Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know exactly the nature of the crime this boy committed at 13? maybe it was a girlfriend situation and parents found out? I don't know how those are reported, but I believe they are on the sex offender registry just the same.

The fitbit should be able to tell them if she slept that night as well because most all of them record sleep too. If she did sleep, then likely she was still home that night... maybe if she was abducted it should also show heartrate very high.. you would think in that situation heartrate would look as if you were exercising because of adrenaline and depending on if there was a fight at all too?

I notice the Facebook page has not update today so far. I think they have been updating most mornings with something. I am praying they are closer to figuring this out, but the longer it goes, the more I feel it will not end with a good outcome.

Aunt of missing 20-year-old Iowa university student: “We want our Mollie back”

"When investigators attempted to search Jack’s brother’s home, they found Tibbetts’s identification and other belongings, but couldn’t find Tibbetts's mobile phone.

“We don’t know where her phone is,” Calderwood told Newsweek."

Hmm, everything accounted for except her phone.

Family Clarifies Details of Mollie Tibbetts’ Disappearance as Search Continues

Tibbetts disappeared last week. Many people are reporting she was out for a run on Wednesday night when she disappeared from the Brooklyn area, but her aunt says she made it back to the house where she was dog-sitting.

And yet...the BF knew she had her phone and fitbit before anyone had even looked anywhere...

6 days and they are just now getting Fitbit info. I will say again because it has been a whole thread ago...PLEASE tell someone your logins and passwords for your phone and fitbit if you have them. If any of her family would have known this they could have quickly seen where she was last, who she spoke to last, what she was doing last, when it went off grid, etc. Just give one person your electronic info! Search warrants take precious time, time that could very well mean life or death.

1) For how many hours - starting from when - was she the sole occupant in the residence.
2) When did the other male occupant and his fiance leave?
3) When did her BF leave?
4) Who was the last person who had a confirmed face to face interaction with her?
5) Who was the first person to enter the home after suspicions about her status surfaced?

BTW - Iowa court records are online and free

6 days and they are just now getting Fitbit info. I will say again because it has been a whole thread ago...PLEASE tell someone your logins and passwords for your phone and fitbit if you have them. If any of her family would have known this they could have quickly seen where she was last, who she spoke to last, what she was doing last, when it went off grid, etc. Just give one person your electronic info! Search warrants take precious time, time that could very well mean life or death.
i think the fbi can get data that is not supposed to be recorded but it is there

These two things --- that she sent a "goodnight" snap to her boyfriend and that her red camp t-shirt is missing --- tell us, I think, that the attack/abduction happened in the morning. That her wallet was left behind tells us the attack/abduction occurred before she left the house for camp and that this attack was motivated by sexual desire and not money. Who would do such a thing? I think it had to be someone in that neighborhood, someone who observed her going for runs and/or walking the dog and took a lurid interest in her. I would be looking at the immediate neighbors and moving outward from there.

Aunt of missing 20-year-old Iowa university student: “We want our Mollie back”

"When investigators attempted to search Jack’s brother’s home, they found Tibbetts’s identification and other belongings, but couldn’t find Tibbetts's mobile phone.

“We don’t know where her phone is,” Calderwood told Newsweek."

Hmm, everything accounted for except her phone.

Family Clarifies Details of Mollie Tibbetts’ Disappearance as Search Continues

Tibbetts disappeared last week. Many people are reporting she was out for a run on Wednesday night when she disappeared from the Brooklyn area, but her aunt says she made it back to the house where she was dog-sitting.

That contradicts the updated missing poster available on the FB page that "It is unknown if she returned home."

As for some of the discussion above, if the perpetrator knocked on the front door early in the morning under this or that pretext, this would explain her not having her glasses/contacts on yet, and this would also explain why there are no signs of forced entry. It's a small town; she likely would have simply opened the door.

In one of the earlier articles linked on the first thread Mollie's boyfriend's mother is quoted as saying that they had logged into Mollie's FitBit account. I took that to mean either her or one of her sons logged into Mollie's FitBit account. Law enforcement, on the other hand aren't interested so much in logging into the account because all kinds of things could happen to data when you do. Law enforcement prefers to get information and account activity logging from the company directly. It would be how they could learn if something was deleted, for example.

If someone stopped by, maybe she put the dogs in the basement because they bark/jump all over/get very excited when visitors are in the house? If that is the case, then maybe someone came by after her run, or followed her to the house and knocked on the door? Seems like in a small town people are more trusting of others. If could explain why everything except her phone was still there. You would think there would be evidence at the house though if something happened to her at that location and if she was talked into going in the car with someone, you would think she would grab her glasses or wallet. But a forceful situation at the house likely would leave evidence of that somewhere?

They have to have answers to many of these questions and just aren't putting info out. They would know if her running clothes were at the house. It was hot out so surely she would have been sweating and there would be some evidence of clothing that had been worked out in somewhere in the house.. bathroom floor, bedroom floor, in the laundry room or in a hamper. If she never returned from that run, they would likely not find anything like that in the house.

Has it been mentioned anywhere if she had a step father? I see mom, brothers, and the boyfriends family mentioned, but what about a step dad? I see her moms name is different than hers so assuming there is one or has been one at some point unless that is a maiden name?
BBM
Since she ran regularly, there may have been several days' worth of worn running clothes in the house waiting to get washed. That might make it difficult to know if the clothes she wore for her Wednesday run were there or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234