Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. When I click on the link, I see that the youtube video is not available and that the comments are disabled. Would you happen to have an MSM link?

I went to YouTube and searched this exact phrase: "New Theory in search for Missing College Mollie Tibbetts /CBS News" and it was the first video that came up. Then scroll the comments.

Right. But she didn’t make it to her moms house if that was her intent. Point being if her running clothes/shoes are unaccounted for, likely she didn’t make it anywhere after her jog, IMO.

The other thing i’ll Throw out there with regard to routes. When I run, I have 2- 3 different routes, but there are several points along each route that I can add on a few blocks here and there along the route, Depending on how I’m feeling as I run. Say I start my 3 mile route because I’m kinda tired or it’s hot, but a mile into the run I’m cranking the pace and feeling good, I may add a quick loop around a block or two in a few different spots (I run in neighborhoods too), and that will have the effect of lengthening my run by .5/1 mile. I know a lot of runners that do this, and it’s easy to do when you have a device that tracks your real time distance. All of this is to say I think it’s useful to have a general idea of where MT might have ran due to sightings, but IMO think it’s near impossible to know her exact route without a run app (or Fitbit) with the info we currently have.
I totally agree.

And just to be crystal clear, because my original post has been misinterpreted, I did not intend to say that Mollie actually made it to her mom's house that night. What I meant to say was that following her jog, she may have planned to shower, change, eat dinner, and pick up her car at mom's house. If you look at the map, boyfriend's house is west of town; mom's is north. Why would she go to bf's, shower, change and then go to mom's after when she can shower, change, eat, and pick up the car at mom's and not have to backtrack? My point was that she may have planned her jogging route to end at her mom's house.

In the text that she Tweeted out, she said "Then he told me there was a report of a 10 year old child wearing a pink coat and hat." Then it sounds like she surmised it was a missing child. Of course, we don't know what he said verbatim in the moment. But if that's exactly what he said, he never said there was a report of a missing child. So it could have been what another poster said--that someone thought she looked too young to be riding a bus alone, was concerned, and called police.
Yes. Someone may have told campus security that they saw her get off the bus and heading to or going into the library so he went inside to check and found Mollie there.

There were news reports that a red shirt was found. Here is one: FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts
On Thursday, search teams scoured ditches near a pig farm that had been searched nearly a week ago after finding nearby a possible clue to her disappearance -- a red shirt.

However, we don't know if the red shirt belonged to Mollie or if she actually owned a third red shirt. Her mother accounted for two of them. Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
Laura Calderwood told DailyMail.com that she had found two of her daughter’s red work shirts in her bedroom but could not be certain there wasn’t a third somewhere.
Threads were high-jacked over the red t-shirt for days, and the best thing that ever happened here was Mum's interview with local reporter for DM that answered many questions for us. Greater chance red t-shirt from RAGBRAI annual ride that actually peddled through that road /area. Mom also doesn't believe Mollie's evening "homework" forensics (i.e., Mollie did not return to BF) which I've previously explained and need to account for University server digital timestamp calculation and conversion to "real time."

No one heard from Mollie in the morning, she didn't pick up her shared car, and was last seen in jogging attire with earbuds, and her phone. My opinion is that she never returned to her boyfriend's house that night, or she had just arrived.

Also, the dogs were still locked in the basement leans more toward Mollie either had not returned or had just returned.

But without knowing more about Mollie's usual routine/behavior with the dogs, hard to know how quickly she'd let them up from the basement on returning.

I know if I locked my dog in the basement and I wasn't down there too, he'd whine and complain til I either went down there to be with him or let him out.

Possible, esp since these weren't her dogs (?), that Mollie didn't have a close relationship with the dogs. And that she returned from her run, sat down in her jogging clothes to do homework and left them down there still. OR, that she came back from run, let them out and then, as someone suggested last thread, put the dogs in the basement when a visitor arrived.

But, yeah, with the limited information we have, seems Mollie was either on her run or returning from her run when the events transpired.

Thanks. When I click on the link, I see that the youtube video is not available and that the comments are disabled. Would you happen to have an MSM link?
I right clicked and copied the current URL link and inserted it in a new tab. I can see the comments.

Yes. Someone may have told campus security that they saw her get off the bus and heading to or going into the library so he went inside to check and found Mollie there.

This was my understanding of her tweet - not that there was a missing child but that someone had reported a child that looked too young to be out riding the bus alone.

Does anyone think she jogged to her mother's? If she did someone she knew could have stopped to offer her a ride. I hate like everything to say this, but he could have raped and killed her and then gone back to his life with no one knowing this happened, horrifying as that is.

Most kids are missing for a matter of minutes...it may have been one of those situations...resolved before reporting.
I read the tweet as a concerned citizen thought she looked like a little kid and wondered if she was missing from a parent. The concerned person could have asked campus security to check it out or something like that and that would be why there is no record.

Campus bus and campus security doesn't necessarily make the local police report. Are you checking the correct police department? Iowa City? for University of Iowa.
Both, although I couldn’t get the blotter for either to go back far enough. So perhaps something is there

The Grinnell Medical Center employee gave a comment on Mollie's case to the media. He's a Director of Wellness at the GMC and overall supervisor of Mollie's camp, i.e, her boss.

"She was a warm, bubbly, approachable individual that has a great manner about her and was very patient," said Day Camp Director Chad Nath. "That's one of the reasons why she deals with children so well."
Coworkers of Mollie Tibbetts surprised by disappearance

MODS: I think this is ok because it's in the papers? If not, sorry!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member