Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they are missing out on possible tips. People know the reward is only for her safe return. Few people are going to turn in their dangerous neighbor, go through an FBI investigation, and suffer a social media mob attack without the presence of a reward for the arrest and conviction NOT her safe return.

I would guess they've considered all of these things and on balance, feel this is the best structure for this particular case. I guess I'm just always a little hesitant to assume the ineptitude of folks who are trained and do this kind of thing for a living.

Reactions: TRB
JMO
This is the highest reward amount I have seen in any case. Its gotten to the point it would be like hitting the lottery if someone was to claim it.

Since she is still not returned safely then it tells me either she is deceased already or the only people that really know where she is is the perp(s) themselves.

I think if anyone on the sidelines that was not responsible and knew she was still being held that they would come forward by now for this kind of money. Someone would turn in their own mother for that kind of money.

The other thing hard about rewards is most families would want news either way to find their relative whether deceased or not and I think the reason that is hardly ever done on a reward is because there is no good way to do it. Because if you say something like 50% of the reward if location of a body given then a perp and his friend may coordinate to go ahead and kill her and the sideline friend try to claim the reward saying he just stumbled upon a body while hunting or something.

There is one way I think a reward would have better success. Kind of like crimestoppers but it would have to be even better. Have some kind of system that would guarantee a person total anonymous and be able to still collect money. I dont think anyone has really come up with something that a shady individual would ever feel comfortable that they could get money and not be identified. If that was ever invented I think rewards would have more success.

Yes they would have more success and we would see far more missing people if they did this. Out of money for rent? NP go take someone and claim a reward without having to pay any consequences. Can't open that door ever.

Been following this case. I’m sure it was discussed but what was the weather that evening? Trying to think outside the box. Unusually hot? Chance of a random T storm passing through? Just trying to think if something would have caused her to be more likely to take a ride from someone / end jogging or take shelter ?

I could be wrong but it was hot and muggy. Very hot. The next evening was the spate of tornadoes hitting central Iowa.

Although there is no confirmation from neighbor R. Thompson on what street he saw Mollie "walking nonchalantly," it is in my opinion he had to see her walking east on W. Des Moines Street.

Looking back at his interview video, if you look closely in the video, he is gesturing with his hands in the direction of W. Des Moines Street.

Furthermore, he is talking on his front porch, and in the background you can see some sort of longboat or wagon on his right shoulder side. If you Google map his location using the street view feature, you can see that same longboat/wagon right off W. Des Moines St.

Near the end of the video, the camera also takes a close-up look on the W. Des Moines St. street sign.

He states "she had to go either north or south." Why? Because at the end of W. Des Moines street, there's no other option.

Why does this matter? Because if Mollie was running east on Pershing Drive, "up the hill" on East 2nd Street, etc. how the heck did she end up walking east on W. Des Moines St., the same street where the bf's house is?

Maybe, just maybe, she made it home after the run then walked towards mom's house where "something" happened.

30 pages in already? I'm bringing my post from thread #19 over
"Theoretically Mollie could have ran in a loop. Down Pershing to Mills, Mills to 2nd, 2nd to Orchard toward home. She would pass several businesses; some auto parts and auto sales, car wash, Casey's, veterinary services, before the residential area begins again."

And theory 10,001 ;) I think that this was somewhat of the route Mollie ran that night, in the beginning she ran down Des Moines to Jackson and then to Pershing. Somewhere in the western half of the run, she met with something foul.

<snipped for focus>

- So are you saying Des Moines to Jackson, south to Pershing, east on Pershing to Mills? Because NH said he saw her jogging on Pershing but Jackson and Pershing is four blocks from his house. We could speculate she ran west on Pershing on her way home, but my second point confuses that because both can't be true.
- There are also comments floating around WS about her running 'towards the funeral home' on Pershing, so that wouldn't fit that. However, I cannot substantiate that comment through any video or article means at this time and would LOVE to see where that came from.

I don’t get it either. That guy offered up info and now people are flipping out. No wonder nobody ever wants to come forward!

I don't think LE is focused on him. But there are aspects that may perk up people's ears.

Saying you're the last person to see a missing person is rather odd. So is insisting on inserting yourself in a case (despite what everyone has seen happened to WC), after he states he already spoke at length to LE (so they know his info) and was shocked and apparently scared by their search.

We have seen in some cases how people involved in a crime like to get involved in the case.

Those and perhaps other things may make people pause.

I'm not sure why any man not related would get on camera in this case and talk about how LE investigated them. Or really say anything at all. Everyone does look right at them.

Finally, I think it's clear Brooklyn is a safe town. But something terrible may have happened there. LE's response to Mollie's disappearance surely seems to suggest that.

Even nice, safe towns can be visited by evil.

Does ANYONE think there is a possibility she actually did not turn up Orchard and continued on Highway 6 with the intention of turning into 385th to get home?
No don't believe the HWY 6 turn theory as the few descriptions we've had of her jogging routes were that she was a creature of habit with probably 3 routes, didn't like running in or around corn fields and stayed close to town. I also would think that she had some awareness of personal safety (visiting dad in Oakland and living in Iowa City) although some evidence to the contrary certainly exists in the SM accounts IMO. I find it hard to believe that growing up in a small town means that you have litle awareness of the issues associated with 1-80 and transient traffic at the truck stops. I really wonder how much time locals spend at the truck stops (even though I think we had a post the other day from someone who said that they drive from their town to a local truck stop to eat as the food is good)?

Trying to read between lines here, that must be if they have their eyes on someone already?

I suppose the implication would be that they have some reason to believe that she is still alive...coupled with the father's statements (which he has qualified as speculation/wishful thinking), it might suggest that they believe she could be alive, held captive in some way.

My opinion on the car situation has been that her brother probably didn't worry or freak out when she didn't text back right away because he figured she had figured out a different way to get to work that morning (he texted her at 730 on Thurs). I wonder if they had already determined which days she needed it for work and which days he did (don't know if he worked every day or not or what her schedule was). Is it possible on the days one needed the car that the other one dropped them off at work? (Like how he dropped her off at her BF's house and then presumably needed the car for something else). If not and MT did get rides occasionally from someone else when she didn't have the car, it would be interesting to know who that person/people are.

Bravo, I agree about an intuition of finding her in the cornfields. In my opinion, unfortunately deceased. Maybe it's because I used to live in Illinois and recall this situation:

1985 Cold Case: Barbara Bremer

The other possibility that nags at me is the co-op building next door to the BF's house. Someone could have watched her frequently from that building....maybe even from their desk or truck and decided to approach her and the situation went bad.

I think around October when the farmers begin harvesting their crops that she will be found. I pray that I'm wrong.

Although there is no confirmation from neighbor R. Thompson on what street he saw Mollie "walking nonchalantly," it is in my opinion he had to see her walking east on W. Des Moines Street.

Looking back at his interview video, if you look closely in the video, he is gesturing with his hands in the direction of W. Des Moines Street.

Furthermore, he is talking on his front porch, and in the background you can see some sort of longboat or wagon on his right shoulder side. If you Google map his location using the street view feature, you can see that same longboat/wagon right off W. Des Moines St.

Near the end of the video, the camera also takes a close-up look on the W. Des Moines St. street sign.

He states "she had to go either north or south." Why? Because at the end of W. Des Moines street, there's no other option.

Why does this matter? Because if Mollie was running east on Pershing Drive, "up the hill" on East 2nd Street, etc. how the heck did she end up walking east on W. Des Moines St., the same street where the bf's house is?

Maybe, just maybe, she made it home after the run then walked towards mom's house where "something" happened.

I know. Maybe it is just me. Maybe the guy who said 'up the hill' didn't think in depth, but that bothers me. Alot.

I have three thoughts/comments and pardon an oversight on my behalf if this has already being presented. (I am traveling right now and a bit behind on this current thread.)

First, there was mention of both the “possible” red shirt discovery and a “possible* pink sports bra she might have been wearing. Any chance the possible shirt discovery is being mistaken for a pink sports bra? Just a thought.

Second, I believed someone mentioned the theory of MT possibly witnessing a sketchy situation. Maybe the long conversation with her father involved counseling her about problem solving the situation?

As for the car ride, is it possible that the person lured her into the car during her jog
because she thought they needed her help? For example, maybe they appeared drunk and she volunteered to drive them home? Or they pretended that they needed to seek medical care and asked her to watch their child? This person could be one that developed an infatuation or one she witnessed doing something sketchy .

Just some thoughts of mine.

And

I could not agree more. I am not a heart surgeon, so I would not insinuate that the surgeon is not conducting the surgery properly. These people are professionals, and the only people who seem to be judging them are people who are not. I especially agree that many people have lost focus in the investigation. I have read some pretty creative theories, but many aren't based on the facts of the case. We really need to focus or this site will become like a chat room. I would think there would be many places to share long stories or personal experiences But on this site, in my view, it is simply making it impossible to catch up. Lets try to stay on topic!

I’m not seeing a lot of people actually dogging the profiler, but there are a lot of posts I haven’t read yet. FTR surgeons make mistakes too. As does LE. (Not saying any mistakes are being made here). This case is indeed multifaceted, and while this profiler says someone might have to have been seen to come into this small town, and it wouldn’t necessarily be easy to abduct Mollie, I don't necessarily agree with that but I’m certainly not dogging her and as stated she has impressive credentials. Imo while you say some may seem to have lost focus (I haven’t seen anything like that today yet), there are many here who seem quite on focus to me. Another note, I’ve seen “boardrooms” on crime TV where LE admits that even members amongst themselves differ in opinions at times. I saw one where each lead on the case had a different POI, lol. There were 3 of them, iirc. So the fact that WSers are able to even cognitively indulge in discussion with a profiler as such says a lot. Imo.

As for me, I appreciate hearing people’s stories as long as they’re sooooomewhat on topic, as people may have been through similar situations we ,which, who knows, could provide some potentially valuable insight. Not to mention safety discussions are often addressed in such posts.

Last edited:
Great question and it has come up here before. What was the typical way she got to work?
Jack said Mollie would sometimes borrow his truck, a Dodge Ram 1500, and head straight to work without stopping in at her mom’s place.

But that wasn’t possible on July 18-19 because he had it with him in Dubuque, where he was working for Jasper Construction Services.

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

Nice work, thanks!

I don't think LE is focused on him. But there are aspects that may perk up people's ears.

Saying you're the last person to see a missing person is rather odd. So is insisting on inserting yourself in a case (despite what everyone has seen happened to WC), after he states he already spoke at length to LE (so they know his info) and was shocked and apparently scared by their search.

We have seen in some cases how people involved in a crime like to get involved in the case.

Those and perhaps other things may make people pause.

I'm not sure why any man not related would get on camera in this case and talk about how LE investigated them. Or really say anything at all. Everyone does look right at them.

Finally, I think it's clear Brooklyn is a safe town. But something terrible may have happened there. LE's response to Mollie's disappearance surely seems to suggest that.

Even nice, safe towns can be visited by evil.
If anyone wants to accurately know what he said go to Facebook and read it yourself. You can’t just misquote him then tear apart what he didn’t even say in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB