Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms Betsy, I think the walk around person is going to do it tomorrow instead of today .

That was my first thought. Maybe the dogs ran to the co-op to “greet” someone or someone mistakenly pulled in the driveway to the house instead of the co-op
I haven't seen this idea. It would fit what I've thought since day 1: whatever happened to her happened right at that house. It's not logical to think it happened at the house; chances are, it was on the run. But I just can't shake the feeling. Thanks

Thanks for "wading in," bec/ it reminds me that I could just as easily have personally replied to Margarita rather than clutter this thread with my data links, etc. Point well taken.

Point well taken here as well. But imo AC, your post is very interesting. We are discussing crime, crime stats, as it happens to come up in a discussion. I for one and all about hearing stats, and considering and learning about them in our discussions.

Reward for Mollie Tibbetts' safe return now up to $332,000

210 donors averages $1580/per person. obviously some more, some less but this is a lot and overall seems like an incredibly high amount.

for our more seasoned members:

-is there another case where its been higher? and if so, was it a wealthier city (so its proportionately the same, ik people donate nationwide but id imagine many our friends & family close, therefore you have a handful of donors with similar income brackets to the originating area).

-do you think there are 5 or so donors on here that have donated a substantial amount bc behind the scenes with LE/family theres reason to think shes alive?

-another explanation??

note: im definitely not trying to downplay the importance of finding mollie, if someone could donate a million dollars and the result is shes be foudn that'd be awesome, this just seems unusual and im wondering if theres a reason.

If Mollie left on her own accord, assuming the POI was somebody she was familiar with, are the alibis for the friends and family members accounted for?

(Ouch, lol. Fair enough...
Are you a man (Mister)? Not being snarky but I ask this especially bc if you are saying you personally would rather wade through safety posts, well let’s just say I don’t think that would be, um what’s the word, uh sensitive to the women on this thread whom I specifically addressed and might value these discussions. But I do understand your point. And if you’re a female, pls disregard, my apology. Honestly, it would tick me off immensely to have a man saying he needs to scroll through safety tips for women in an abduction thread. I would think a gentleman might value posts as such.

(You know, I t’s funny, I can’t remember right now which thread it was, but I took the time to make a verrrry detailed post about safety tips for women, down to watching your “blind spots” , etc as inspired by the content we were discussing. It turned it got an exhuberant number of thanks, with one being a lead in Law Enforcement who quoted my post and said it was a must read for everyone. I’ll look for it...

Anyway, I understand your points.

But “abduction” awareness is important, after all we are talking about an “abduction”. The topic, is “abduction” in many senses, imo.

Thank you! Abduction awareness is extremely important and it seems many of us on this site have been stalked, abducted, etc and have valuable info to impart. If such information saves one person it is more than worth it

Sorry, I just don't feel general discussion about abductions, abduction awareness or each of us telling our personal story is particularly relevant or valuable to the topic at hand: Mollie Tibbits disappearance. I think the "discussion" element here pertains to facts of the case...I believe that is the intention here on WS. Not for every thread about abduction to also become a general awareness and story-telling forum...if I misunderstood, my apologies.
I have long thought that Tricia should separate actual sleuthing threads from those who wish to empathize with victims, victims families, etc... These cases are heartbreaking and a lot of people can relate in one way or another. There should be separate place for all of that energy.

So you believe Mollie accept a ride, according to an FBI profiler, and is able to leave as she wishes?

I have no idea. I'm stating what the FBI profiler shared.
Is there proof of a crime? If so, LE hasn't shared that information.

Highly, highly unlikely. Sex trafficking victims tend to be runaways, undocumented migrants, drug users, homeless, and sex workers. Mollie doesn’t fit the profile of one of these far more likely categories.

MG, I would put the likelihood that MT was trafficked at approximately .0000000000001%. Which is why this post is the first, last, and only reference to "trafficking" you'll see me make on this thread.

My own research on that area, mainly.
What makes you so sure that this was a lone predator?
I don't recall saying any such thing. Although I have said the statistics much more favor it being someone that she knows or is close to her. The odds of it being a random unknown serial killer are something like 1 in 10,000. I'm not sure what the odds of it being 2 or a gang of people. If you know some reason to tip it in favor of one direction over another I'd be curious to know what it is.

My take on what happened...and I have read every single post from the very first page...and of course my own experiences figure into this.
I think someone in her circle (not college friends) knew about the crew going out of town and that MT would be alone.
This information was pounced on as the perfect opportunity to cause some harm to MT. I can't accept that someone did not use this opportunity to their advantage.
It was someone "known to her" casually. Someone that thought she was cute and very easy to stalk, or creep on or catch.

I personally believe he watched her somewhere close to the house, when she went for a run, there was the next opportunity. This person followed her until she was in a spot where he could make his move..either he went on ahead after he figured out her route and hid somewhere or waited for her to pass by (which I think is highly likely) or he caught up to her somewhere isolated in her run.

MOO of course!

Thread discussions tend to move towards more general discussion of semi related topics (abduction, safety tips, statistics,etc...) with a sprinkling of personal interaction between posters the longer that a case without conclusion occurs. If there is no public movement in the next few weeks, sadly the Mollie threads will not remain at the top of the missing forum and other names and tragedies will replace it. There will be those who do stay and post daily, and a certain atmosphere and familiarity will come with time as those posters will keep the thread as active as they can. It happens often in cases without updates that posters start to show their grouchy sides. It is hard to discuss anything new when so much has been talked about already for numerous threads. You all came here for Mollie, which is great, but from a long time poster, imo, y'all are getting close to the grouchy, grumbly, and gripey stage with each other. Inhale, exhale, and enjoy the company who share the same heart and concern for Mollie. That's all. Moo (or mooooooooo, depending on who is reading ;) )

The only reason why a perp wouldn't throw it out on the street, immediately after the abduction or leave it for LE to find would be, her last communication/text/call/messages were to/from the perp and it would need to be destroyed by the perp to eliminate this evidence. So known person vs. stranger is more likely if there is no phone found.

If that doesn't make sense to you.. another example, think about ppl who overdose on drugs, typically their last communications on their phone before they die was to/from their dealer setting up the transaction and meeting place. They take the lethal dose immediately after the transaction and who was the last to see/hear from them? The drug dealer.
Physically destroying the phone wouldn't destroy all of its electronic evidence. Recent calls/messages also could be obtained through the service provider, and other info could be gleaned from social media companies and apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone