Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am envisioning whoever has her releases her, and puts in a tip to claim the reward money. If that money is rewarded anonymously we won't know who it was. And, Mollie could claim to need her privacy (completely understood) and no one will ever know what happened...is that even remotely a possibility? I am hoping it makes sense...
Unfortunately, the most likely motive is a sexual one, and if history is any indication, Mollie has been dead for weeks. It’s possible that her abductor is still holding her (Todd Kohlepp), but that’s really unlikely. Even then, releasing her for reward money is far fetched because it means what will very likely be a life sentence, as a result.

OT
Faster Pussycat?!?! No way! Brings me back to my aqua net big hair days.

HA!!! Don't even go there hahahhahahahaahaha When I show my DIL who is a hairdresser pics of my son when he was little she always cracks up and says SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET when she sees my hair! I could make my bangs stand up I'll tell you :)

Too me it makes a difference between she made it back safe vs she didn’t. If the sighting on Des Moines was after 8pm I can assume she was heading towards her moms. The map provided said the sighting on Pershing was at 7:30 which would make 730 towards the funeral home Pershing was the first street she ran on, not Des Moines.

My point is, we don't have accurate information on time because theyre all estimates...so its not useful to draw temporal conclusions on the route

Investigators can say anything to get to the truth. If this story is true and the investigators were truthful, it's possible she made it home but was NOT alone. She never got to the point of showering and changing her clothes or if she did, those clothes with her digital gear was removed. To me this doesn't change the who, only the minor details of the where.

FWIW, I do believe LW told him that. But as you said, "If this story is true..." Based on a scenario where it is believed to be true, I lean toward her being lured outside very shortly after arriving home.

Crimestoppe
JMO
This is the highest reward amount I have seen in any case. Its gotten to the point it would be like hitting the lottery if someone was to claim it.

Kind of like crimestoppers but it would have to be even better. Have some kind of system that would guarantee a person total anonymous and be able to still collect money. I dont think anyone has really come up with something that a shady individual would ever feel comfortable that they could get money and not be identified. If that was ever invented I think rewards would have more success.
Crimestoppers has said that tips via phone and online are anonymous. Check out their website, they are quite proud of their system and believes it gives a certain type of tipper the incentive needed to 'do the right thing' that for whatever reason might be hard or dangerous for the tipper to do.

Could it be that MT wasn't the intended victim, and that it was her soon to be sister-in-law who was the intended target? She was the homeowner and was about to be married. Perhaps it was a case of mistaken identity? Maybe a jealous woman who assumed the woman at the house was who she was looking for, not realizing she was away that night and another woman was staying there.
Years ago when I had recently purchased my first house, my car windshield was smashed overnight by someone who thought the previous homeowner was fooling around with his wife and was still living there.

Just another possible idea, with absolutely no evidence. I haven't seen this mentioned.
Perhaps Mollie was targeted because someone had an interest in Dalton? I'm sure LE would be looking at all of those closest to Mollie with the most intense scrutiny.
JMO

If she had someone (a male perhaps?) go to the house to beat her up/kidnap her/? before the wedding, things could have gone wrong.
I'm just trying to throw out an alternate theory.

If there was ANYONE in the house in the past 30 days their DNA/finger/footprints would be traced in the house by LE.. the only way to avoid this would be, they would have had to float, like a ghost, in and out of the house and not touch a single thing, not even the floor, wall, door knob etc. including the driveway. So this didn't happen.

Mollie was dropped off after work at 5:30. She sent Dalton two messages that evening, the first being a text message sent at 7pm. We know she had homework to do that night and was going to make a dessert to take to work the next day.

Her mom said she and Mollie had exchanged several text messages that afternoon. “She had sent me a shopping list for a dessert she wanted to make and take to work. I texted her that I got the ingredients and asked if she was coming home for dinner”. Mollie said she would be home and asked what they were having. “Brats,” she replied. “OK”.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/public-safety/mollie-tibbetts-missing-brooklyn-poweshiek-county-police-investigating-disappearance-20180723

Mollie’s mom said, “Yes, we were texting that night until approximately 7:30. She told me she was coming home for dinner but she was going on a run first”.

https://whotv.com/2018/08/07/13raw-tibbetts-family-keeping-hope-alive-that-mollie-will-come-home-safe/

My thoughts:

Mollie would have let the dogs go outside to potty as soon as she arrived home after work. As she had to make the dessert that night, she started her online homework in the 2 hour interval before going jogging and planned to make the dessert when she returned later. She sent her usual nightly Snapchat selfie to Dalton before she left. At approx. 7:30 she put the dogs back into the basement and left for her mom’s to have dinner, collect the dessert ingredients and drive home.

She was seen by a neighbour circa 7:30, was later seen on the streets of Brooklyn and at the funeral home and disappeared shortly afterwards.

It’s possible she accepted a lift from a friend/acquaintance but unlikely as she had already completed a good portion of her run and was en route to her mom’s.

We don’t know where she was when she sent Dalton the Snapchat selfie but it’s fair to assume she would have been smiling. While we don’t know when it was sent, Dalton said he opened it at 10:00 and thought it was in a house. Had she been coerced/forced into a car and taken to a house against her will, she would hardly have sent the selfie from that location.

I think it’s highly likely that whoever abducted her drove past the pig farm until she was taken to a residence. She was still in possession of her Fitbit and phone at that point, hence the searches in that area including repeated visits to WC but to date he hasn’t been named as a POI. The FBI asked her mom if Mollie was in a house at 9:45. I believe they asked this because there was no sign of forced entry of the home where she’d been staying and things looked undisturbed. The FBI would not have had her Fitbit data the day after she disappeared.

So far there have been no witnesses that we’re aware of who have come forward saying they saw her leaving Brooklyn en route to the house where she was staying.

The dessert was for Friday, not Thursday.

Unfortunately LE appears to have no credible leads as to what occurred ....3 weeks and nothing..his is a shame! That Mr Tibbetts is at the county fair attempting to obtain information regarding his "Mollie" clearly indicates LE does not have a 'clue' as to what happened to/with Mollie. The family is being very patient with LE because they do not want to step on the toes of LE or offend LE since LE is their life-line of hope to finding Mollie. But they should use some of the $330k+ reward monies to hire a private investigative firm.....the investigation needs new ideas and new eyes.
It’s very possible that if LE does have a credible lead, that the family doesn’t know about it. Especially, with the “small town” leak issues that could occur, or more importantly, to not get their hopes up, in case it doesn’t pan out. My take on dad being at the fair, is desperation and trying to help anyway that he can. If it were my kid, I would be shouting in the streets, if I felt like it might help.

I completely agree. Everyone I talk to around here thinks that though. I don't live too far away and I80 is one of the most used interstates for sex trafficing.
Sex trafficking is a go to fear anytime a teen or young woman goes missing as a result of it being a buzzword/topic over the last several years. But, rarely is actually the end result in missing person cases. Victims of trafficking are sought out due to vulnerability. Traffickers don't want women/girls that will be missed. They use power and control (just a form of domestic violence) to groom victims and get them to go with them willingly. The actual profile of these women are nothing like what we know of Mollie. There is an area on WS devoted to Human trafficking and encouraged to keep most discussion about it there as it tends to come up in most cases here and derails the thread. HTH and welcome! MOO.

Last edited:
If there was ANYONE in the house in the past 30 days their DNA/finger/footprints would be traced in the house by LE.. the only way to avoid this would be, they would have had to float, like a ghost, in and out of the house and not touch a single thing, not even the floor, wall, door knob etc. including the driveway. So this didn't happen.
It could have happened if nobody except Mollie was in the house. It could have happened outside.

Im leaning towards forcefully took. Violence happening. The person turned off the phone and fit bit quickly. She wouldn't have given those items up easily. Weapon (threat of use or physical force violence). Or incapacitated. If it was someone she knew that person would be missing also. Someone from her social media accounts or phone records. People in town. Im guessing this is a stranger abduction. The fbi would know who it was already if someone she knew had her. They would have to be gone also.

I am envisioning whoever has her releases her, and puts in a tip to claim the reward money. If that money is rewarded anonymously we won't know who it was. And, Mollie could claim to need her privacy (completely understood) and no one will ever know what happened...is that even remotely a possibility? I am hoping it makes sense...

For those that followed the Sheri Papini case, yes it does.

Note!

I'm not comparing that case to what everybody here on the threads thinks about the Sheri Pampini case, ( not in a million years do I think what happened in this case could ever happen in this case) I'm just comparing to what media said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone