Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
checking in..

just one thing kinda nags at me and that is the post about her belonging in Brooklyn NYC and not Brooklyn IA,

sounds like something that could have been said to her.

to lure her..it just bugs me I can't fully explain. MOO

Has anyone seen a picture of the brother’s soon to be wife? I would be interested if their aree physical similarities. At this point anything is possible and mistaken identity by either a jealous ex or a hired hand, is just as valid as the next theory.
They don't look anything alike, imo, and are several years different in age. There's one photo of them together that appears to be recent so you can easily see the contrast in size, shape, weight, hair color, hair style, face, and other factors. I doubt anyone would even mistake them for sisters, but just two women (or a woman and a girl, because MT could pass for under-18) who are unrelated, different-aged friends.

Unfortunately, the most likely motive is a sexual one, and if history is any indication, Mollie has been dead for weeks. It’s possible that her abductor is still holding her (Todd Kohlepp), but that’s really unlikely. Even then, releasing her for reward money is far fetched because it means what will very likely be a life sentence, as a result.
Totally agree. The Todd K. thing really is rare. I know it’s happened a few times, but very rare.

Has anyone seen a picture of the brother’s soon to be wife? I would be interested if their aree physical similarities. At this point anything is possible and mistaken identity by either a jealous ex or a hired hand, is just as valid as the next theory.
I suggest you search the media link as photos have been published. Sleuthing family, fiance here violates TOS. TIA.

I don't get it. If investigators could reveal that information to DC, why couldn't they reveal it to the public in their PC?

It has been surmised many times that local LE may have been the one to speak to MC and perhaps they knew each other or LE was baiting him.

At this point do we even know if a crime has been committed?
Not really, but it's difficult to believe Mollie would have left certain items like her glasses behind. That's why I feel a crime probably was committed.
ETA If someone wanted to change her appearance, they might have wanted to lose the glasses and have her wear contacts instead.

I don’t think the abductor getting reward is a good outcome...even if he releases her. I am sure Le would thoroughly investigate if she appears AND reward is claimed. That means a kidnapper goes free and gets paid??
I hate to say it, but I feel like the reward is pointless at this point. Either the person who took her consideres her invaluable, or she cannot be returned safe. I hate to say it, but our best case scenario is her escaping, or a lead directing LE to the perp.

Im leaning towards forcefully took. Violence happening. The person turned off the phone and fit bit quickly. She wouldn't have given those items up easily. Weapon (threat of use or physical force violence). Or incapacitated. If it was someone she knew that person would be missing also. Someone from her social media accounts or phone records. People in town. Im guessing this is a stranger abduction. The fbi would know who it was already if someone she knew had her. They would have to be gone also.

My fitbit doesn't turn on/off, it only runs out of battery.

Another attempted abduction in Iowa...

STORM LAKE, Iowa - The Storm Lake Police Department is searching for a greenish-blue truck that was involved in an attempted abduction around 12:10 p.m. on Friday.

The truck is an older model, two-door pickup with flared rear-wheel wells.

Police say the vehicle was being driven by a 40 to 60 year old white man wearing a green shirt with short dark hair on the sides and lighter long hair on the top; police say it may be a hair piece. The suspect allegedly tried to order a 14-year-old girl into his truck on Sunrise Park Road.

The victim screamed and ran away without being harmed.

Storm Lake Police Searching For Truck Reported In Attempted Aduction
Uhoh this isn't good. It is 200 miles away but that means nothing. Interesting that it sounds as if he is wearing a hairpiece. The guy who attempted to abduct that girl jogging in I think MI or MO was also wearing a possible disguise. I say this be my own observation not what the report stated. He had a white beard and hair and allegedly weighed 300 lbs. I doubt that weight. A young girl guessing would have a hard time with weight. The size of his arms didn't indicate to me he was 300 lbs

For those that followed the Sheri Papini case, yes it does.

Note!

I'm not comparing that case to what everybody here on the threads thinks about the Sheri Pampini case, ( not in a million years do I think what happened in this case could ever happen in this case) I'm just comparing to what media said.
Sherri Papini was found weighing 85lbs, broken nose, branded, and shackled. While that is horrible, the chances of Mollie being alive and "lucky" enough to be released are very low. But of course as long as remains haven't been found, we must hang on to that shred of hope.

We know there has been lots of activity around the pig farm, and I hope they have gotten around to looking at the mine and Holiday Lake area (sorry, I know I am a broken record).

However this ends, I do believe it will end soon.
Prayers for the family; I know our collective prayers we are surrounding them with does help.

For those that followed the Sheri Papini case, yes it does.

Note!

I'm not comparing that case to what everybody here on the threads thinks about the Sheri Pampini case, ( not in a million years do I think what happened in this case could ever happen in this case) I'm just comparing to what media said.

You might be the only one that thinks that.

I thought she was the one who said it, was it someone else that said it to her? Confused.
I totally hear ya! All good here...I actually really agree with you as well, as I was just complaining yesterday at my own work about “unnonqualified individuals trying to tell the pros how to do their jobs” lol, not that you said that, but ykwim. I appreciate your post! Also re: clarity, there have been many typos on my part as I run out of editing time bc things are moving so quickly in these threads, so I apologize as some things might be as eloquently as clearly stated as I’d like for them to be.
You stated them just fine. There are just so many posts, so much information and it gets very confusing, (at least in my mind)I honestly don't know how anybody can keep up! And meanwhile you dont want to miss the most current posts and information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone