Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, if anyone is interested Iowa has some interesting places. It's not depressing, too much.

Dubuque is revitalized. Across the Miss from Galena.
Des Moines is a city growing and renewing itself.
Waterloo has a great Irish Fest.
There are Indian Mounds up NE.
Grant Wood country near Cedar Rapids
Pella has Tulipfest etc etc

Don't forget the Surf Ballroom (where Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens played their last gig), and their memorial!

These two places are on my bucket list of places to visit.

I couldnt DISAGREE with you more.

Being a LE employee, for over 30 years.
I have made several posts defending the intregity of the on-going investigation.

It is not amateurish, IMO. You have to
Have knowledge of crime investigation, and standard procedures, to understand.

Disturbing to me, that so many people, on this site, "liked" this comment. I doubt the person posting this, has any professional investigative experience?

To form such a conclusion, about the quality of this investigation, is baseless, IMO.

**** Some people on this thread, have lost the focus of this investigation. Hopefully, finding MT alive. Taking "cheap shots", at LE, is misguided at best.

I base my opinions on fact, and not mere speculation.
Thank you. Magnum PI1, for saying this. LE is doing their very best to find Mollie, we all know this on some level. Hoping the cancelled PCs this week mean they are closing in on some significant leads, and Mollie will be found very soon. I really feel for her family, friends, and community.

Last edited:
You’re right, it doesn’t really matter who she was living with. I was just hoping someone had access to her Apple password and could use it to find her phone. In the interview, mom said she was under the impression that you couldn’t find a phone once it was dead, but my link earlier, that started our conversation proved otherwise. I’m sure LE looked into it if it were possible. I’m hoping Monday brings some news as well. Although the odds are against it, it would make my year if she made it home safely.
With the Iphone if the phone is dead you can only know the last active location. But the phone could of been turned off at the park and toss at the river.

In that vein, I would add that if it was a SK, he could have noticed her, and began watching her for a day or two. He knew she was at home alone that night, and waited for her to take her jog and got her. At that time of day/night, there was probably little activity/traffic, so he got her, possibly under threat of a weapon -- a knife might be all it would take. If not a SK, it could have been a new employee of a nearby business, temporary farm help, etc. etc.
That's one theory anyway.

I just hate the thought of anyone dong this. I am still wound tight from keeping up with this thread at WS. I don't use social media like FB or Twitter so at least this thread stays cleaner than most. Thank goodness. My doors are locked, I keep looking around every where I go. It isn't good to get so invested in a story like this.

I was also wound up with Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias but we KNEW the killers in those stories and sought justice. This one.....wow. And I never thought Abbey and Libby's case would go cold. That is one way I learned so much about SK's being in every State and so many sexual predators in every city. How many more that don't get in the news? Scary....

Seems to me the Coop would have cameras covering the entire Coop area. Most Elec Coops have all kinds of equipment in the buildings on the property which could be tempting to some folks. I'm not saying anything about someone who might want to try to steal something from the Coop -- just saying that the equipment in those building is valuable and expensive to replace -- that's why I would assume they have cameras.
Just a thought.

They have cameras, but we don't know if they were operational.
IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

(More ptsd: “up the hill...”, “down the hill...”, “up the hill...”, “down the hill...”...guess its time to away for a second and regroup.

Audio link for reference of the reminder I’m speaking of:
ABIGAIL WILLIAMS — FBI
-not saying there’s a relation, just saying these things really stick with ya..
Several posts on this thread have said the house MT was staying in was up on a hill. More specifically, the front yard was level but behind the house and overall, it's on a rise.

My son recently graduated college. He would download his college books (cheaper) and assignments into his PC which was shared in the cloud with all his mobile devices. He could be at a friends and still do homework from his iphone. Why does Mollie have to be at home to do her schoolwork from her Mac? Apple has a great system sharing to all your Apple devices through iCloud and handoff. Start something on one device and pickup where you left off on another.

In any event, if there's a digital trail, LE would likely be on it...if she was doing homework at home, I assume they know that. If she logged on elsewhere, I would imagine they know where that is or are going through the necessary motions through subpoena to get it. For whatever reason, whatever information they've been able to get on homework doesn't seem to have broken open the case for LE. They have said, however, that they are confident in their timeline...and it's possible (likely?) that having a digital trail to follow (homework, SM activity, phone activity, etc.) is what gives them that confidence.

Something else weird just popped in my mind as I try to consider motives not relating to SA:

I just recalled a case were a woman was killed at her place of work (totally different here locationwise I know). Her killer was female coworker. The motive was that she wanted to silence he victim because she had discovered her shoplifting at the yoga clothing store where they worked. It was a very violent and aggressive attack.

Just bringing to the table the possibility that maybe Mollie knew something, or saw something...maybe with the kids? Any chance she suspected something and maybe was going to report it? Again, sorry if this is out there and/or has been mentioned/discussed.

Interesting you mention this Magz, for some reason the perpetration of this crime from when I first learned of it had a whiff of a very feminine mind...

1. They have strong reason to believe Mollie was targeted and not that the public is at risk.
2. They suspect she voluntarily disappeared (unlikely IMO).
3. They have a suspect that is under surveillance.

I'm sure there are other reasons.
Any one of those three would mean that they know more than they are letting on. At least that means there might be hope for answers soon.

With the Iphone if the phone is dead you can only know the last active location. But the phone could of been turned off at the park and toss at the river.
Correct. Since IOS 8 update, it sends Apple the exact location of the phone when the battery died. It could still be moved after it died but would still be a valuable piece of information, I would think.

After three weeks I finally have a theory -
One or both of Mollie's devices led LE to the pig farm.
They were disposed/hidden there by someone who has access or is familiar with the property.
It is not WC.. The polygraph was administered to clear him and perhaps to corroborate statements.
Mollie got in a car with someone she knew and at some point she rejected his advances and things went very, very wrong from there.

People very often dispose or hide things - and sometimes people - in familiar places.

Sure. Basically nothing has changed since day 1. That is all.
LE has followed up on hundreds of leads, conducted dozens of interviews, and searched multiple properties according to MSM and previous PCs. There is no new info that LE has released to the public. They've cancelled all PCs scheduled for this week. The family has not spoken publicly in the last few days.

That is because you're looking at the outer rows which are running parallel to the road. If you step in and look down the rows you'll see that there is plenty of room between the bases of the plants. There has to be in order to harvest it with a combine.

Rows are planted 30" or 2.5 feet wide; that leaves ample room for even a large man to turn sideways and move deep into a cornfield.

Last edited:
I believe if MT mother expected her for dinner/supper and MT didn't show up, red flags would have been raised by the Mother immediately, and MT whereabouts/investigation would have started from this point forward. Not the next morning.

It was the fact MT didn't show up for work the next day opened the missing person case. In hindsight, several hours passed from the last time anyone had actually seen or talking to MT, from her immediate family/friends, face to face.

Welcome to my life. I too have a 20 year old daughter that goes to school and works PT. She is a free spirit and comes and goes as she pleases. Because I had an overprotective mom that demanded an unrealistic time table from me when I was 20 and living at home (had to be home at 10:00 on weekend nights LOL) I gave my own kids more freedom. As a result of that I am frequently texting her to find out if she is coming home for dinner, what time she will be home, coming home right after work or visiting a friend. Blah blah blah. Even though I have asked her a million times to in the very least text me if she is not coming home at night, still there are times she does not. What this has resulted in basically is not planning on her for dinner because half the time she says she will be home she may in fact come home and change and go out to dinner with friends. Same when she doesn't come home. I got so frustrated that I asked her friend who is very responsible to her own mom, to text me if my daughter is staying with her. She did and now my daughter has taken it upon herself to do it herself as she should. I am always telling her that if she doesn't she could find herself gone missing and I would have no idea she was taken simply because she didn't let me know what she was doing. Hours matter in these cases so parents just have to continue to instill upon their young adult children that keeping in contact with their parents or even a friend to let them know what they are doing is a good habit to get into.

For a last resort I DID tell my daughter and my older daughter as well, you think it is me treating you as a child when I ask these questions BUT, God forbid anything horrible like this happen and you find yourself in a life threatening situation, you WILL be calling for mom and dad and definitely wishing you took their advice. I know that because I found myself in such a situation once before and I was no longer a child nor living at home. Kids want their parents to rescue them as they are growing up and parents want to be there to do just that. They can't be if they don't have a clue where you are.

Maybe she did go willingly and the situation is now too complicated for her to handle. Hopefully, she can call her parents and get her life back on track.
I believe it's likely that she did get into a car willingly, but I don't believe she went missing willingly. I think that's a big difference. If someone I know offers me a ride to the grocery store and I accept, that doesn't mean that I willing went with him/her out of town to a location nobody would ever expect me to be. MOO
Hey, it gives us a lil something to munch on. :)
The munching isn't the problem, the rumors that can come of it are. I can't remember for sure now what you were commenting on, but I believe it was the ex-profiler. Something that has to be kept in mind with that is that profilers may be able to give a much more accurate description of what happened and who did it, but once they stop working in that job, they're making their predictions/assumptions on the same information as the rest of the public. Because of that, they're just as likely to be wrong as you or I are. MOO
Ahhh. Growing up in New England, dinner was when you ate out at a decent restaurant or had a holiday (or formal) meal at home (e.g. Thanksgiving dinner). I know it is now changing, but it used to be all the kids had to be home for supper. If another kid told you they had to be home for dinner, you might ask if they had company or something!
I grew up in the Upper Midwest and a small evening meal was called supper, a large one (or if we went out to eat) was a dinner.
Just a thought...
Casey's has an ATM. They usually have a camera near these. I believe LE got surveillance footage from Casey's. IIRC it wasn't mentioned that an ATM card was found with her other stuff. Could it be she ran up to use the ATM...and maybe even gotten a ride there from someone? LE would then have a time and footage of what she was wearing, confirming who saw what and when.
Google Maps
I'm not positive, and I don't have a link, but I thought they said that her wallet was found and was holding her license and bank card. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, but I'm fairly sure. MOO

I
Agree. And the political jabs are also unnecessary and unhelpful to finding Mollie. Nothing this far that is publicly known warrants criticism of FBI or LE investigating. 3 + weeks is a long time to her family and friends but in reality, very early in the average missing persons case. JMO

I don’t recall anyone making a jab at any current FBI agent or LE working on this particular case in these threads. If your referring to me because I said I lost faith in FBI that’s my own personal opinion. Only some not all FBI agents. Someone posted a msm about a former FBI profiler not someone working on Mollies case. Im entitled to have my opinions. Im presently married to a retired LE officer my BIL is a current Sergeant in a local department. My ex fiancé is a retired assistant Sheriff in Oakland. I completely respect law enforcement and everything they do. They work their rear ends off to save the lives of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member