Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it’s worth: people were posting this “missing” post on Facebook Thursday afternoon before 4pm. I left work early that day to storm chase, I think it was around 3:30pm. I saw the Facebook post before I left. I’m 100% sure of that.
I just checked the Poweshiek County Sheriff's FB page. The call log shows 5:56 pm on Thursday. Her friends may have been asking around before calling the sheriff.
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 3.11.39 PM.png

i do think the fitbit is going to tell them everything they need

This amazes me that the Fitbit may become one of the most important things to investigators.

This is a first for me to see this. I knew Fitbits keep track of movements like walking and running but I had no idea they can even track GPS if she had the right model.

For Big Brother concerns it makes me want to go off grid and destroy all electronic devices. LOL But then I realize that someday I may need LE to help me too and so I left my GPS setting on my phone.

Better to just accept the technology and not do anything to get in trouble. LOL

See now I think that’s weird. Dalton is at work 1 hour+ away. Presumably he needs to be at work. I’m just imagining if I couldn’t get ahold of my husband and he didn’t show for work but I was a hour away I’d be worried but I don’t know that I’d ditch work to drive all that way when there were family members in the area. I’d ask someone to go check on the house figuring he was sick or something and forgot to call in. I wouldn’t go straight to ‘oh no - something really bad - must go home’. Then if the family member got to the house and said ‘no one is here I’m calling the police’ I’d be hightailing it home.

Didn't Mollie's family say "she's a creature of habit"?...If so, then I could see her boyfriend being worried immediately that something was wrong--I thought he found out she didn't show up for work and that's what alerted him to something being wrong?...

That wasn't even remotely what I was talking about...if you want to pick apart my posts I suggest you read them in their entirety. There was more to my questioning than the phone falling on his face. It was the scenario around that happening.

I actually wasn’t addressing your post, the phone on his face has been mentioned multiple times and I was noting that I don’t think it’s weird.

Random memory, wireless earbuds, but there is no way i could find that link, and who knows if it was accurate reporting.

As for Dalton, maybe he just had a gut feeling to get on the road once he realized no one had seen or heard from her that day.

Remember to try to scrolllll on byyyyyyy..... so we don't get shut down (this is also a reminder to myself :D)

Thank you! Maybe I do need a time out for bit. Hopefully when I get back the disrespect will be at a low. Maybe I should pour a drink before I get on next time so it won’t get so annoying!

They used
This amazes me that the Fitbit may become one of the most important things to investigators.

This is a first for me to see this. I knew Fitbits keep track of movements like walking and running but I had no idea they can even track GPS if she had the right model.

For Big Brother concerns it makes me want to go off grid and destroy all electronic devices. LOL But then I realize that someday I may need LE to help me too and so I left my GPS setting on my phone.

They used Nicole VanderHeyden's fitbit to know where George Burch put her body. It was a sad trial. Nicole was a Mama with a baby.

Big Brother was definitely watching as George Burch killed Nicole VanderHeyden
Detectives used Burch’s cellphone and Google Dashboard to track his locations, all key to figuring out where exactly he went on the morning of VanderHeyden’s murder and how he fit in. They used Fitbit to exonerate Detrie of any involvement. And they used Snapshot to dismiss any notion that VanderHeyden’s body could have been transported in her own car.

The truth is your only hearing one side of her relationship and that's from the boyfriend. We have yet to hear the other side yet to be honest.

This is a great point- have any members of Mollie's family commented on Dalton at all? Or their relationship? His family has made a huge effort to let it be known how much they love her and miss and and want her to return, and things that imply Mollie is like a part of their family.

Mollie's Aunt mentioned they didn't think she ran off because of things like she had a vacation planned, she was about to get her first apartment, she had great friends etc. Now it seems a bit off that "she had a boyfriend of almost 3 years who she loved" wasn't on that list (unless it was and I missed it?)

no she didn't go to the county fair because she never made it to work at the grinnell hospital day care facility that day (thursday). they were taking the kids to the fair. red shirt - fair.

guys, we get to this point in every case i've ever followed. no news, we run in circles, then implode on each other. we're doin' great so far just don't nitpick the inconsistent details yet. human error and social media contribute to the media's inaccuracy and vice-versa.

I just checked the Poweshiek County Sheriff's FB page. The call log shows 5:56 pm on Thursday. Her friends may have been asking around before calling the sheriff.
View attachment 139829
That’s what I’m wondering and that’s weird. I work not far from there and at least two of my coworkers know Mollie so I imagine if her friends started circulating something I’d see it pretty quick. I’m digging though my timeline now to get specifics.

See now I think that’s weird. Dalton is at work 1 hour+ away. Presumably he needs to be at work. I’m just imagining if I couldn’t get ahold of my husband and he didn’t show for work but I was a hour away I’d be worried but I don’t know that I’d ditch work to drive all that way when there were family members in the area. I’d ask someone to go check on the house figuring he was sick or something and forgot to call in. I wouldn’t go straight to ‘oh no - something really bad - must go home’. Then if the family member got to the house and said ‘no one is here I’m calling the police’ I’d be hightailing it home.
I dont think we know that he didnt do exactly what you describe. We have several different versions of who reported her missing or started to get everyone looking for her. He could very well have called her family to go by the house and then upon finding it empty, he rushes home . Seems plausible and logical to me. I think we are missing a lot of the details and the media is confusing or reporting on bits and pieces.

I agree. We don’t even have enough information to know what happened to her or when it happened. Crazy that some are already finding him guilty. :rolleyes:

It's a crime discussion board. <modsnipped- random accusations of non-POTs is not allowed>

We are supposed to provide a link if it's not an opinion or guess.

I have provided links in my original posts about the phone to the face thing. A simple reading of the thread would show you that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those SnapChat photos don't disappear, either. SnapChat keeps hold of them in a database. LE could request to have a looksie at Mollie's SnapChat.
A friend who’s son killed himself found out that SC doesn’t have any data over 30 days old, at least that’s what her LE told her, which i find so odd, but we are def within that window here.

It is great they have the fit bit data but I just wish Mollie had the latest Apple Watch and she may have been able to alert she was in danger using the emergency function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf