Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the corn harvested? I really don't know. If it isn't going to be for a few weeks or so yet, maybe the killer put her there knowing she wouldn't be found until a lot of evidence had disappeared or degraded.

Assuming, of course, that she was murdered, which I hope didn't happen but feel less and less confident of a positive outcome.

JMO
I agree. I just dont think most killers would choose a cornfield to hide a body because they should know that sooner or later that corn is going to be harvested and the body would be easily found.

A site of the attack and possible rape is a definite possibility but then I would think the killer would take steps to move the body in the dark to a better hiding place. Unless he didnt care that a farmer would eventually find the body.

I was trying to walk my own neighborhood. Upscale safe. After day 2 had a stalker. I quit. He scared me. I can't imagine an alone woman feeling safe jogging.

I do it. I wear a neck knife and remain super alert. Usually I run the canyon though and it's filled with people - many of us know each other.

It's jogging the street that makes me nervous.

I never wear ear buds. You have to be alert and aware. I notice people and their body language and mine is aggressive if I feel something is wrong.

We all have to learn how to be tough and teach our girls the same.

I'm not polite and I don't give up space. No man has a right to ever approach me for any reason when I'm alone. He can ask another man.

Gosh I went to Staples today and the checker was this young gal who looked a bit like Mollie. I had the wild urge to ask her "Are you being careful? Are you safe? Be careful! Take care of yourself!!!"

I kept my mouth shut though. I would've seemed crazy.

But the vulnerability of these young, sweet girls. It scares me.

I was trying to walk my own neighborhood. Upscale safe. After day 2 had a stalker. I quit. He scared me. I can't imagine an alone woman feeling safe jogging.

I used to run at night in the streets of our upscale neighborhood but that was years ago. Times have changed and crime is a reality everywhere and now we have locked doors and security cameras. Our neighborhood just had a young man squatting in a vacant, foreclosed home for weeks. LE has tied numerous burglaries of homes and cars to him.

I look back at some of the doofus stuff I did as a young woman and shudder to think what might have happened, knowing what I know now.

The good news is crime is down, so the majority of those vulnerable-seeming girls will live to middle age just fine.

I do it. I wear a neck knife and remain super alert. Usually I run the canyon though and it's filled with people - many of us know each other.

It's jogging the street that makes me nervous.

I never wear ear buds. You have to be alert and aware. I notice people and their body language and mine is aggressive if I feel something is wrong.

We all have to learn how to be tough and teach our girls the same.

I'm not polite and I don't give up space. No man has a right to ever approach me for any reason when I'm alone. He can ask another man.

Gosh I went to Staples today and the checker was this young gal who looked a bit like Mollie. I had the wild urge to ask her "Are you being careful? Are you safe? Be careful! Take care of yourself!!!"

I kept my mouth shut though. I would've seemed crazy.

But the vulnerability of these young, sweet girls. It scares me.

I look back at some of the doofus stuff I did as a young woman and shudder to think what might have happened, knowing what I know now.

The good news is crime is down, so the majority of those vulnerable-seeming girls will live to middle age just fine.

I sure don't see crime is down in our Midwestern town. Far more violence and drug related crimes than years ago.

Any scanner experts here?
I’ve been trying to get something - anything - for the past hour. Highway 21 north of Deep River is blocked off and cops everywhere. No idea if it’s related to this case or not, I’d guess it to be 15 miles to the SW of Brooklyn. If somebody with a scanner can figure out what’s going on I’d like to hear it. I turned around and came back home, I gotta work in the morning.

Yeah. You're right. But cases like this get to me and freak me out.

She was jogging in a ridiculously safe neighborhood.

I’ve been trying to get something - anything - for the past hour. Highway 21 north of Deep River is blocked off and cops everywhere. No idea if it’s related to this case or not, I’d guess it to be 15 miles to the SW of Brooklyn. If somebody with a scanner can figure out what’s going on I’d like to hear it. I turned around and came back home, I gotta work in the morning.

Thanks for the update. I read something similar about that area.

I looked at broadcastify earlier today and only found railroad scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234