Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: You Tube, "New Theory in search for Missing College Mollie Tibbetts /CBS News"

Please scan thru the comments below the video.
<modsnip>

This link works:
New theory in search for missing college student Mollie Tibbetts

From the video, we hear that "if someone came to her door", the absence of a struggle implies that she may have recognized that person. That's not exactly earth-shattering. The interviewee does not allege that anyone is a suspect, or that a co-worker is in any way connected to Mollie's disappearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts
Twitter handle-Motibbs Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter
FB-https://www.facebook.com/mollie.tibbetts
Instagram: Motibbs
Father- RT, married, lives in CA
Mother-LC, divorced from Rob, lives in Brooklyn, IA
Brother- JT
Brother-ST
Boyfriend-DJ
Boyfriend's brother-BJ
Fiance of Blake-AH

Mollie is:
20 years old
student at U of Iowa in Iowa City
brown hair
brown eyes
5'2" 120lbs
wears glasses/contacts
uses fitbit
avid runner
psychology major
intern at childcare daycamp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center
shares car with brother JT
was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in BJ and AH's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by AH
was taking a summer course in Roman Studies

camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store
County Fair was going on in a nearby town
there was a biking event in town

July 16:
BJ and AH leave house and are gone during the entire time.

July 17:
DJ left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
Mollie's first night alone.
House nearby burgalled.
Mollie was staying in AH's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to BJ and AH.

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
JT picked up Mollie and dropped her off at AH's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with DJ on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about ingredients mother was going to purchase for a dessert Mollie was going to make for an after-work celebration on Friday the 20th and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm DJ opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
DJ sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called DJ in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
DJ called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

DC: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

RT: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com) WC took polygraph, no details on questions or on whether he "passed"
Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators issue polygraph test to farmer who refused test at first

NH: stated he saw Mollie running on West Pershing Drive at 7:30pm.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

DR: Stated he saw Mollie running past his home at 9pm (possible typo and in the article, was 8pm on audio) "She was wearing like a neon pink sports bra with black khaki yoga pants and an armband with her music device, or phone ... hair in a ponytail, just jogging like normal, any other day." DR lives on East 2nd Street.
Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' Mollie Tibbetts

General Timeline:
Mollie last seen at 7:30pm 7/18
Mollie seen by DR at 8pm or 9pm 7/18
Brother tried to contact at 7:30am 7/19
that : a 12 hour window. Sometime between 7:30pm on 7/18 and 7:30am 7/19 is when she went missing. Let's see if we can fill in those hours somehow.

If you'd like me to add anything, let me know.

WOW! Mom24
Thanks so much...
Pardon me, marking.

Thanks. When I click on the link, I see that the youtube video is not available and that the comments are disabled. Would you happen to have an MSM link?

Weird. I see the video no problem, and the comments are visible. Try searching for it yourself on YouTube, as in reaching same video via a different means.

<modsnip>

Does someone have the street name of where she was staying???? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
x

I couldn't find anything even expanding the search to the surrounding states. Of course a lot of missing children are only on the news for a few hours before they're updated with a happy ending, but I couldn't even find any news items that might fit.

It seems like a silly enough mistake but in retrospect it makes me wonder if there was a stalker and he made up the story to have an excuse to approach her. Not likely, I know...
I tried to find a missing 10 year old female on this site Missing Persons

It didn’t give me anything that fits that

This is what i think. I dont think she was offered a ride to her moms because its near by but i do think someone asked her to go with them to the store or some sort of emergency that would make her go in the car.

Im just thinking if someone offered me a ride to my moms house and they start going a different direction i would freak out and probably start fighting or asking questions.

Second of all lets say she is still alive thinking she is going to the store and then the driver takes her fitbit and cellphone and throws it out the window. I find it hard to believe someone driving could do that and im sure she would fight back, and they have NOT found the fitbit or cellphone so that means it was just turned off at that area, so now im thinking it could of been more than one for example if she was put on the back of the van and someone is holding her down so no one can see her and the other person driving

Mollie's boss's quotes about her:
"I'm absolutely shocked," said UnityPoint Grinnell Regional Medical Center day camp director Chad Nath.

Nath has worked with Mollie Tibbetts for two summers now. He said the kids there loved having her around.

"They enjoyed being around her," said Nath. "Obviously, they're really missing her because she's like one of their family. When you spend eight hours a day with an individual everyday of the summer you do become pretty attached."

