,” Calderwood told Newsweek."

Hmm, everything accounted for except her phone.

Family Clarifies Details of Mollie Tibbetts’ Disappearance as Search Continues

Tibbetts disappeared last week. Many people are reporting she was out for a run on Wednesday night when she disappeared from the Brooklyn area, but her aunt says she made it back to the house where she was dog-sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum