Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnipped>

Well, one thing that we can maybe grab onto to create connections to possible POI's is that it seems the perp had prior knowledge that Mollie would be solo at the house that night. Absent Mollie announcing it to the world on her SM, who reasonably could've been privy to that info?

Besides immediate friends and family, co-workers/people encountered at work might likely have that information. You're at work all day, you talk about what's going on in your life with the people around you. Other people ear hustle the info you're sharing with your friends at work.

Besides co-workers, Mollie worked at a camp for younger kids. Possibly one of her campers parents took an unhealthy interest in Mollie? And somehow got the info she'd be alone (heck, maybe from talking to their kid) . Could also be one of her co-worker's parents, as her co-workers are likely younger like herself.

I'm not liking the young love triangle. Those are usually messy and the perp quickly identified.

I'm thinking an older perp. Someone with means. Someone with a cabin or 2nd home out of state? Like in Southern Missouri/the Ozarks.

I surmise there was an interruption in the morniong while getting ready for work. Someone perhaps that knew she needed a ride came to the door?

The above person from Mollie's work rolls up to the house that morning to--ostensibly--offer her a ride to work. Mollie--maybe she passed out in her jogging clothes and slept in them--recognizes them as so-and-so's dad and goes out to see what's up and the abduction happens. They head south to Missouri.

I believe the perp is a drive-through, not immediately local, maybe lives within 100 miles who's been through Brooklyn, IA on various occasions.

The perp's job might bring him to Brooklyn, IA only on a semi-regular or rare basis

I'm thinking this too. Too high profile case in the small town area for a local to keep a cool head and not have Edith next door dime him out when he starts acting a little standoff-ish.

Being out of state--maybe he lives in St Louis, has a hunting cabin downstate Missouri--living in the big city, his neighbors don't even think twice about his slight but noticeable change in demeanor/behavior. After all, he has a girl trussed up out in his hunting cabin he needs to get back to.

Maybe a divorced father of one of Mollie's campers. He's been up to Iowa to maybe pick up his kid from camp or just to check it out or for parents day or whatever. He noticed Mollie and took that unhealthy interest in her and ran with it. All the way back down to Missouri?

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem like the person who’s theory I’d like you hear
My theory- Perp knew she'd be alone.Knew about dogs. Didn't approach house because of dogs. Waited and watched house. Followed MT on her run, went ahead of her route and waited. Perp is someone the crew works with or for or someone who heard crew going to be out of town MOO

If she is deceased from some freak accident or suicide, a decaying smell would be obvious by now for cadaver dogs to pick up, even if she is buried under dirt, especially without the proper embalming. Along with flesh flies swarming in the area.

Next, what else could hide the decomposing smell? Water... The body being under water or burned/cremation ....make your own assumptions...

If she is alive in iowa.. where can she be concealed witout anyone seeing or hearing her? In other cases, victims seemed to be closer to home, than found far away and found in another state seems rare.. unless it was a family member abduction. They seem to flee the area pretty quickly.
(Warning: Gross) If there was a suicide or freak accident, crows and birds of prey circling overhead would indicate the location. Hunters know this, so do cops.

Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts
Twitter handle-Motibbs Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter
FB-https://www.facebook.com/mollie.tibbetts
Instagram: Motibbs
Father- RT, married, lives in CA
Mother-LC, divorced from Rob, lives in Brooklyn, IA
Brother- JT
Brother-ST
Boyfriend-DJ
Boyfriend's brother-BJ
Fiance of Blake-AH

Mollie is:
20 years old
student at U of Iowa in Iowa City
brown hair
brown eyes
5'2" 120lbs
wears glasses/contacts
uses fitbit
avid runner
psychology major
intern at childcare daycamp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center
shares car with brother JT
was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in BJ and AH's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by AH
was taking a summer course in Roman Studies

camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store
County Fair was going on in a nearby town
there was a biking event in town

July 16:
BJ and AH leave house and are gone during the entire time.

July 17:
DJ left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
Mollie's first night alone.
House nearby burgalled.
Mollie was staying in AH's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to BJ and AH.

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
JT picked up Mollie and dropped her off at AH's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with DJ on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about ingredients mother was going to purchase for a dessert Mollie was going to make for an after-work celebration on Friday the 20th and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm DJ opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
DJ sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called DJ in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
DJ called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

DC: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

RT: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com) WC took polygraph, no details on questions or on whether he "passed"
Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators issue polygraph test to farmer who refused test at first

NH: stated he saw Mollie running on West Pershing Drive at 7:30pm.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

DR: Stated he saw Mollie running past his home at 9pm (possible typo and in the article, was 8pm on audio) "She was wearing like a neon pink sports bra with black khaki yoga pants and an armband with her music device, or phone ... hair in a ponytail, just jogging like normal, any other day." DR lives on East 2nd Street.
Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' Mollie Tibbetts

General Timeline:
Mollie last seen at 7:30pm 7/18
Mollie seen by DR at 8pm or 9pm 7/18
Brother tried to contact at 7:30am 7/19
that : a 12 hour window. Sometime between 7:30pm on 7/18 and 7:30am 7/19 is when she went missing. Let's see if we can fill in those hours somehow.

If you'd like me to add anything, let me know.

Last edited:
I think they scoured the property but maybe it got missed. Wouldn’t be the first time. I don’t know is there’s metal on a Fitbit or plastic painted components or actual metal where a metal detector might help find it.
I think you may be underestimating the difficulty of such a task...even with a metal detector, finding a Fitbit on a farm would be like finding...yes, a needle in a haystack. Most farms out in farm country are measures in sections (mile x mile or roughly 640 acres), quarters, etc. This likely isn’t a Charlotte’s Web farm with one barn, a farmhouse and a few pens for the sheep and pigs. Believe me, I’ve tried to find parts that fell off a combine, even knowing exactly where I had just driven over - and it just ain’t happening.

@mountainguy777 said:
You may be right. I thought he opened it the next morning for some reason.

Yes, I recall he opened it and went to sleep. He texted her good morning on 7/19, and reports she has never opened it.
He opened it around 10. He called it a "goodnight snap" from her, then fell asleep with the phone on his face.

I am intrigued by the wind farm project that was brought up and the pdf that was posted showing the location of the turbines. The project is quite large and is not too far from Brooklyn. I would have to imagine if that project is currently in the works, it would bring in many temp/contracted employees from outside of the area. I work for a company that provides skilled labor and often when we send employees out on projects hotels get filled up quickly and sometimes we have to go several towns over to find vacancy.

The hotel in Brooklyn would likely be utilized by these workers. I am just brainstorming on what would bring someone to Brooklyn if this was a stranger abduction. If you were living in a hotel it'd be reasonable that you might go driving around in your off time looking for things to do, places to eat, etc.

I included the hotel on the map I created and attached that wind farm picture with the hotel. I'll relink the map in this thread for anyone who may want to view it without digging back through previous threads.

Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps

ETA: Click on the pins for more info/pics.
Hmm, definitely interesting...it’s one of the few logical points between Brooklyn and the pig farm. I didn’t see on the map where the actual project is occurring...is it down south closer to Guernsey, such that the workers might have been familiar with the area near the pig farm?

University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts has been missing now for more than three weeks. The Poweshiek County woman's family is now trying to spread the word every way they can.

Rob Tibbetts said he remains hopeful that someone will help him track down his daughter.

"There will be hundreds of thousands of Iowans here in the next ten days, if not millions,” said Tibbetts.

Mollies boyfriend, Dalton Jack joined the trip to the fair. It’s a trip usually meant for happier times but this time it was filled with determination more than anything.

"We’re raising awareness to people who may have not seen her,” said Jack. “It's a huge foot traffic area so it's easy to hit a lot of people at one time."

"We’re just trying to drive information to the authorities,” said Tibbetts.

Mollie Tibbetts’ dad, boyfriend visit Iowa State Fair to spread the word of her disappearance

I was taking another drive in the Google car today around Brooklyn and I saw something on the back of two trailers that were akin to cargo containers and were painted in camouflage designs. I had never seen anything like them before and asked my husband if he knew what they were. He said they are military shipping containers. He said in the Air Force they called them “Cadillacs” because they are manufactured in Cadillac, Michigan. He said it was probably a private purchase of the containers because if they get holes and wear they are sold off. Not sure if a hunter would use them as a small cabin or hunting blind or for storage. Anyways made me think of the young lady who was held in the cargo container. Just a thought...maybe someone in the area knows someone who purchased one.

Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts
Twitter handle-Motibbs Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter
FB-https://www.facebook.com/mollie.tibbetts
Instagram: Motibbs
Father- RT, married, lives in CA
Mother-LC, divorced from Rob, lives in Brooklyn, IA
Brother- JT
Brother-ST
Boyfriend-DJ
Boyfriend's brother-BJ
Fiance of Blake-AH

Mollie is:
20 years old
student at U of Iowa in Iowa City
brown hair
brown eyes
5'2" 120lbs
wears glasses/contacts
uses fitbit
avid runner
psychology major
intern at childcare daycamp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center
shares car with brother JT
was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in BJ and AH's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by AH
was taking a summer course in Roman Studies

camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store
County Fair was going on in a nearby town
there was a biking event in town

July 16:
BJ and AH leave house and are gone during the entire time.

July 17:
DJ left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
Mollie's first night alone.
House nearby burgalled.
Mollie was staying in AH's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to BJ and AH.
WC took polygraph, no details on questions or on whether he "passed"

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
JT picked up Mollie and dropped her off at AH's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with DJ on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about ingredients mother was going to purchase for a dessert Mollie was going to make for an after-work celebration on Friday the 20th and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm DJ opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
DJ sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called DJ in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
DJ called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

DC: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

RT: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com)

NH: stated he saw Mollie running west on Pershing Drive at 7:30pm.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

DR: Stated he saw Mollie running past his home at 9pm (possible typo and in the article, was 8pm on audio) "She was wearing like a neon pink sports bra with black khaki yoga pants and an armband with her music device, or phone ... hair in a ponytail, just jogging like normal, any other day." DR lives on East 2nd Street.
Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' Mollie Tibbetts

General Timeline:
Mollie last seen at 7:30pm 7/18
Mollie seen by DR at 8pm or 9pm 7/18
Brother tried to contact at 7:30am 7/19
that : a 12 hour window. Sometime between 7:30pm on 7/18 and 7:30am 7/19 is when she went missing. Let's see if we can fill in those hours somehow.

If you'd like me to add anything, let me know.

Wonderful work, and the best effort I have seen yet of securing the timeline factually.

Do you think it’s safe to say LE thinks MT is in Iowa only? Am I the only one in a different state (not bordering Iowa) who still keeps an eye out?
I’m in NY and when driving and stopped at a light, I look over to see who’s in the other cars. Just in case. I know crazy but I feel like I’m doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee