Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Magz! I've missed you so much! Great to see you as you on the threads, as you are the spirit of WS for me.

(Well holy smooooookes, look what the cat dragged in!! Great to see you FindHG! Hugs!!!!! I don’t want to derail the thread and turn this into social hour but thank you for the amazing compliment and I hope you and your old man are well my dear!! Our resident “Power Couple” has certainly been missed! Please tell 4G hello!)

What are your thoughts?? Do you get an HG vibe at all? I’ve got plenty of different vibes/scenarios/possibilities going on but an HG-ish/JLM vibe is one of them, as far as motive possibly being SA by a violent sexual predator.

(ETA, seeing that video of HG running in my mind now...uggghhh....)

——-

Some other cases that seem to keep popping up here for me in this brainstorming, speculative EXAMINATION and discussion, for various reasons such as POTENTIAL perp traits, circumstances, etc are:

1. Abby and Libby & BG: (Perp hunting in a small town, remote area? Is WC an RL or DN? Link to hogs?)
2. Lizzie and Lyric: (Iowa, hogs?)
3. Jessica Heeringa/Rebecca B & JW (Sexual Predator, SK, no remorse, stalking/obsession/premeditation? RB was jogging, iirc.)
4. Jessica Ridgeway: (Close Neighbor? Younger perp? Perp may target both older and younger victims? Red herring on backpack equivalent to T-shirt?)
4. Jessica Cain/ Laura Smither: (Perp targeted both older and younger victims, buried victims on property, opportunistic killer.)
5. Castro’s victims and AH &NK: (Lured, abducted and held alive?)
6. HG & JLM: (violent SP, possible similarity with T-shirt IF it’s a red herring?)
7. Sierah J: (Cornfields?)
8. Kenia M & TF: (multiple MOs and methods of disposal. Fire?)
9. Israel Keyes: (Traveling predator?)
10. Mickey Schunick and BSL: (Followed while she was riding her bike)
11. Noelle Paquette: (Lured/abducted by BDSM male/female couple. More than one perp? 2 or more males?)

-Are there any similarities to Mollie’s case at hand? Maybe not. If the motive is not SA. Which to me seems unlikely, but revenge, jealousy, greed, resentment maybe is a motive? Idk...

ETA: just had an awful thought. If this is someone in the “farmland”, maybe a livestock incinerator was used, as in TB’s case?

Last edited:
Sorry - I got cut off before completing that thought. The FBI’s role is to investigate whether a crime occurred or not. That might well be limited to federal crimes, but that is not established prior to FBI involvement.

Not directed at you SharonNeedles, but just to add to the general topic this morning of FBI Involvement.

Like any other large-scale government organization, the FBI is very, very structured, but in a nutshell, under the CIRG (Critical Incident Response Group), there is an Investigative & Operations Support Section which includes the NCAVC (National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime) which consists of 5 Behavioral Analysis Units. Behavioral Analysis Unit 4 is known as VICAP (Violent Criminal Apprehension Program).

The FBI’s Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG) provides rapid assistance to incidents in a crisis. Through CIRG, expert assistance is available in cases involving the abduction or mysterious disappearance of children, crisis management, hostage negotiation, criminal investigative analysis, and special weapons and tactics. CIRG also assists in the assessment, selection, and training of FBI undercover employees.

NCAVC staff provide operational support for a range of cases including but not limited to: domestic and international terrorism; threats of targeted violence (e.g., active shooters in schools, workplaces, and public areas or buildings); cyber crime; public corruption; cases involving child victims (child abduction or mysterious disappearances, child homicides, and victimization of children); cases involving adult victims (e.g., serial, spree, mass, and other murders); serial rape; extortion; kidnapping; product tampering; arson and bombing; and weapons of mass destruction.

NCAVC personnel deploy to provide time-sensitive, on-site support to the investigators and managers of complex investigations. All 56 FBI field offices have NCAVC coordinators who handle support and training requests from agencies in their local area.

NCAVC provides the following services:
  • Crime analysis
  • Profiles of unknown offenders
  • Offender motivation analysis
  • Linkage analysis
  • Investigative suggestions
  • Multi-agency coordination
  • Threat assessment and management
  • Interview strategies
  • Search warrant affidavit assistance
  • Prosecution and trial strategies
  • Expert testimony
  • Critical incident analysis
VICAP consists of a database and web-based tool available to law enforcement agencies to connect homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons, and unidentified human remains that may be geographically dispersed, allowing police departments to better coordinate communication and investigative efforts on potentially linked crimes.

CIRG

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so quick to discount their opinion. They are educated in their profession and have likely worked with many, many cases and are experts in their field. They are also privvy to information (not necessarily this case, but perhaps certain statistics as a whole) being part of a government organization. This isn't just some WS taking guessses, this is an ex FBI profiler we are speaking of. I don't think just anyone could get that position.
What is the profilers name?

Seems like everything has gone quiet in the last few days. No new statements from family or LE, no big news on increase in reward fund leads me to believe they are on the verge of a break and may also know she is no longer with us. Is it possible someone confessed?
I think we would have heard of a confession for sure. I think FindHG’s speculations have depth and insight, as usual! I agree the Perp might have “tested” some approaches in the past; he is a known. He *will* be arrested. And no, I don’t think it’s the pig guy. I think the Perp will be all-American Joe, and shock his friends and family. Think of Scott Peterson.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

Since we are not privy to most of the known information regarding the situation (and probably for good reason by the LE), it makes it incredibly hard to give any kind of compelling analysis of what happened with any degree of certainty. The most difficult issue we have is that we have nothing conclusive about the evidence related to the definitive start of the incident. Every outcome we suggest can only be built on a mountain of conditional statements, which, if the first guess is wrong, each following guess branches further and further from the truth. The errors cascade from the initial error.

For those of you familiar with shooting, it is like how a small error in minute of angle (MOA) can make your shot miss wildly from the mark depending on the distance the bullet needs to go. For non-shooters, essentially if the muzzle of a gun is pointed tiny bit off when aiming at a target in the distance, the miss becomes more extreme the further the bullet is required to travel.

I wish they could check every single home between bf house and mom house.

I bet they knocked on every door, may have asked if they could look inside, made notes of who said no. We have heard in other cases where entire blocks were approached this way.

So did she or did she not buy the ingredients for the dessert she was making. If she didnt is it possible that she asked someone for a ride (since she shared cars with brother and didnt have a car that day) and on th eway to the store she was like let me text my mom and the driver panick and threw her fitbit out the window.

I believe that her mom was purchasing the ingredients-and if so, wouldn't the inference be that she would be coming by at some point that evening to pick them up? Or was she just discussing the ingredients with her mom? It was supposed to be for the next day at camp, right? If Mom wasn't picking them up, and Mollie had no transportation, and it was for the next day, how was that supposed to happen?

I believe that her mom was purchasing the ingredients-and if so, wouldn't the inference be that she would be coming by at some point that evening to pick them up? Or was she just discussing the ingredients with her mom? It was supposed to be for the next day at camp, right? If Mom wasn't picking them up, and Mollie had no transportation, and it was for the next day, how was that supposed to happen?

No

The dessert was for the day after

snooze-boat-smiley.gif
from the land of Oz.

My thoughts and prayers are with Mollie's family and all those close to them.

THIS. Along the lines of, "Hi Mollie. Hey, can you come here a second? Look at my new dog." She walks in the garage. "You want a glass of water while you're here?" Walks in kitchen. He didn't even have to know her name. She could have just seen him around, or seen him once in the grocery store talking to someone she knows. Perceived trust.
Or they are in the yard doing lawn work with the kids riding their tricycles on the driveway, I keep thinking from Mollies summer internship and seeing how much Mollie likes children that she would trust a family person. I have a daughter who loves children and they seem to be drawn to her, magically! She randomly meets many strangers this way, and the parents always want her to babysit. So...just another aspect to consider regarding Mollie.
(I have 6 daughters so I know that not all teens like children, some not at all...but I think Mollie really did. Have we seen family or LE state this about Mollie anywhere?)
JMO

So I'm always looking at Google maps. And I know i have brought it up several times I even dropped a line to their pd to check the tracks.

So Google maps shows the tracks that go east and west. I tried to figure a time the satellite took its shot and if there was any Trains near. Then looking you can see a 10 to 11 o'clock shadow which could put the time sometime in the evening 5pm ish maybe.

But there is no where to get the schedules of trains except LE. They could get where every train was in that area. Sure they have but in all I have yet to hear anything about searching the tracks.

Also there are creeks that run through Brooklyn. Are these slow moving, are they deep.

Who was supposed to pick her up for work?
Did they come by and knock on the door?

Was she to pick up the car?
Any red flags when the car was still there (Moms) in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member