Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fits my theory above.
This case goes every direction and is all over the place. I can’t make heads or tails of anything. At this point nothing would surprise me. I’m very frustrated right now. I do hope there is a good outcome and Mollie gets home safely and is able to be maid of honor at the wedding but honestly it’s going on almost a month the longer it goes on the less hopeful I’m feeling. IMHO

The FBI and local LE want more than anything to bring Mollie home to safety. First, because they’re concerned for a fellow human being; Second, because the national spotlight is on them. They must be incredibly motivated. Given the cancelling of the presser and their continued work around the clock. I keep wondering if something big is going down this weekend. Maybe a dramatic middle of the night type of operation. Great if it’s an arrest, even better if it’s a rescue. We’ll see.

Are we sure the Dad's theories aren't scripted by LE? I know I would ask LE exactly how to word anything I said to the public if it could remotely increase a recovery-chance...
Seems to me he's gone out of his way to return to same medium to emphasize "his theory is speculation only," and apologize that his speculations had taken on a life of their own.

I have no idea. I'm stating what the FBI profiler shared.
Is there proof of a crime? If so, LE hasn't shared that information.
Are you the one who said earlier that you think there may have been 2 perpetrators? I would love to hear your reasoning behind that as I think is the first time I heard that theory.

This case really has my suspicions and antenna up! The area I live in is not rural but far from city. Houses are spread out. I live across from a Mushroom Farm in the Mushroom Capital of the US. OT but fun fact. Any way, just ran out for pizza. Coming home I came upon a stopped car where a lady with a few grocery bags was talking to the driver from the passenger side of a car. Then she got in and the car drove off. I took a picture of the license plate. That is just a bit crazy.

I live a couple towns over from the mushroom capital of the US! Your username is deceiving lol

I think the fact that the dogs were apparently in the basement (where they typically put them when they are going out), points to her having left the house of her own volition. So she was either out running and didn’t make it back, or she made it back from the run and then left again, although the running clothes and shoes being missing points to the former.
I also think that the wallet and glasses being left at the house implies her intent to return that night.
Has anyone seen anything on whether it would be unusual for her to put the dogs in the basement just when going out for a run? Was this something they did when they were leaving all day for work type thing, or any time they left for any time at all? Would certainly be telling if the latter...would indicate she did return from the run and was leaving for another reason, yet...without her wallet and glasses and with all of her running gear. Points in all directions unfortunately!

Seems to me he's gone out of his way to return to same medium to emphasize "his theory is speculation only," and apologize that his speculations had taken on a life of their own.
That repetition, seems to me, could be the strategy. In a case with this high a profile, I don't think anyone is talking off the cuff. MOO

I always try and put myself in the parents position in these cases. I know I’d be at LE headquarters every single morning asking for info. I’d be pleading with them for details because “that’s my kid missing!”. It’s hard to think LE would’nt work with the parents on info unless they thought a family member was involved. We are all
Humans.
True, but it’s their job to say no. And emotionally distraught family members are too unpredictable—they could decide to go confront the suspect on their own, search a location they’re zeroing in or tell Aunt Edna something important that she accidentally repeats in a news interview.

I was watching the interview of MT's mom, dad and boyfriend and what the mom said about the reward was a little odd to me she said something like the reward is for any tip/ information for the safe return of MT. I felt like the parents were trying to tell the abductors/tipsters the condition to claim the reward is MT has to be returned safely. Is it possible they are taking this as a kidnapped for ransom case? MOO
13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe
Yes, if you think about it, it is the only thing that is important to them, the only thing worth hoping for, isn't it? (Yes "closure" for what its worth and "answers" might come later, and then justice, but for now, the only thing worth working towards is bringing her home alive, which requires believing that she is alive.)

Why not put every once of effort, every dollar, every minute into bringing her home? Her father said in the PC with CrimeStoppers that since he originally said it, this theory "has kind of taken on a life of its own." But as family members if you have to choose to believe something at this point, why not choose this? If there is a less favorable outcome I guess you have forever to adjust to it, might as well choose and work towards a positive outcome now.

Respectfully disagree. Eventually, enough irrelevant and off topic posts make reading the thread more difficult than “a hundredth of a second” inconvenience. That’s why there are threads, topics, etc in the first place...to keep the discussion focused. I was under the impression that Web Sleuth’s model was a little more “compartmentalized” and it turns out I was just wrong about that...so by all means, carry on![/QUOTE

Has anyone seen anything on whether it would be unusual for her to put the dogs in the basement just when going out for a run? Was this something they did when they were leaving all day for work type thing, or any time they left for any time at all? Would certainly be telling if the latter...would indicate she did return from the run and was leaving for another reason, yet...without her wallet and glasses and with all of her running gear. Points in all directions unfortunately!

This is a good point! If we’re going outside to work for an hour or so, I can leave my dog in the house loose, but if we’re leaving for work or anywhere for an extended period of time he goes in his crate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3