Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree.

And just to be crystal clear, because my original post has been misinterpreted, I did not intend to say that Mollie actually made it to her mom's house that night. What I meant to say was that following her jog, she may have planned to shower, change, eat dinner, and pick up her car at mom's house. If you look at the map, boyfriend's house is west of town; mom's is north. Why would she go to bf's, shower, change and then go to mom's after when she can shower, change, eat, and pick up the car at mom's and not have to backtrack? My point was that she may have planned her jogging route to end at her mom's house.

I totally agree - especially since I went to Brooklyn last weekend and know the distance between/location of both houses - that makes sense that she might gave planned to shower at her Mother's house.

Do we know what (if the boyfriend remembers) she was wearing when she sent that late night Snapchat to him?

So, in light of that Youtube video, who is to say whether A) she went jogging ALONE, or B) She went jogging AT ALL?

JMO.

Mollie Tibbetts likely went off in car with someone she knew, says FBI ex-profiler

Hi All, I'm fairly new here, and wanted to chime in for a minute. I know this article has been discussed, and has been kind of downplayed. There is a quote from MT dad stating, ""It's total speculation on my part, but I think MT is with someone that she knows, that is in over their head," he said. "That there was some kind of misunderstanding about the nature of their relationship and at this point, they don't know how to get out from under this. MT dad said he believes his daughter and the other person simply "don't know how to resolve this."
He says THEY don't know how to get out from under this, and says he believes his DAUGHTER AND the OTHER person don't know how to resolve this. This makes me think that maybe MT might be involved? Maybe this could have been a misquote from the media. I took out MT and dads name, and put initials instead. Hope I presented this right and didn't break any rules.

Maybe she went for the first run and got in touch with someone that she knew with the camp during that first run. Maybe they told her there was an emergency and she would need her red camp shirt for some reason. So she got back home really quick, left her jogging clothes on and threw that shirt over her jogging clothes. Then she left with that person to go to their house. She also probably logged into Snapchat at their house when she got there really quick to talk to her boyfriend (without them knowing). Not long after that maybe they made an advance at her or something in which she rejected. Which in return they killed her.

I need to say one other thing regarding media reports. They are sometimes incorrect and misleading. For example, a witness saw Mollie at 8, but some news sources said 9. Yesterday, we had "black khaki yoga pants" instead of "black capri yoga pants". So don't believe everything you read.
Two points to amplify with that and "witness" sightings or media reporting of witness statements:

Point 1: There is no photo I have seen on any site or SM with Mollie in capri length running shorts (while there are of her pink sports bra). Anybody see her in capri length anything ever? Witnesses are often bad at details and timing. For most sightings of Mollie during a run, if she ran similar times/routes twice a day, when asked 3 weeks after the event we must question the actual date of the sighting. The witness needs some other non-routine mechanism to link the sighting to a particular time/date for something routine (picked up car from the shop, kid sick and home from school that day, etc.)

Point 2: Some MSM outlets are notorious for telling/embellishing the "story" while sacrificing the details. A significant detail in the media can be flat wrong. Then dozens of other media sources will propagate that error, especially if they are behind the curve in reporting.​

Think of the potential gravity of the first point for a missing person: if that were the last sighting and the clothes were incorrect, the description goes out with "last seen wearing...!" And those were the clothes from the day before. Fortunately I Mollie's case I think we have the mother's description of what she actually owned. If DR got the shorts wrong, what else did he get wrong by mixing memories of multiple days? (Not blaming him, kudos to him for calling it in and trying to help.)

I really am not seeing the “emergency” or “sob story” or “new puppy” bit with a 20-yr old with a busy schedule. I think she was approached from behind while running, did not hear vehicle slowing/stopping and was grabbed, if taken on her run, by an local, possibly known to her in some degree.

I'm thinking if her event in HS was X-country (5k distance or 3.1 miles) she would have a 3.1 mile loop. I put together two, one from BF house, and one from Mom's. Then I virtually walked them to make minor mods for isolated stretches, or higher car traffic stretches. I've physically done the same thing for my own kids training loops.

Taking the clock-wise direction, its about 2.1 miles from the first sighting (~7:30pm) to the 2nd Street sighting (~8:00pm). At 8 to 9 minutes/mile (slower HS girl x-country) that would be ~16 to 18 minutes apart and fits the timeline better than the counter-clockwise direction. I think the last sighting is when she's walking and possibly using her phone, with the intention of continuing on to Mom's (~.7 miles).

The dogs having plenty of food and water (and in the basement) at 7:30pm to me seems too late in the evening to be their dinner. What if her intention was to run her loop, continue to Mom's, and stay the night there (not by herself at BF's). The food would then be breakfast the next day, and she could stop by to let them out and continue on to work.

I think the stretch of highway in front of the HS and on to Mom's, sometime after 8:15pm, is where something changed in her plan(?). Was she on the phone (with who) during the cooldown? Could this be the Snap to BF?

Does it seem realistic that Mollie would jog along a highway where the speed limit is 45 MPH and there's barely any room on the shoulder?

There are other routes for jogging between the house-sit and her mom's house that do not involve running on the narrow shoulder of a highway.

In this photo, her mom's house is the exit at the next right. It seems like it would be dangerous to run on that highway and since there are safer routes, wouldn't Mollie choose a safer route?

Attachments

• Mollie highway.jpg
    Mollie highway.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 42
Does it seem realistic that Mollie would jog along a highway where the speed limit is 45 MPH and there's barely any room on the shoulder?

There are other routes for jogging between the house-sit and her mom's house that do not involve running on the narrow shoulder of a highway.

In this photo, her mom's house is the exit at the next right. It seems like it would be dangerous to run on that highway and since there are safer routes, wouldn't Mollie choose a safer route?
Somebody mentioned (and posted a map) showing a running path she might have taken if headed towards her mom's house that ran by the high school.

Obviously we are not LE, and the same questions keep getting posed but (maybe I missed this):

It seems important to establish when she actually went missing. It is somewhat a different case if she went missing in the evening or in the morning.

Evening: Think of townies, people from the area, even the low possibility of a stranger
Morning: Think of co-workers, and closer acquaintances.

I really don't believe in coincidence... That is just incredibly odd... And, it opens up an entirely different line of thought. Of this person reappeared, it would be a familiar face to MT, and while it would be unexpected, believing that person was with LE, there would be some level of trust...
Oh, wow...

I honestly don't believe that a November 2017 tweet is related to any of this.

Two points to amplify with that and "witness" sightings or media reporting of witness statements:

Point 1: There is no photo I have seen on any site or SM with Mollie in capri length running shorts (while there are of her pink sports bra). Anybody see her in capri length anything ever? Witnesses are often bad at details and timing. For most sightings of Mollie during a run, if she ran similar times/routes twice a day, when asked 3 weeks after the event we must question the actual date of the sighting. The witness needs some other non-routine mechanism to link the sighting to a particular time/date for something routine (picked up car from the shop, kid sick and home from school that day, etc.)

Point 2: Some MSM outlets are notorious for telling/embellishing the "story" while sacrificing the details. A significant detail in the media can be flat wrong. Then dozens of other media sources will propagate that error, especially if they are behind the curve in reporting.​

Think of the potential gravity of the first point for a missing person: if that were the last sighting and the clothes were incorrect, the description goes out with "last seen wearing...!" And those were the clothes from the day before. Fortunately I Mollie's case I think we have the mother's description of what she actually owned. If DR got the shorts wrong, what else did he get wrong by mixing memories of multiple days? (Not blaming him, kudos to him for calling it in and trying to help.)

After watching the video of him, I'm inclined to believe him. The point that made a difference for me is that he wasn't thinking about Mollie, he was thinking about the fact that sometimes a young woman ran by his house, and that stopped.

I think it's quite possible that she wears leggings (yoga pants) sometimes and shorts other times. I think it's very possible that he mixed up what she was wearing that day.

We don't know what is BS and what is not......the commenter on the video may have an agenda or may know something about a relationship between co workers. LE has probably talked to people who MT had associations with....some may be more interesting than others. As far as we know, there are no suspects, and no obvious POI's, but in these types of cases, especially if FEDS are conducting investigations, no one is ruled out unless an alibi is absolutely verifiable. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member