Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to keep in mind w/r/t the ability of people to communicate using their handheld devices and not have it appear on any social media site or call or text log:

10 WhatsApp Alternatives For Your Smartphone - Hongkiat

Anyone with an android or iPhone can download these communication apps from their app stores and exchange text/voice/video communications with another user of the same app/service.

I particularly like LINE. LINE and other similar apps simply consume raw data on the phone. The only data trail is the app itself---which can be uninstalled in under a minute by dragging it to the trash cash. And then reinstalled at-will as well, usually restoring all your contacts for that app. A good way to keep prying eyes from knowing/figuring out everyone with whom you communicate via your device.

Some of the apps, like LINE, map internally at LINE to your phone number; others require at least an email address usually.

So MT's family might be able to submit her phone number and email(s) to these app providers and see if she ever downloaded their app/created an account etc. Not sure how many of them log conversations, but they do have to keep track of your "friends" list. So it'd at least be a way to maybe see if MT was communicating "off the grid" a bit with someone from university or work or wherever.
Excellent post and important for this case and any other. All very interesting info! I can see why the locals said they wanted FBI involved for help with digital devices. Technology has gotten so advanced that it's hard to keep up. One things for sure though young people, especially college aged kids DO keep up with the latest and would surely either know about it or use it.

cody22 said "My goodness ! The family and Crimestoppers could come into quite a bit of money, if Mollie is not alive when found or stays missing."
This is a complete wrong take on the matter. What gives you this impression?

Good lord, who would rather have money than their family member? Like that would be a comfort? Don't even go there.

Agreed, not to mention, voluntarily left home without her wallet, dressed in her full running gear? Not saying it’s impossible...she very well did make it home, but I, too, am far from convinced that this is what happened.

Agreed. We have very little information about this case, but any theory must be supported by the few facts we do know.

"July 28
Family members tell KCCI new evidence reveals Tibbetts’ was doing homework on her computer late into the evening on July 18, suggesting she returned to the home where her boyfriend, his brother and the brother's fiancee live."
Have they said if the computer was a desktop? If it's a laptop, she could be doing homework from anywhere with wi-fi.

Thank you for your response. That is why I am wondering if it is even possible. The way the reward is being described I am interpreting it as a far-fetched possibility1
I was watching the interview of MT's mom, dad and boyfriend and what the mom said about the reward was a little odd to me she said something like the reward is for any tip/ information for the safe return of MT. I felt like the parents were trying to tell the abductors/tipsters the condition to claim the reward is MT has to be returned safely. Is it possible they are taking this as a kidnapped for ransom case? MOO
13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe

I don't believe MT knows her abductor. but he knows her. I believe the perp is a drive-through, not immediately local, maybe lives within 100 miles who's been through Brooklyn, IA on various occasions casing the area for potential victims.

One recent-reported eyewitness claims to have seen MT run by and 'up the hill' three or four times/week. I'm betting, so has the perp. The perp's job might bring him to Brooklyn, IA only on a semi-regular or rare basis but it would not be the only town he's been to. Finding similar disappearances in other towns within 200 mile VENN diagram circles might pinpoint his point of origin.

And, the typical disclaimer: MOO (to stave off 'professionals' and 'insiders' from throwing fits on my seemingly-adamant writings).

We all do. Frustrating.
I agree

and, There have been MANY MANY amazing analyses in these 20+ threads.

Currently, I am leaning towards the scenario put forth by the astute W-Sleuthers ( crumbcleaner, darmela, etc.) who propose an abduction happening as they outlined on this most recent thread. (..which is really sad to even think about.)

For brevity, I am going to make the following assumption (which might be wrong to do): If there is/was a crime-scene, or partial crime scene, OUTDOORS (initially), it most likely got washed/blown away by the storms on the morning of the 19th.

HERE GOES:

Let’s say the primary (initially-the abduction/kidnapping) crime scene is inside a car. (Even though she might have entered the car voluntarily/willingly; MT soon figured out she was in danger, and tried to leave the situation, but was prevented. Now its an abduction, but started out voluntarily.)

1. As her family said, MT would have fought hard, if, she was able. Somehow, she was overcome/restrained and placed in some part of the vehicle (front seat, back seat, etc.)

2. Question: Could tracking dogs actually sniff inside a vehicle, more than a week AFTER that car had transported someone and still be able to detect a scent from the victim?

3. Question: What if the perp cleaned the vehicle with strong chemicals, …. would any scent still be detected?

4. LE would also have to search EVERY vehicle a POI owned or had access to, (work-related, family-related, ATV, boat-on-trailer, camper, etc. )

5. Question: Does LE test vehicles in a search, as a matter of course, with Luminol too? (Including: front seat, back seats, trunk,.. etc.)

My concern in the Search-protocol is that LE doesn't end up being able to search a perp’s TOTAL VEHICLE collection.

Maybe, .......the perp has another vehicle LE doesn’t know about, or …… s/he BORROWED another family member’s vehicle to transport MT at some point.

For our LE experts on WS, what is the car-searching protocol, when executing a search warrant of someone’s property?

cody22 said "My goodness ! The family and Crimestoppers could come into quite a bit of money, if Mollie is not alive when found or stays missing."

Good lord, who would rather have money than their family member? Like that would be a comfort? Don't even go there.
Read my earlier reply to the Mod, please. I have been informed by another member that the big donors probably set the "alive" terms instead of the usual arrest/conviction terms for rewards. They would get their donations back. There is no doubt in my mind that the family, Donors, LE, and all here hope for Mollie's safe return.

I don't believe MT knows her abductor. but he knows her. I believe the perp is a drive-through, not immediately local, maybe lives within 100 miles who's been through Brooklyn, IA on various occasions casing the area for potential victims.

One recent-reported eyewitness claims to have seen MT run by and 'up the hill' three or four times/week. I'm betting, so has the perp. The perp's job might bring him to Brooklyn, IA only on a semi-regular or rare basis but it would not be the only town he's been to. Finding similar disappearances in other towns within 200 mile VENN diagram circles might pinpoint his point of origin.

And, the typical disclaimer: MOO (to stave off 'professionals' and 'insiders' from throwing fits on my seemingly-adamant writings).
Absolutely plausible. For example, I am familiar with many joggers in and around my neighborhood. I could tell you their age range, sex, routes, and when I typically see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman