Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was a revenge abduction done by someone who was upset with something that might have been said or done that caused a bad situation in someone's life. Since someone else was "taken" from them, they might want to get even by "taking" someone from the person or people they feel are responsible. Hopefully it was only to "teach them a lesson" and she will be recovered unharmed.
This might explain some people feeling hopeful.

Doesn’t the Dad coming out with his own theories damage the case anyway? Might as well be on the same page and just tight lipped.
Are we sure the Dad's theories aren't scripted by LE? I know I would ask LE exactly how to word anything I said to the public if it could remotely increase a recovery-chance...

LE wouldn’t confirm the neighbors comments that he had been told she got back home safe and was doing homework late into the evening. I don’t believe there has been any statements by LE on the record to that effect. However, in addition to the neighbor, I believe her mother, boyfriend or brothers also mentioned something like that....and to flip it yet again, Mollys mom has subsequently said she doesn’t believe she returned home after her jog. So, who knows?

I don’t know if this has been confirmed by LE anyone?

Theory doesn't fly anyway....since the laptop (computer) was at the house, right?
If you mean laptop versus desktop, I don't think that's been determined.

I was watching the interview of MT's mom, dad and boyfriend and what the mom said about the reward was a little odd to me she said something like the reward is for any tip/ information for the safe return of MT. I felt like the parents were trying to tell the abductors/tipsters the condition to claim the reward is MT has to be returned safely. Is it possible they are taking this as a kidnapped for ransom case? MOO
13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe

kind of like a reverse ransom offering, not sure that is the right wording but, I don't know how to put it, like a look we will buy her back, not that I am saying who ever took her....I don't know how to word it, I am not implying she was taken for trafficking etc, just that as a parent you would be happy to give everything you had to just have your child back. I would be happy to pay and walk away with my child and if LE got them fine and if they didn't fine, let that be LE problem to decide and deal with.

Thanks for "wading in," bec/ it reminds me that I could just as easily have personally replied to Margarita rather than clutter this thread with my data links, etc. Point well taken.
Yes, thank you! There were quite a few of those " personal stories" in a cluster together and taking them to a private conversation is a great idea! Type away!

Maybe it is a revenge abduction done by someone who was upset with something that might have been said or done that caused a bad situation in someone's life. Since someone else was "taken" from them, they might want to get even by "taking" someone from the person or people they feel are responsible. Hopefully it was only to "teach them a lesson" and she will be recovered unharmed.

Ok spill the beans what you know. Lol :rolleyes:

This case really has my suspicions and antenna up! The area I live in is not rural but far from city. Houses are spread out. I live across from a Mushroom Farm in the Mushroom Capital of the US. OT but fun fact. Any way, just ran out for pizza. Coming home I came upon a stopped car where a lady with a few grocery bags was talking to the driver from the passenger side of a car. Then she got in and the car drove off. I took a picture of the license plate. That is just a bit crazy.

kind of like a reverse ransom offering, not sure that is the right wording but, I don't know how to put it, like a look we will buy her back, not that I am saying who ever took her....I don't know how to word it, I am not implying she was taken for trafficking etc, just that as a parent you would be happy to give everything you had to just have your child back. I would be happy to pay and walk away with my child and if LE got them fine and if they didn't fine, let that be LE problem to decide and deal with.
Fits my theory above.

But again, why did she leave so much behind (ID/wallet/contacts, apparently, unless she had another pair) and only keep things that one would carry while running?

Assuming it was correct that she was working on homework until later that evening and the picture texted was inside the house, the dogs were locked up which was unusual as they slept in their bed & they had been apparently fed and given water, I surmise there was an interruption in the morning while getting ready for work. Someone perhaps that knew she needed a ride came to the door? She left things she would have taken with her for the day like you mentioned, but the jogging clothes are a mystery to me. The arm band for my phone, I would totally have for this trip with kids...to have hands free. I wonder if perhaps she planned to jog to her Mom's that morning to get the car & if someone showed up, when she wasn't ready to leave. IMO it's impossible to get all the puzzle pieces to fit into any one scenario.

1. As her family said, MT would have fought hard, if, she was able. Somehow, she was overcome/restrained and placed in some part of the vehicle (front seat, back seat, etc.)

Remember the Biography Channel (iirc) show "I Survived". I seem to recall that participants in that show (who had all survived real world trauma/crime) their initial reaction to being confronted by a perp with a gun/knife/stun gun/whatever was disbelief and to freeze & comply----even the ones who eventually fought/got away.

Impossible to know what any of us would do if someone surprised us with something like that--especially if the person pulling the gun on us is someone we previously trusted.

2. Question: Could tracking dogs actually sniff inside a vehicle, more than a week AFTER that car had transported someone and still be able to detect a scent from the victim?

Depends on the scent and how prevalent it is/was in the vehicle. Cadaver? Yes. Weeks or even months later. Mollie just riding in the passenger seat? Possibly. Be helpful if some scent-rich item of Mollie's were still inside the vehicle for the dogs to key on...a sock would be best.

3. Question: What if the perp cleaned the vehicle with strong chemicals, …. would any scent still be detected?

if the scent were cadaver and it baked into the carpet / interior a bit (like in Casey Anthony's car), the covering scent might eventually dissipate enough for dogs to signal on the underlying smell. if it were a fresh bleach job, the ammonia from the bleach would likely burn the dogs nostrils and impede their detection of anything else.

My concern in the Search-protocol is that LE doesn't end up being able to search a perp’s TOTAL VEHICLE collection.

Maybe, .......the perp has another vehicle LE doesn’t know about, or …… s/he BORROWED another family member’s vehicle to transport MT at some point.

For our LE experts on WS, what is the car-searching protocol, when executing a search warrant of someone’s property?

In the Danielle Stislicki case, LE rolled up to the POI's property with a number of flatbed tow trucks and took away every vehicle on/associated with the property--regardless if it was registered to the POI.

Maybe it was a revenge abduction done by someone who was upset with something that might have been said or done that caused a bad situation in someone's life. Since someone else was "taken" from them, they might want to get even by "taking" someone from the person or people they feel are responsible. Hopefully it was only to "teach them a lesson" and she will be recovered unharmed.

Interesting.

This case really has my suspicions and antenna up! The area I live in is not rural but far from city. Houses are spread out. I live across from a Mushroom Farm in the Mushroom Capital of the US. OT but fun fact. Any way, just ran out for pizza. Coming home I came upon a stopped car where a lady with a few grocery bags was talking to the driver from the passenger side of a car. Then she got in and the car drove off. I took a picture of the license plate. That is just a bit crazy.

I can relate.....this morning I saw the kid a few houses over talking to a man in a car that I've never seen here before. Live in a cul de sac. I took note and watched.....in case...

I think the fact that the dogs were apparently in the basement (where they typically put them when they are going out), points to her having left the house of her own volition. So she was either out running and didn’t make it back, or she made it back from the run and then left again, although the running clothes and shoes being missing points to the former.
I also think that the wallet and glasses being left at the house implies her intent to return that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!