Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he was never caught, it was a car with button locks but the pegs were removed..I quietly worked my tiny fingers into the opening enough so i could pinch the post of the car lock, I coughed very loudly to disguise the "click" he reached over and put his hand over my mouth..and I bit him and then I punched him in the nose, kicking him as I opened the door and fell out of the car in an alley..I ran behind some trash cans and he smashed the cans with his car.

people thought they heard a wounded animal in their yard.

it was me.

I survived well so don't worry!!!!

Smart and fast thinking. So glad you survived! It's my nightmare.

I apologize if this has been addressed, but it’s been nagging at me. The brother said he messaged her about using the car (the night before I believe) and no response from Mollie...what I don’t understand is A.) is that typical that she doesn’t respond and no one follows up? I have 2 brothers and if we were sharing a car for the summer he would have at least messaged back and said “okay I’m taking it” or something. Maybe her brother did, but I guess I just think that would be something you would want an answer on and would follow up until you got one! B.)if she didn’t take the car how did she get to work; I’m doubting there is public transportation where she was; so did she walk, jog, ride a bike, did someone swing by and pick her up. I’ve not seen addressed anywhere how she typically got to work if she didn’t use the family car.
Which is leading down this road of what if someone who knew her schedule swung by unannounced to take her to work ( a friend also home from college, an old HS friend, maybe a co worker, but doubtful) under the whole “hey thought you might want a ride” type thing.

I know I’m rambling!! It’s really been bothering me.

That has nagged me as well the whole well she ain't responding to me, I guess she must have found somebody else to take her to work. Was that just typical of MT to the family to not respond often and do her own thing, and they trusted /assumed she had gone and made other plans ?

I think what makes this case so difficult is how easy it is to relate to Mollie, at least for me personally. I've spent time scrolling through her Instagram/Twitter, and some of her posts sound like something I myself would say. After reading through her social media, it feels like she's someone I know ... it's all very eerie. I think that's why a lot of people care so much about Mollie and finding out what happened to her, because we all can see this being ourselves/our daughter/our sister/our friend/etc.

I doubt LE was prepared for this case to become so popular, nor do I think local LE was prepared to deal with a missing persons' investigation - hence inviting FBI immediately.

Honestly, this case is feeling very eerie, and I fear it's one we won't have answers for years. I hope I'm wrong, and this case gets closure sooner rather than later.

That is why it's getting overwhelming attention.
She really does look like the girl next door . An adorable girl with brown hair and a big smile. Kind and trusting. We've all known someone like Mollie.

As women we've all had that slightly off guy who we felt kindly toward and tried to be friends with even though deep down we knew any glimmer of friendship was seen as more to him. It's a common pratfall of young single women and at some point there's a "moment". Like when I was dating my husband I had a male friend who had been by my side like a brother. We were all at a big party and I was his ride, so at the end of the night I gave him a ride home, alone. When we pulled into his driveway things went south very quickly and I was surprised at how angry and volatile he became. This was not the guy I had known for years. So I can see how the timing of this makes sense for that scenario. It might not even be someone she's close to, but someone she knows from around town or had a class with. If this person was able to make it appear she had logged on to do her homework, then it would be more likely that it's someone from U of I, maybe someone she worked on a project with who may have seen her log in or she may have shared her password with.

RBBM, gosh, this, yes. And either affections were denied or she was told something very personal and this person later regretted it. Again, this person would have to have felt they had A LOT to lose if word got out about either of these things. This doesn't discount the spontaneous rage angle, which could also have come into play.

Margarita, I agree. I definitely think there is a boogey man but he may be long gone by now, with MT.
(Uggghhh.....)

No family interviews the last two days? Curious about that.
(I always wonder if, God Forbid and knock on wood I was ever in that situation, that I would be perceived as “suspicious”...)
(ETA: Probably! Lol...they’d be like “She was always on that crime website, and studying serial killers...” )

Everything is suspicious IMO until a clearer focus in this investigation is revealed by LE!

Last edited:
I've gone back to the media reports of that press conference. The headlines read that bf, bf brother and brothers were cleared. However, the quotes only mention the bf and then right after "the brothers" as in the bf and his brother. I don't think the Tibbetts brothers were mentioned one way or another?

Mollie's brothers were cleared.

I'm right there with ya. Have you looked at @Jennifermn 's Google Map: Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps

It's excellent. I really really really need to know where 'running on Pershing towards the funeral home' came from because that does not fit anything. Running west on Pershing maybe.

Yes, it is a well put together map from @Jennifermn and I highly recommend everyone on here to check it out if you haven't already. IMO, the running east on Pershing Dr. and running west on Pershing Dr. is both possible.

For example, she starts her run heading east on Pershing Dr. toward the funeral home. Along the way she hits East 2nd Street, and eventually she starts jogging back home at some point.

Running west on Pershing Dr. can lead back home.

Remember neighbor David Collum's intel from LE that she ran past his house and made it home that evening. If you see DC's location on Jennifer's map, heading west on Pershing then up West Street to go back home is plausible.

images
link

*Stay on topic

*DO NOT sleuth or post personal information about non-POIs (including a wedding registry, realty information, relationships, marriage information or anything else about their background even if it is public unless it is in MSM)

*Post using initials for all the case players (family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors,etc.) as much as possible

*DO NOT post asking if a particular person has been cleared

*DO NOT post judgemental posts about Mollie or anyone in her family as this is not victim friendly

*DO NOT post screenshots

Just a little bumparoo.

Moooo

That has nagged me as well the whole well she ain't responding to me, I guess she must have found somebody else to take her to work. Was that just typical of MT to the family to not respond often and do her own thing, and they trusted /assumed she had gone and made other plans ?

I think we can only assume that, whatever the family dynamic, any of the individual things she did were not so alarming to mom, brother, boyfriend, etc, that they immediately realized something was up. Not showing up for work, I'm sure, then caused them in hindsight to go back and realize things were strange. There are a ton of times I text my wife, mom, sister, etc and they just don't respond at all for one reason or another...didn't warrant a response, didn't have time, saw it and forgot...whatever. It's only after the fact and all of these unusual things coming together that any of the single things that happened start setting off alarm bells.

I wonder that too-why the dogs were in the basement? Or if she walked in, out again to take out the trash...
The dogs were typically left in the basement when residents were not home, and Mollie would have brought them upstairs if she was home, and also to sleep with her.

I am referring only to the opinions being shared in the media that give an implication there is inside information. It leads to confusion regarding the actual facts when someone with an investigative title says something like she left with someone known to her. Statistically we know this to be true and discuss it on WS. I just think it contributes to rumors as folks hear/read FBI and assume they are linked directly to the investigation. I sure hope no one views my posts here on WS as having any inside info. I'm quite obsessive with MOO, JMO. :)
Agreed, and this is also any media outlet's direct responsibility to state outright, make it clear and fast at the beginning of the article or interview, that they are quoting an expert who is *not* affiliated in *any* way with the ongoing Mollie Tibbetts investigation, that the interviewee is merely offering an opinion.

A few days before she went missing, Mollie's brother ST retweeted a video of an arrest in Centerville. A meth user who was part of a group who broke into someone's home and violently attacked victim. The original poster who witnessed and recorded the arrest shares the same name as Mollie (spelled differently). Could there be a connection, perhaps an act of retribution based on wrong assumptions and mistaken identity? Did someone related to that violent group think Mollie had something to do with their arrest?

If true, this is a terrifying possibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB