Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if MT mother expected her for dinner/supper and MT didn't show up, red flags would have been raised by the Mother immediately, and MT whereabouts/investigation would have started from this point forward. Not the next morning.

It was the fact MT didn't show up for work the next day opened the missing person case. In hindsight, several hours passed from the last time anyone had actually seen or talking to MT, from her immediate family/friends, face to face.

New here and been following along for several days now. Not sure why this case drew me in, I'm usually not one to follow something like this to this extent. Smart conversations and insights here - but also some to me shocking opinions regarding personal freedom and tracking of things and people.
My theory, for what it's worth, at this point is that authorities have no clue what happened and that this is not executed well, but rather amateurish. Especially seeing how witnesses are apparently intimidated seems off. And I'm surprised that people here find it normal that a witness comes forward and basically has their house searched just for the heck of it? Is this conducted by the FBI or local police?

Thank you. I am still looking. I am on my laptop now and I knew you could forward by email or share by twitter, etc. I didn't know you could paste and copy. Will try that. Thanks again.
I found it. The impression I got from what he said about the AC wasn’t that it was temporarily broken but that it never really worked well in her room, so the stayed with Dalton instead. I guess it’s up to interpretation of whether or not she was mainly looking bing with him or not.
13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe

Thank you. I am still looking. I am on my laptop now and I knew you could forward by email or share by twitter, etc. I didn't know you could paste and copy. Will try that. Thanks again.

I think it might have been Good Morning America

Well no luck at Fox News. It could be GMA but...I remember the reporter almost running out of questions to ask and saying something like most reporters being smarter than he was because he couldn't think of questions to ask. I remember some voice in the background helping him. That is why I think it was local. I just wanted a poster to see MT did not live wit DJ full time but stayed with him while her ac was out in her bedroom at home. Guess someone will find the link. thanks

I feel you, and I think your rationale is exactly right.

I hope it didn't come across like I was suggesting a stranger abduction wasn't a possibility, because I think it definitely is. I think it's probably the second-most likely scenario after an acquaintance being involved.

As far as the location of whatever happened, I have absolutely no idea. Could have been at or near the house, could have been quite a distance away. I lean slightly towards it happening at or close to the house, but could see it either way.

I understand and I'm not married to the stranger theory, and I honestly don't have a good enough grasp of the geography to 'see' into where she could have been to make a stranger abduction more likely. But I do think it makes sense that she was possibly away from areas where she would have been more visible. Unfortunately, we really don't know where she went after the sightings or in what direction.

I feel you, and I think your rationale is exactly right.

I hope it didn't come across like I was suggesting a stranger abduction wasn't a possibility, because I think it definitely is. I think it's probably the second-most likely scenario after an acquaintance being involved.

As far as the location of whatever happened, I have absolutely no idea. Could have been at or near the house, could have been quite a distance away. I lean slightly towards it happening at or close to the house, but could see it either way.

Someone asked where people in Brooklyn go shopping...which is kinda funny.

Norman Rockwell towns really do not exist anymore. First radio, then TV, then cable, then the internet has tied everyone together tighter.

In Brooklyn Iowa you can easily see the fashion in Malibu CA, then order it on Amazon. I may have outdoor toilets but I get all my shoes off Amazon. Even if you want something illicit, you can order it online.

Now speech is something else. I hear 'Git outta here' all the time. And 'Is the crick good for fishin today?'.

You say big city folk are sophisticated, they see 'Hamilton'. We drove the horse and buggy to Des Moines the other day to see Hamilton there.

Is that clear, Burr, Sir?

Well no luck at Fox News. It could be GMA but...I remember the reporter almost running out of questions to ask and saying something like most reporters being smarter than he was because he couldn't think of questions to ask. I remember some voice in the background helping him. That is why I think it was local. I just wanted a poster to see MT did not live wit DJ full time but stayed with him while her ac was out in her bedroom at home. Guess someone will find the link. thanks
Check out my previous post

I found it. The impression I got from what he said about the AC wasn’t that it was temporarily broken but that it never really worked well in her room, so the stayed with Dalton instead. I guess it’s up to interpretation of whether or not she was mainly looking bing with him or not.

Oh my goodness! This is it. Very good interview with Mollies parents and with DJ.
Thank you and everyone, please watch. Answered lots of questions. Oh I am praying Mollie returns!

Seems like this is the prevailing thought of posters. My theory, after wobbling for days, is still likely a SK, whether he lives close by or was driving through town looking for an opportunity. He was ready to strike.
In that vein, I would add that if it was a SK, he could have noticed her, and began watching her for a day or two. He knew she was at home alone that night, and waited for her to take her jog and got her. At that time of day/night, there was probably little activity/traffic, so he got her, possibly under threat of a weapon -- a knife might be all it would take. If not a SK, it could have been a new employee of a nearby business, temporary farm help, etc. etc.
That's one theory anyway.

Not a big point, but I think it is the other way around. The fancy people out east have breakfast (then change to afternoon clothes) lunch, (then change to evening clothes) dinner.

In Iowa it is breakfast, dinner, supper.

It was explained this way: traditionally 'dinner' is the largest meal. Midwestern farmers would have a larger meal at noon, and a smaller meal in the evening -- thus supper.

IDK. I eat like a pig no matter what.
Me too!

I must admit my mom was a city girl (Marshalltown, represent! lol) so her parlance wasn't strictly farm, by any stretch.

Are their large cornfields that come to the edge or close to the road or possible paths MT could have been jogging? Perhaps a local drifter, even a teenager, maybe someone not right in the head had been hiding or lurking near the cornfields up to no good happened to see a pretty girl run by. MT was busy listening to music from her earbuds she wouldn’t have heard his footsteps come from behind and put his hand over her mouth and use the cord of her earbuds to apprehend her. Posters here said cornfields are so thick you could literally be standing in them and not be detected and in he dragged her into the cornfield they pop back up therefore no drag marks. I’m thinking her body is in the cornfield and like others said wouldn’t be found until harvest.
I've been following this since about a week after MT was reported missing. Over the last two weeks it's become a borderline obsession lol. However, one of the things that I've tried to do is a daily 'reset' about what information has been learned from the day before. Have done this in other missing person cases I've followed.

Have to say this one currently is up there in terms of being different than others. For example, have never wavered in what I thought happened to Natalee Holloway, Laci Peterson or Abby and Libby - not for a second. This case though - opinion has changed 2-3x over the course of a few weeks and keeps wavering. Yesterday, I thought there was a very real possibility that MT was alive and what her father said about "someone she knows" made sense.

For today's "reset", here's what I think I think:

- LE has a ton more info than many are giving them credit for and are holding it so tight due to the small size of the community and because I truly believe they are on the verge of a breakthrough. The rescheduled PC (2x) spoke this to me as I think if the case was really going cold, they'd just cancel it and say they have no new information, team continues to follow-up, report tips, blahblahblah

- WC is not the responsible party for her disappearance and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was nowhere near her jogging route on 07/18. The guy has been overly cooperative when he doesn't have to be and while he seems like a rather shady character, has acted like someone who has nothing to hide. I think MSM has been latching on to the "cops searching area by creepy guy's house - he must have done it!" theory which so far with amount of info we have is akin to in the early days of the investigation people loudly trumpeting "THE BOYFRIEND DID IT - I KNOW IT" with just as much research

- MT's jogging route certainly suggests that she was taken (or left) on her run since last known sighting was at one of her farthest points from the home. There have been no reported sightings of MT after 8-9 PM on the way back towards the house. I have to believe with 4-5 reported sightings and possible video from gas station next to Casey's on the route from the home, if she did make it back home there'd be at least one sighting after DR's on the way back. Either that or MT entered stealth ninja mode or teleported back to the house - the narrative that she made it back home after the 7:30 PM run doesn't hold water to me. Add in that LE has described her as wearing running clothes and her cell/Fitbit/armband have not been recovered and every sign points to disappearance on the run itself

- Nor does the thought that anything happened at the house make logical sense. DJ reported there were no signs of a struggle, LE never made the home a crime scene and fam was allowed to go in and out freely shortly after she vanished. Add in the dogs being fed/watered in the basement where they were placed when she went out and you have tons of signs that MT going out for a run and leaving the house exactly as she would. Contacts being there don't bother me at all because if she was running, she easily could've been wearing a pair or just not wanted or needed them if she's just going to put her head down and run

- As for her leaving willingly or knowing her abductor(s) - I just don't know. Logic tells me no but hope says yes because if the answer is yes, then there's a better chance she's still alive

- Speaking of, I go back and forth about if MT is alive/being held and deceased. Right now I'm somewhere around 75% not and 25% is and I really wish there'd be news that would come out that would change those. Can't tell you how badly I want to be wrong here

- This case has reminded me how much I hate sensationalist journalism to my core. Whether it's MSM or other, clickbait stories with "OMG RUMORZ" and the like or unverified quotes from locals who were likely paid drives me insane and is a reminder why the news media sometimes get a bad rap. There are plenty of good ones out there - just a few bad apples spoil the bunch

Thank you again to WS for being a great community of logical, helpful and kind people. So glad I joined - not just for the MT case, but will definitely be sticking around. I hope I've added enough value to the discussion and look forward to the day this case can be closed. Have a great Friday and weekend all.

^^^This. The two biggest things that strike me are:
1) the missing jogging clothing and shoes which indicate she never finished her jog. The homework log in could have happened at any point before jog due to there being date stamp but no time stamp, as I recall reading somewhere. Not sure what to make of the Snapchat, but from reading how they work that could also have been sent earlier as I don’t think there’s been a reputable direct confirm from LE on time sent. I also don’t think a neighbor’s statement that LE told him that MT made it home from jog should be relied on as neighbor could have interpreted wrong and there has been no confirm from LE directly on that to my knowledge.

2) While it very well could be a stranger abduction on her run, I feel like if LE thought this was even a remote possibility, they would have warned the public, telling people to be aware of their surroundings when out, take precautions, etc. Yes they want to solve this case but they also have a duty to protect public and prevent other similar abductions from occurring. I have not seen LE do this in this case which would lead me to believe that they are pretty confident it is not random stranger.

I am new here following this case and it hits close to home. My hubby and I are both from Iowa and just spent 2 weeks last month with my kids visiting family across the state.

Daunting but i caught the tail of this Thread #20 beginning with open today.

Great participation.
Good thoughts.

All hopeful.

However, i must ask, pure coincidence or what, the WS ad board at page top promoting (at least for me)
Utah Cold Case Month
Ironic or what as the MT case as one facet had a possible UT connection?

I did not see every post in Threads 18 and 19 so i am not aware of the UT possibility having been debunked or put to rest.

Sleuth on. Must break for now.
Will be back.
Thanks to all

Me too!

I must admit my mom was a city girl (Marshalltown, represent! lol) so her parlance wasn't strictly farm, by any stretch.

Marshalltown has all kinds of big city problems now. Interesting huh?

Cap Anson's days (baseball HOF) in Marshalltown are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member