Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my heart of hearts I believe it was an abduction/kidnapping/ by a stranger or maybe not a stranger but never the less an abduction/kidnapping whatever you want to call it but Mollie was taken against her will or if she tried to help someone and God forbid got in the perps car willingly only to never be allowed to leave. I believe she was murdered the same night she was taken. Only perp and Mollie involved and that’s why that reward keeps growing and will continue growing.

I always try and put myself in the parents position in these cases. I know I’d be at LE headquarters every single morning asking for info. I’d be pleading with them for details because “that’s my kid missing!”. It’s hard to think LE would’nt work with the parents on info unless they thought a family member was involved. We are all
Humans.

I don't believe MT knows her abductor. but he knows her. I believe the perp is a drive-through, not immediately local, maybe lives within 100 miles who's been through Brooklyn, IA on various occasions casing the area for potential victims.

One recent-reported eyewitness claims to have seen MT run by and 'up the hill' three or four times/week. I'm betting, so has the perp. The perp's job might bring him to Brooklyn, IA only on a semi-regular or rare basis but it would not be the only town he's been to. Finding similar disappearances in other towns within 200 mile VENN diagram circles might pinpoint his point of origin.

And, the typical disclaimer: MOO (to stave off 'professionals' and 'insiders' from throwing fits on my seemingly-adamant writings).

Thank you for your thoughts, ChuckMaureen. Sounds smart to do

Reminds me of Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte, both joggers. Karina's murderer was found because a great detective remembered a guy who'd caught his eye loitering way before and had called it in. Vanessa's was an package delivery driver who an alert patrolman matched with a sketch based on forensic evidence. After he was caught, a lady at the post office remembered how he had scoffed at and belittled women.

Last edited:
Thread discussions tend to move towards more general discussion of semi related topics (abduction, safety tips, statistics,etc...) with a sprinkling of personal interaction between posters the longer that a case without conclusion occurs. If there is no public movement in the next few weeks, sadly the Mollie threads will not remain at the top of the missing forum and other names and tragedies will replace it. There will be those who do stay and post daily, and a certain atmosphere and familiarity will come with time as those posters will keep the thread as active as they can. It happens often in cases without updates that posters start to show their grouchy sides. It is hard to discuss anything new when so much has been talked about already for numerous threads. You all came here for Mollie, which is great, but from a long time poster, imo, y'all are getting close to the grouchy, grumbly, and gripey stage with each other. Inhale, exhale, and enjoy the company who share the same heart and concern for Mollie. That's all. Moo (or mooooooooo, depending on who is reading ;) )

Thanks for your "seasoned insights", Kai! :)
I actually think the tone and atmosphere of this thread has stayed remarkably positive, encouraging and respectful throughout the life of the case to date. I appreciate the variance of opinions, insights, theories, knowledge, and individual expertise that is being offered here on MT's forum. We all want Mollie to be found, and human nature being what it is, there may be an increased tendency to be snippy and snarky the longer she remains missing, but I'm very optimistic that as a group, we'll collectively stay alert to that risk. This is an awesome group! J.M.O.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always try and put myself in the parents position in these cases. I know I’d be at LE headquarters every single morning asking for info. I’d be pleading with them for details because “that’s my kid missing!”. It’s hard to think LE would’nt work with the parents on info unless they thought a family member was involved. We are all
Humans.
They can’t, even if they don’t think anyone in the family is involved. They can only be vague, as any information given to them could be repeated to someone else and end up damaging the case.

They can’t, even if they don’t think anyone in the family is involved. They can only be vague, as any information given to them could be repeated to someone else and end up damaging the case.

Doesn’t the Dad coming out with his own theories damage the case anyway? Might as well be on the same page and just tight lipped.

If Mollie was voluntarily missing, as in took off, why even bother doing her homework? Missing of her own accord is not an option for me.

Likely she did have a laptop, and it's true she could use it anywhere, but for me it doesn't change things unless she was lured on a ruse to do homework elsewhere, and then kept from returning home.
I don’t know if this has been confirmed by LE anyone?

If the family got a ransom request, they would have paid it, not even telling L.e possibly, imo. Ransom kidnappings do not happen in the US...how would it be paid without being traced? Not sure it can even be done anymore. That seems as likely as sex trafficking to me, i,e not at all. Nor do I believe Dad was taking any advice from L.e when he spoke out...he speaks from his heart, what he wished and needs to be true. Jmo

Yup. Agreed. I'm so heartbroken for him. It must feel doubly horrible that he just had her with him but that he doesn't live in the same state - that he couldn't protect her, even though he being in Iowa wouldn't have been likely to protect her anyhow. But there's guilt involved for parents who don't live close to their kids.

These poor people. It's beyond comprehension, the hell they're in.

Don’t forget though that the phone’s Bluetooth has to be on for the Fitbit to sync. I often turn mine off to save battery when I’m out and about. Especially since I know it will still sync if I turn it back on later.

But if her Bluetooth was off and it never synced after she went out, it will lose that data after a certain amount of time.
There is also the matter of her Fitbit app settings. I have the Fitbit Alta. She would have to have the settings on “All-Day Sync” for it to continuously sync. That eats up your phone battery which is why mine is turned off and I have to sync it manually by opening the app or forcing it to refresh when the app is open.

Attachments

• 454B47DD-462A-4517-88AE-F0CC02ECC69C.jpeg
    454B47DD-462A-4517-88AE-F0CC02ECC69C.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 5
Don’t forget though that the phone’s Bluetooth has to be on for the Fitbit to sync. I often turn mine off to save battery when I’m out and about. Especially since I know it will still sync if I turn it back on later.

But if her Bluetooth was off and it never synced after she went out, it will lose that data after a certain amount of time.
Do any of the fitbits have built in GPS chip or do the location services need to be paired with iPhone in order to track the location using the phones GPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member