Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't sound good. Must have gotten some information where Mollie is from the Fitbit.

Mollie Tibbetts Case: Search for Missing Iowa College Student Turns to Vast Cornfield

The desperate search for a missing Iowa college student is focused on a vast expanse of dense cornfields.

It's a nightmare facing law enforcement as the hunt for the college sophomore who vanished after going jogging last week intensifies.

Mollie Tibbetts Case: Search for Missing Iowa College Student Turns to Vast Cornfield
This makes my heart start to break. And if it turns out to be foul play, I suspect she was dead before anyone was looking for her, just like Hannah graham.

So maybe she went missing that night? But didn't she snapchat a pic to her bf at 10:00 p.m. that night?

Yes but others have brought up a good point that if a killer was involved then the killer could have sent the 10pm snapchat as a ruse. I dont think we know yet if the picture was ever proven to be a current one. Could have maybe been an old pic she had on her phone maybe.

It does make us wonder though since the background of the picture was talked about so maybe it was a current selfie pic.

I would like to learn more about that 10pm snapchat she sent. Doubt we will learn more since BF cant remember the caption on it and he didnt reply to it.

I have a suggestion: go to YouTube and type in america’s Got talent golden tickets 2018” for some uplifting stuff. And for pure campy comedy, search for Hans, america’s Got talent. You want the “it’s raining men” performance.

Wow. Seems like theres a couple people here that are losing it! Maybe a break would be a good thing!!

A news source now posting that same article about the corn...so is it legit?

That news source is in Roanoke, VA. If the photo used and story are the same as the first post all it means is that WSLS bought the story to post on their web site. That said, the first story with the same title came from a news source that could be used.

However, as others have said, we would likely see reports on the local Iowa stations and newspapers about some attempt to search vast cornfields and I know I hadn't seen that yet.

With all due respect, it doesn't say that.

From the article:

She also sent a text message that night, around 7 p.m., and her boyfriend, Dalton Jack, opened a Snapchat message from her about 10 p.m., though it’s unclear when she sent it.

It doesn't say who the text message was to, just that the Snap was to the boyfriend.

The 7 pm text was to her mother.

It is quite normal to get frustrated with a case when there's no development (that we know of), the provided information is confusing and the discussion runs in circles. Best is to step away for a little while, do something else, and wait it out. Jmo.

I wonder if they searched just outside of town in forest-ey areas. Also, if there are bridges, culverts, or sketchy places someone could hide something. Is there anyone from the area that knows of places like that?
Or bodies of water. I thought I saw on the map that there were two lakes close to the Grinnell medical center she interns.

New here! I have been checking in anytime something major happens. I started after the boys in PA /Cosmo N story. I enjoy everyones insite especially since I dont get to watch the news as much as I'd like.
My only comment/question here is... if she were found now and it seemed as though something happened during her run, her SC message might not be a ruse . ...is it not possible her snapchat was sent earlier in the day? I'm not sure if I missed a detail regarding this in the time line. Last I heard there is no known time of when it was actually sent.. I also know that I have used sc, my kids use it all the time to chat with friends, so I tried it. When I do use it I know I havent checked them for hours at a time when busy or when working as I'm used to the old fashion texting. If he was on a hard working job, that message could have sat there until he had downtime... after work and after a meal.. shower.. whatever. Someone who isn't so called that into social media, wouldnt always be jumping to checking their messages.

I wonder if they searched just outside of town in forest-ey areas. Also, if there are bridges, culverts, or sketchy places someone could hide something. Is there anyone from the area that knows of places like that?

Don’t know specific places searched, but this from an article...

>>snip

We have retraced her steps and have eyewitnesses who saw her out running,” Mortvedt says. “We have 40 to 50 law enforcement personnel researching a lot of the same areas, looking for evidence, and examining — if this was an abduction — points of travel in and out of town.”

Mortvedt notes that Interstate 80, which stretches from San Francisco in the west to Teaneck, New Jersey, in the east, “is four miles south” of Brooklyn.

“We are looking at convenience store videos in town and surveillance footage captured along the interstate, and we have been interviewing and re-interviewing people,” he says.

As Student's Mysterious Disappearance Drags On, It Looks More and More Like Foul Play

Go to #mollietibbitts on twitter. 40 minutes ago, people were photographing themselves in Brooklyn handing out flyers near the Brooklyn water tank. Nobody is taking photos of people searching corn fields.

Ive tweeted at a reporter to see if they will advise if there are people actively searching fields. Maybe we will get a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid