Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish L.e would rule out some scenarios...wishful thinking.
I'm not LE, but for lack of anything else to add, I decided to start a list of the scenarios I've ruled out and why I don't think they're likely/possible.

1. Went missing on the way to Casey's or other store to buy food after doing homework. She would most likely have taken her wallet with her, and probably her glasses (in case you needed to read something there.)

2. Her run took her past WC's place and something happened to her there. Because of the distance he lived from town (10-15 miles?)compared to the length of her usual runs (45 minutes- ~5 miles?), there's no reason to expect her to have run out there that night.

3. Something happened to her at the hands of a member of one of the households she was staying at. LE has cleared all of them.

4. Taken in her sleep that night. She would not be likely to go to bed without a shower after a run, and would be even less likely to put back on the clothes she wore on the run to sleep in after a shower. The dogs would also be likely to be sleeping with her and protect her from anyone trying to abduct her.

5. Taken on her way to work (with other ride) or to get the car to go to work on the 19th. I don't believe she would go to work without her contacts/glasses whether she was driving or riding with someone else. Neither would have kept her from texting or responding to texts from DJ, JT or her friend.

Sorry, I know there are others, but it's getting too late for my mind to be functioning real well. I'm sure other people can come up with other scenarios they've ruled out and their reasons why. MOO

I am sure this falls under the Family and Medical Leave Act we have here in the US. (Known as FMLA) FMLA qualifies people for up to 12 weeks unpaid time off and still holds their job. This may be combined with paid vacation days, sick leave, personal days- all at an employers discretion. Some places also have paid time off banks where employees can donate their unused paid time off for others in crisis to use if needed.

I’d say they can still safely take a few more months off work to search, which is heartbreaking if it takes this long to find her.

I do think Mondays press conference is going to most likely be a big announcement, such as an arrest. MOO they are waiting on a dna test confirmation and may possibly announce an arrest.
One caveat to this though. Their employer must employ a minimum of 50 employees within a 75 mile radius in order to have to offer FMLA. Small businesses do not have to abide by the FMLA rules unless their state has other rules that cover leave for small businesses with less than 50 employees.

I'm not LE, but for lack of anything else to add, I decided to start a list of the scenarios I've ruled out and why I don't think they're likely/possible.

1. Went missing on the way to Casey's or other store to buy food after doing homework. She would most likely have taken her wallet with her, and probably her glasses (in case you needed to read something there.)

2. Her run took her past WC's place and something happened to her there. Because of the distance he lived from town (10-15 miles?)compared to the length of her usual runs (45 minutes- ~5 miles?), there's no reason to expect her to have run out there that night.

3. Something happened to her at the hands of a member of one of the households she was staying at. LE has cleared all of them.

4. Taken in her sleep that night. She would not be likely to go to bed without a shower after a run, and would be even less likely to put back on the clothes she wore on the run to sleep in after a shower. The dogs would also be likely to be sleeping with her and protect her from anyone trying to abduct her.

5. Taken on her way to work (with other ride) or to get the car to go to work on the 19th. I don't believe she would go to work without her contacts/glasses whether she was driving or riding with someone else. Neither would have kept her from texting or responding to texts from DJ, JT or her friend.

Sorry, I know there are others, but it's getting too late for my mind to be functioning real well. I'm sure other people can come up with other scenarios they've ruled out and their reasons why. MOO
Good ideas, I agree that she would definitely not have run past WC's house. But I also believe she would have not even left the house without her glasses or contacts even to go a short distance as her vision was so poor and she couldn't see without them. I really wish we knew if she had them in or not. That would tell us a lot.

It was my imoression that she was approached/asked about being a child missing from several years earlier. Grown up now. But not sure.

Good ideas, I agree that she would definitely not have run past WC's house. But I also believe she would have not even left the house without her glasses or contacts even to go a short distance as her vision was so poor and she couldn't see without them. I really wish we knew if she had them in or not. That would tell us a lot.

Problem is--we don't know how bad her eyesight really was. We don't know if she was farsighted or nearsighted. And--we don't really know if she had an extra pair of glasses, or an extra set of contacts.

RE: the POI from Marshalltown - unknown if related to MT investigation (Marshalltown, Iowa Police seek person of interest | WHO Radio News | WHO Radio)

The strange part about this to me is that they think he lives in Des Moines and visits malls & discount stores in the Des Moines area, yet this is coming from Marshalltown police. Marshalltown is an hour away from Des Moines. (Also about an hour from Brooklyn.)
Has anyone read the book The Collector by John Fowles? It is one of my favorite books that is written enticingly about a shy/disturbed guy, Frederick who kidnaps a beautiful young college student, Miranda. Chloroform was used on Miranda to capture her while she was walking. He keeps her in a cellar that he prepared meticulously, fully stocked with correct size of her clothing, underwears, books, hobby items, etc. He hopes she will fall in love with him.....

Do we have a Frederick in Marshalltown? (if related to MT case) Marshalltown, Iowa Police seek person of interest | WHO Radio News | WHO Radio

One caveat to this though. Their employer must employ a minimum of 50 employees within a 75 mile radius in order to have to offer FMLA. Small businesses do not have to abide by the FMLA rules unless their state has other rules that cover leave for small businesses with less than 50 employees.

Well...any employer can offer a version of their own, regardless of size.

I wonder if LE can at least officially rule out her leaving on purpose...but if no crime scene or evidence, can they say 100% that this could NOT be the case? I understand they don’t believe this to be true, wondering if they are able to completely rule it out, and if so, how.

Also if she went missing on her own then why wouldn't she take with her one of the most important things needed, contacts are hard to get without a written script and why would she put herself in that position?

Right,some were saying that man may have been pretending to be a police officer. I wonder if there actually was a child missing with that description at that time.

And that is the crux of that incident.

^ The Collector, yes. He collected butterflies, and then Miranda who he added to his "collection". There was a movie made as well....Terrance Stamp, Samantha Eggar.

The story has stuck with me....

All speculation but I’m still thinking Mollie got into a car BUT WITH SOMEONE SHE DID NOT KNOW.
I think they are spinning their wheels looking at people she knew/trusted. I believe that analyzing her social media is a complete waste of time bc this is no friend & no previous acquaintance.
The “everyone knew her” thing isn’t flying with this crime.
I think this was strictly a CRIME OF OPPORTUNITY- not a stalker or perp who chose Mollie specifically.
The perp was looking for the first vulnerable victim and sadly Mollie was in the WRONG PLACE at the wrong time.
They pulled up in the early morning in the rain when it started pouring to offer a ride & she mistakenly impulsively got in.
THIS HAPPENS.
She was on the way to her mother’s house to pick up her car, realized she forgot to text brother to drop the car the night before & was awoken by early morning rain so she started walking & it started raining HARD. She likely may not have gotten far at all from her boyfriend’s house..... car/truck pulls up and she gets in.
It’s the EXACT SAME MO of a serial rapist turned murderer now on death row in TX. He pulled up in the pouring rain to a bus stop and a lady who was late for work got in when he offered a ride & she was taken to a vacant building and raped. He did this while out on parole between rape convictions.
I think Mollie’s perp is similar type, con artist UNKNOWN TO HER.
THE FBI NEEDS TO LOOK AT EVERYONE LIVING WITHIN @30 MINUTE RADIUS - maybe larger radius- WHO IS A REPEAT RAPIST OUT ON PAROLE.
Quite possibly a recent parolee- 6 months out max?
Regular car/ truck/van - NOT A TRUCKER.
Are any local renters paroled rapists? Are any electric company employees from next door to the bf’s home paroled rapists?
Anyone with a night shift job who got OFF of work right before dawn in this town or general vicinity? Maybe even a security guard?
Maybe ask all townspeople if they had a visiting friend/ cousin during time of Mollie’s disappearance who is on parole for a sex crime.
Also whoever mentioned state fair workers on this thread- that’s clever- check there for parolees.
Not thinking this had anything to do with the big bike race but maybe another event someone was in the area for?
Still maintaining this happened early morning after Mollie woke up and left bf’s house on foot.
SHE DOESN’T KNOW THE PERP. He drove up and she got into his vehicle when it was pouring rain.
Sadly nobody saw her get into the vehicle bc the visibility in pouring rain isn’t great & even if someone else drove by they had their eyes on the road.
This guy is familiar enough with Brooklyn, Iowa to be driving there in the early morning/ dawn.
Not necessarily a Brooklyn native but a rapist (or worse) who picks up his victims in the rain....
Sorry for the pessimism.
It’s just my feeling about this case and all complete speculation -all IMHO.
Praying I’m wrong but just not feeling she was lucky enough to be ferried away by an adoring stalker who is keeping her tucked away.
She is a sweet,good, special girl but to THIS PERP she is just a girl / the first girl he approached that day who took his bait- nothing special here. No previous personal connection to Mollie.
I’m not getting an Elizabeth Smart “specially picked” vibe from this case. Somehow her dad is & some profiler is but I think that’s not what’s going on here.
This is quite simply an unknown victim to an unknown perp. It’s so very sad & so very frustrating.
Her loved ones are smart and have done everything right after precious Mollie went missing. It’s so amazingly heartbreaking.
Please, please let them find this monster before he strikes again.

All speculation but I’m still thinking Mollie got into a car BUT WITH SOMEONE SHE DID NOT KNOW.
I think they are spinning their wheels looking at people she knew/trusted. I believe that analyzing her social media is a complete waste of time bc this is no friend & no previous acquaintance.
The “everyone knew her” thing isn’t flying with this crime.
I think this was strictly a CRIME OF OPPORTUNITY- not a stalker or perp who chose Mollie specifically.
The perp was looking for the first vulnerable victim and sadly Mollie was in the WRONG PLACE at the wrong time.
They pulled up in the early morning in the rain when it started pouring to offer a ride & she mistakenly impulsively got in.
THIS HAPPENS.
She was on the way to her mother’s house to pick up her car, realized she forgot to text brother to drop the car the night before & was awoken by early morning rain so she started walking & it started raining HARD. She likely may not have gotten far at all from her boyfriend’s house..... car/truck pulls up and she gets in.
It’s the EXACT SAME MO of a serial rapist turned murderer now on death row in TX. He pulled up in the pouring rain to a bus stop and a lady who was late for work got in when he offered a ride & she was taken to a vacant building and raped. He did this while out on parole between rape convictions.
I think Mollie’s perp is similar type, con artist UNKNOWN TO HER.
THE FBI NEEDS TO LOOK AT EVERYONE LIVING WITHIN @30 MINUTE RADIUS - maybe larger radius- WHO IS A REPEAT RAPIST OUT ON PAROLE.
Quite possibly a recent parolee- 6 months out max?
Regular car/ truck/van - NOT A TRUCKER.
Are any local renters paroled rapists? Are any electric company employees from next door to the bf’s home paroled rapists?
Anyone with a night shift job who got OFF of work right before dawn in this town or general vicinity? Maybe even a security guard?
Maybe ask all townspeople if they had a visiting friend/ cousin during time of Mollie’s disappearance who is on parole for a sex crime.
Also whoever mentioned state fair workers on this thread- that’s clever- check there for parolees.
Not thinking this had anything to do with the big bike race but maybe another event someone was in the area for?
Still maintaining this happened early morning after Mollie woke up and left bf’s house on foot.
SHE DOESN’T KNOW THE PERP. He drove up and she got into his vehicle when it was pouring rain.
Sadly nobody saw her get into the vehicle bc the visibility in pouring rain isn’t great & even if someone else drove by they had their eyes on the road.
This guy is familiar enough with Brooklyn, Iowa to be driving there in the early morning/ dawn.
Not necessarily a Brooklyn native but a rapist (or worse) who picks up his victims in the rain....
Sorry for the pessimism.
It’s just my feeling about this case and all complete speculation -all IMHO.
Praying I’m wrong but just not feeling she was lucky enough to be ferried away by an adoring stalker who is keeping her tucked away.
She is a sweet,good, special girl but to THIS PERP she is just a girl / the first girl he approached that day who took his bait- nothing special here. No previous personal connection to Mollie.
I’m not getting an Elizabeth Smart “specially picked” vibe from this case. Somehow her dad is & some profiler is but I think that’s not what’s going on here.
This is quite simply an unknown victim to an unknown perp. It’s so very sad & so very frustrating.
Her loved ones are smart and have done everything right after precious Mollie went missing. It’s so amazingly heartbreaking.
Please, please let them find this monster before he strikes again.
I’m pretty sure it wasn’t raining. Can someone verify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc