Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much to consider after reading posts, thread after thread, it’s like this investigation is going from wide open to very narrow lines of actual facts. I appreciate the work being done here as the threads are moderated very close and rules are applied to all.
I think Mollie is alive and this is based on their not being enough facts that point to her being deceased. I believe this will have not sure who in the family said it but used the word “odd” conclusion or ending that would be a surprise??? Anyone remember a family member saying something like this? Plus the weird comments from Mollies brothers?? Having Mollie when she returns Take down the missing posters, and have her wear the Missing T-shirt....The mother saying in that raw interview “When she left... clapped hands... went missing” the boyfriend saying he has words to whoever is holding Mollie he won’t or can’t say on TV....
I agree with ex FBI profiler O’Toole That Mollie knew the person or had a relationship with them, or the non threatening demeanor. People can surprise you and this is what is suggested I believe by the family. FBI working on getting to know Mollie?

Thank you pommy mommy for checking. I swear the pinned tweet was not pinned at 11:40-11:45pm. I checked three times before posting about it. But as you noted, it’s now there again. Did anyone else see that it was missing? The wayback time machine website didn’t have it archived and I didn’t screen shot but it was briefly not on her page last night. That said, I dont want to lead us off into a non productive avenue. I just know that it was missing from my view at 11:40-11:45pm last night.

New here and been following along for several days now. Not sure why this case drew me in, I'm usually not one to follow something like this to this extent. Smart conversations and insights here - but also some to me shocking opinions regarding personal freedom and tracking of things and people.
My theory, for what it's worth, at this point is that authorities have no clue what happened and that this is not executed well, but rather amateurish. Especially seeing how witnesses are apparently intimidated seems off. And I'm surprised that people here find it normal that a witness comes forward and basically has their house searched just for the heck of it? Is this conducted by the FBI or local police?

Welcome new member~:)

Thanks for your thoughts and opinion. My observations have waffled and as they say, "I'm on the fence" about almost everything. Regarding the witness, and I will try to find the video Man fears he was last person to see missing college student that I watched along with the article referring to his experience- <modsnipped>
Just my thoughts this am!
JMO

Last edited:
I have reading the laws involving MISSING PEOPLE in IA. It is all in Chapter 694 of IA State Statutes.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/ico/chapter/694.pdf

"2. All information or evidence gathered by a preliminary investigation, if one was made.
3. A statement, by the law enforcement officer in charge, setting forth that officer’s assessment of the case based upon all evidence and information received.
4. An explanation of the next steps to be taken by the law enforcement agency filing the report."

Here are my questions I have specific to Mollie's case-

Pursuit to 694.2.2 At what specific time and how many officers were made aware of Mollie's disappearance? (were any off duty officers notified)

* there is nothing in the IA codes to specifically address cases where major highway systems run through the jurisdiction or anything that require LE to contact neighboring counties immediately after the report is made.
Anyone know if it is done as a courtesy or just BMP (best management practices/protocols)?

There was an initial officer who took the report on the 19th and a particular local LE assigned to the Mollie's case, who was it?

Pursuit to 694.3.2 Was there a preliminary investigation when Mollie was reported missing?

Pursuit to 694.3.3 What assessment was made? Would this assessment be the basis for the classification of Mollie as "other adult missing" and NOT "involuntary"

I want to understand the elements and why police did what they did.

Does anyone know the answers to any of this?

I can't find it in a single media story so far and it has been over 3 weeks now.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that we hear "something" today in the briefing but I don't expect it. I live in a very rural town not unlike Brooklyn, IA. My husband made a comment on the size of the reward a couple nights ago. I told him that this is why I feel that just like Abby and Libby, we are not going to find easy answers to this case. They have a similar size reward and look how far we are there. In towns and areas this size, if someone out there new ANYTHING, they would be falling over themselves to get at that reward money. In my town, with the use of social media these days, someone does not catch cold on one end of town that you don't find out about it in 24 hours. Something happened here with a total stranger and it appears he is getting away with it. This case is going cold. I still say that my only desire is that when the crops are brought in, I hope (and expect) they will find a body that the family can lay to rest. I am such a cynic but I am too often proven correct. Sigh! Please.....prove me wrong. I want to be wrong.

I sincerely hope that we hear "something" today in the briefing but I don't expect it. I live in a very rural town not unlike Brooklyn, IA. My husband made a comment on the size of the reward a couple nights ago. I told him that this is why I feel that just like Abby and Libby, we are not going to find easy answers to this case. They have a similar size reward and look how far we are there. In towns and areas this size, if someone out there new ANYTHING, they would be falling over themselves to get at that reward money. In my town, with the use of social media these days, someone does not catch cold on one end of town that you don't find out about it in 24 hours. Something happened here with a total stranger and it appears he is getting away with it. This case is going cold. I still say that my only desire is that when the crops are brought in, I hope (and expect) they will find a body that the family can lay to rest. I am such a cynic but I am too often proven correct. Sigh! Please.....prove me wrong. I want to be wrong.

No presser. Was moved again to Monday.

Can someone provide me a link to where we can watch the press conference and a time. Is it 9 or 9:30 am?

I can’t imagine a realistic scenario where she is alive and will come home, no more than embarrassed. Even come home at all, really. I am more shocked when a body IS found after a certain period of time passes. There are just endless places where she could have been hidden.

Last I read, PC was postponed until Monday.

Is there a briefing happening today?

ETA
Ok, just saw above.
no PC today

Thank you so much to Tricia and all the mods for all you do here. These threads move so fast and I’m hoping every day that there will be some good news! I’m trying to stay caught up the best I can while traveling. Every day I dedicate my run to Mollie in hopes that she will be back out there on her runs again soon!

(This portion is transcribed from the video and not included in the text of the article.)

"Authorities have been extremely tight-lipped in this investigation. I spoke to someone in local law enforcement yesterday who says local law enforcement is basically being kept in the dark from the lead agencies, which is the FBI and the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation, and we expect to get our weekly update from those lead agencies on Friday [today]."

Mollie Tibbetts likely went off in car with someone she knew, says FBI ex-profiler
That is interesting that even local law enforcement may be in the dark!
I wonder why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member