Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
x

I couldn't find anything even expanding the search to the surrounding states. Of course a lot of missing children are only on the news for a few hours before they're updated with a happy ending, but I couldn't even find any news items that might fit.

It seems like a silly enough mistake but in retrospect it makes me wonder if there was a stalker and he made up the story to have an excuse to approach her. Not likely, I know...

Can you look on the Nextdoor site of the area and see if anything is posted?

I can't think of one reason Mollie would be stopped by LE in a library. Other than she's young and beautiful. Re looking like a child or she doesn't belong...really! And speaking of libraries. I seen some of the creepiest folks in our brand new Million plus dollar library. Frightening creatures!
I agree. I am the same size as Mollie - no one would mistake me for a child.

New here, so hoping I don't break any rules..

I too think she was on her way to her mom's house when she was abducted.

I think most likely it was someone she knew. Maybe they saw her, stopped to talk, maybe they offered her a ride to her mom's house. I think if she willingly got in to the car because she trusted this person, that would explain why no one noticed or heard a scream. All speculation of course.

I'm leaning towards possibly an old friend from high school. Someone who had feelings for her, that maybe MT had seen some since she'd been back home on break. Possibly they went to the same church? (Not sure how often MT went to church.)

Also, is it possible that this person lived near the hog farm? And that is why they keep searching there. I don't know how exact LE can get to the last known location through a phone ping or Fitbit, but I can see if it was in that general area, why they would immediately talk to WC, given his history.

I'm thinking it has to be someone familiar with that area (especially if it's true that a shirt belonging to MT was found near Lincoln Wildlife Area).

Anyways just my opinion.

Hoping Monday brings us more answers and even the possibility of bringing MT home!

From what I have read about her, she seemed to be reliable and purposeful. She may have been staying at both places over the summer, but she was specifically tasked with taking care of the dogs for the time no one else was at the brothers' house. I think that she had no intention of staying at moms that night because of dog duty, but fully intended to keep her routine of jogging, stopping at moms to grab some dinner, get one of the red shirts for the field trip the next day and either take the car or have her brother drive her back to DJ's and maybe pick her up to take her to work the next morning. If the last known witness account is accurate, as to being around 8pm or 9ish, she had probably been running for a half hour or so and was on her way to moms before it was too dark. But there was still some dusky daylight when she was abducted or willingly got in a vehicle. I think it must have happened quickly, for there to have been NO witnesses. I suspect that there were 2 people in the vehicle....a driver and a nabber (or lurer). The one thing that does not compute to me, is the late evening snapshot as reported by her boyfriend. I don't think he has a reason to lie about it, but I wonder if he is mistaken about the time it was actually sent from her....because a smiling snap with "hey" captioned, sent any time after around 9pm just doesn't make sense. JMO

If someone showed up after her jog and said something along the lines of Hey Mollie,I'm so and so from such and such, remember me? You need to come with me, right now because of this emergency, fill in the blank. She may have just jumped in without a moment's hesitation.
I posted that theory early on, and I still think it's a valid one. What would she do, especially with no car, if someone came to the door, or stopped her on her jog, and said, "I'm (some name), you may not remember me, but your father has been in a bad accident, and I'm here to take you to the hospital where your family is waiting. Get in."

What if she just got clipped by a car on her run, injured and disoriented in the corn, it's dark... She crawls or wanders in the wrong direction, not necessarily bleeding outwardly... I used to find deer on my property where that happened...

Not sure where you're located, but in the midwest, any dead deer or other even small animal not buried underground attracts a wake of buzzards lazily surveying the scene from overhead in the first days.

Although no two cases are the same, the sad reality for me is it doesn’t matter if she was taken by a stranger or someone she knew. We may never have answers. I recall a case local to my home a few years ago where someone was likely taken by someone they knew. Phone data proved he was in the area....not a crime though. Two years later there is nothing but a confession to a cell mate by that person. On the flip side take the Delphi case where there too is phone data depicting a supposed stranger and still no resolution. Either way everyone involved loses.

How many of us have that “one” person that we were nice to in high school who took our kindness the wrong way? For me, he is still in my small town and when I see him in Walmart, I try to avoid him seeing me.
This is what I keep wondering about our sweet Mollie.
And yes, I have seen the guy who haunts me from high school using the free computers at our library. Weirdo’s hang out in libraries.

This might sound like a stupid question, but is there a list somewhere of who the initials connect to? Obviously, I dont mean their names but like "XY - witness to jogging" or "AB - missing persons boss" I've been following off/on so I know a few of them, but not all.

For all the runners out there... Run with a RoadID or handful of shiny pennies of the same year... You can loosely hold them and if something happens it would be a clear clue that requires no technology to operate... I have gone on 30+ mile runs where my Garmin watch and phone both die... I carry my RoadID in my hand so if I get hit or attacked it would be left where I fell... Sounds morbid but...

This might sound like a stupid question, but is there a list somewhere of who the initials connect to? Obviously, I dont mean their names but like "XY - witness to jogging" or "AB - missing persons boss" I've been following off/on so I know a few of them, but not all.
If there's not, there should be - at the start of each new thread. We need a scorecard to keep track of the players.

My guess would be the home was burglarized during the day and the owner had just returned from work.

Without giving too much away, it was said somewhere on here, I think, that it’s an older couple in that home of the burglary call. Not sure if they would still be working, but maybe just out and about, or maybe not. Or maybe even back from vacation or something. We only know when the call came in, not the outcome, or when something did occur, if it did at all (false alarm, etc.)

She did run with headphones...witness said so, as well as her mom, who said they are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member