"It's just devastating to know that, in a community like this, someone can just vanish without a trace," said Nath.

Coworker says day camp kids miss Mollie Tibbetts

Day camp staff are typically supplied with two work-issue red shirts bearing the company's logo though they would occasionally ask for a third. Staff weren't required to wear them every day but would always put them on for day trips.

Nath described Mollie, who worked there the previous summer also, as 'happy go lucky' and 'dependable'.
'She has a great sense of humor,' he told DailyMail.com. 'She would make fun of my dad jokes, which was funny because when her dad came in, he said she calls his jokes, Chad jokes.'

Mollie has been described as an intern but the ten-week position was actually paid work.

Red shirt tied to missing Iowa college student, 20, found near previously searched pig farm | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
But the Mom had previously said the exact opposite. Given the opposing statements I am not sure how much reliance to place on this statement.

That’s fair, but for me, her latest sentiments - that she does not believe that Mollie returned to DJ’s - hold the most water. I’m assuming that for her to have come out and said that (especially after her initial statements to the contrary) she would have received some pretty pointed information to that effect at some point. If she had ANY indication that Mollie had returned, I can’t imagine her saying that.

WOW! Mom24
Thanks so much...
Pardon me, marking.
You can blame a wonderful poster who used to needle me every time I posted something with "what's your source" when I first started posting. I got miffed and posted an entire post of details with sources and found it kept me on track and reminded me of the details instead interjecting my impressions on the facts. So to whoever that was, all those years ago, thank them. :)

Hmmmm - I wonder if MT is of a similar nature?
I can only speculate here but I made an observation early on after viewing pictures of MT at all times of the year posted on her SM. Mollie has a noticeable sheen to her skin in the majority of her pictures. It could be as simple as her using moisturizer on her face but I don't think that is what it is only because my son had the same issue. There is a condition called hyperhidrosis which results in excessive sweating which can occur anywhere underarms, feet, hands and face etc. Viewing pictures of MT in the cooler months especially while she is outdoors and still seeing that sheen makes me think she may have it. With my son in his teens it was not as noticeable because he was always playing sports so it made sense that he would sweat. He normally showered twice a day and I took that as being a young good looking guy who wished to always look fresh and ready to go out at a moments notice. Very social guy.

How it was finally diagnosed was when he was deployed to the dessert in temps that reached 120 degrees it became unmanagable and he had to seek medical treatment for it. Looking back at his pics when he was undiagnosed I clearly noticed the sheen on him. I always put that down to young and healthy, supple skin which made him look vibrant LOL

I bring this up only as a possibility for MT as she could be a moisturizer enthusiast that just uses a lot of it. If it is in fact hyperhidrosis I would think she would definitely wish to shower after a run because it would not be a pleasant feeling for her not to. Being a young and pretty female she is probably twice as likely to shower right away just because that is the way we roll.

Last edited:
I'm thinking if her event in HS was X-country (5k distance or 3.1 miles) she would have a 3.1 mile loop. I put together two, one from BF house, and one from Mom's. Then I virtually walked them to make minor mods for isolated stretches, or higher car traffic stretches. I've physically done the same thing for my own kids training loops.

Taking the clock-wise direction, its about 2.1 miles from the first sighting (~7:30pm) to the 2nd Street sighting (~8:00pm). At 8 to 9 minutes/mile (slower HS girl x-country) that would be ~16 to 18 minutes apart and fits the timeline better than the counter-clockwise direction. I think the last sighting is when she's walking and possibly using her phone, with the intention of continuing on to Mom's (~.7 miles).

The dogs having plenty of food and water (and in the basement) at 7:30pm to me seems too late in the evening to be their dinner. What if her intention was to run her loop, continue to Mom's, and stay the night there (not by herself at BF's). The food would then be breakfast the next day, and she could stop by to let them out and continue on to work.

I think the stretch of highway in front of the HS and on to Mom's, sometime after 8:15pm, is where something changed in her plan(?). Was she on the phone (with who) during the cooldown? Could this be the Snap to BF?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-10 Google Maps.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-10 Google Maps.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2018-08-10 Google Maps(1).png
    Screenshot_2018-08-10 Google Maps(1).png
    136.3 KB · Views: 32
t
Thanks. When I click on the link, I see that the youtube video is not available and that the comments are disabled. Would you happen to have an MSM link?

Will this help. I typed the YouTube link across but couldn't find it. I checked another site but it said not available in my country. This one is working in Oz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member