Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a previous discussion, it was proposed that the info may have been shared by local LE (intentionally or not) before the FBI became involved. Small town, LE knows residents well, maybe hard to not share?

I'm not sure what to think. I initially considered it was an intentional leak and that the information may or may not be true. MOO.

In a close-knit, small community, local LE may be more "chatty" with residents re: suspicious activities, crimes, etc. That is not a criticism, just an observation. I can understand how that could happen in a town where "everybody knows everybody." I also think it's possible that local LE is not privy to all the evidence/case info that the FBI, etc., have gathered, for exactly that reason. JMO.

Are you saying you think she left on her own accord?

No, we don't know if there was a crime.
The FBI profiler believes that Mollie accepted a ride with someone she knows.

I really shouldn't even wade into this but this is a thread about Mollie Tibbits being missing...not a general thread about abduction awareness or therapy for those who have had similar experiences. Unless its directly relevant to the disappearance of Mollie, I would personally rather have those sentiments kept in another forum. There is enough rumor, theory, repetitiveness etc. to cut through on a thread like this without having to navigate through OT things. JMO.
Sorry, it's completely OT. You can go right to the "no discussion" boards if you are just looking for updates, can't you? As a female, it's irksome that she could not go out of her home for healthful reasons without possibly some creeper accosting her. It's one of the theories, and every single woman faces the possibility every minute of every day whether they are aware of it or not. If that's uncomfortable to you, it should be. But not because you're irritated just hearing it, but because you hope it changes, this woman comes home safely, and no one else has to miss their child because of this world's flaws.

Bravo, I agree about an intuition of finding her in the cornfields. In my opinion, unfortunately deceased. Maybe it's because I used to live in Illinois and recall this situation:

1985 Cold Case: Barbara Bremer

The other possibility that nags at me is the co-op building next door to the BF's house. Someone could have watched her frequently from that building....maybe even from their desk or truck and decided to approach her and the situation went bad.

I think around October when the farmers begin harvesting their crops that she will be found. I pray that I'm wrong.
That was my first thought. Maybe the dogs ran to the co-op to “greet” someone or someone mistakenly pulled in the driveway to the house instead of the co-op

I have been following this case since the beginning, and I just have this feeling she never made it home from the jog. If she only ran 15 minutes and usually ran longer I feel someone she knew either grabbed her or she got into a car because she felt no fear of the person.
The fact that her Fitbit and her phone and phone armband are not found makes me lean that way too. It's not something that you keep on your arm after a run because it's sweaty and you want to remove it.
I followed the AJ Hadsell case and what made me wonder is this finding of the red shirt by the side of the road. It made me think of WH when he just magically was driving by and there were AJ's clothes on the road. I immediately suspected a local or someone she knew that might have planted evidence. Of course it's not confirmed its her shirt yet.
If I were the locals I woul carefully look at all the people I know and see if there habits have changed. Did they always come home at a certain time and now it's much later. Could they be checking on MT if they have her somewhere. Just thoughts, I'm probably way off base, but you never know. I pray she comes home soon, I feel so bad for her friends and family. My daughter lived 2 years near Des Moines. It's a nice place.

Thanks for "wading in," bec/ it reminds me that I could just as easily have personally replied to Margarita rather than clutter this thread with my data links, etc. Point well taken.

Nah, that poster has the option of scrolling & rolling. Not directing others as to what should or should not be posted ;)

No. I think it’s very, very unlikely. But at this point who knows. We have no idea what LE knows. And after this amount of time passing it might be the only scenario in which she is still alive. A last hope.
Then a crime has been committed. Unless you feel she's left on her own accord, then she's been abducted and that's a crime.

If the FBI is speculating that Mollie left with someone she was familiar with, I wonder if it was someone close to her circle of friends or possibly family members? Are any of the alibis accounted for the boyfriend, friends, or family members?

Unfortunately LE appears to have no credible leads as to what occurred ....3 weeks and nothing..his is a shame! That Mr Tibbetts is at the county fair attempting to obtain information regarding his "Mollie" clearly indicates LE does not have a 'clue' as to what happened to/with Mollie. The family is being very patient with LE because they do not want to step on the toes of LE or offend LE since LE is their life-line of hope to finding Mollie. But they should use some of the $330k+ reward monies to hire a private investigative firm.....the investigation needs new ideas and new eyes.
I disagree, just because RT is out handing out flyers and giving interviews doesn't mean LE is not busy on this case pursuing viable leads. LE does NOT usually share much info with the family for many reasons, one being they don't want to get their hopes up and another out of fear of it being repeated, especially in a small town. If it is a local he would more then likely get wind of it and know exactly where the investigation is at. RT is probably out there for the very reason I would be. It is tough to sit home and endlessly wait for this case to come to a conclusion. These people are living in limbo right now. RT isn't even living at home he lives in CA so he has a job, family and his life he is now away from. Being active gives him something positive to do while authorities attempt to solve this case. I hope it is soon because I would hate to have him have to leave to go home and this is still unsettled. More then likely that will come soon because most people can't afford to take 3+ weeks off and many employers wouldn't be happy even under the circumstances, if they were left having to find a temporary fill in for RT.

Bravo, I agree about an intuition of finding her in the cornfields. In my opinion, unfortunately deceased. Maybe it's because I used to live in Illinois and recall this situation:

1985 Cold Case: Barbara Bremer

The other possibility that nags at me is the co-op building next door to the BF's house. Someone could have watched her frequently from that building....maybe even from their desk or truck and decided to approach her and the situation went bad.

I think around October when the farmers begin harvesting their crops that she will be found. I pray that I'm wrong.
We haven't learned much about the co-op during this process unfortunately. It is a small organization (per their website) with fewer than 20 employees. I wonder about outside contractors that might be called in off hours to help or people dropping off payments into the dropbox 24/7? The coop is right on the doorstep of MT BF house. I don't recall whether there are windmills in the area as well. These are typically maintained by outside contractors as well. I don't recall seeing any windmills when I looked at one of the google earth scans that someone had posted.

My fitbit doesn't turn on/off, it only runs out of battery.
So for it to turn off it would have to run out of battery or be destroyed? Or just away from the phone without having built in gps. The ones that we have turn off. Different than hers though.

Last edited:
Omg... I really want to swing by the state fair tonight anyway! Faster Pussycat is on the stage at 8pm if anyone wants to get together after the show to discuss!
Sharon, are you still doing your " walk around" today? Sorry if you already discussed it I am desperately trying to catch up. I really wanted to know your findings!

No, we don't know if there was a crime.
The FBI profiler believes that Mollie accepted a ride with someone she knows.
So you believe Mollie accept a ride, according to an FBI profiler, and is able to leave as she wishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone