Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for my GoPro to upload, and this is my first time with YouTube so I won’t have video for you until tomorrow. But let me give you my thoughts on this:

What I really wanted to capture was the “feel” of Brooklyn that you can’t get from a map or even a street view. At this point I’m going to stop speculating until LE gives us some better info. My feeling, unequivocally, is that Mollie was not snatched off the streets of Brooklyn. Not during her run, not after, not at all.
Do you have a theory of when she was abducted (or not).

If police knew who abducted Mollie, that abductor would be in custody. There could not be an arrest in Mollie's disappearance with the media knowing about it. Police would have no illusions that the abductor would lead them to Mollie if they did nothing.
I supposed it would depend on what was on the video surveillance. If they saw the actual abduction, that scenario would be different than say, for instance, they see Mollie and the suspect together on video during the time they think she went missing.

It reminds me of the Blaze Bernstein case earlier this year. I am sure I no longer remember all the details exactly, but through snapchat or other SM they knew Blaze was going to meet the Suspect, and Suspect said they went to a park together. LE searched the park and found nothing. But LE ‘knew’ it was the guy because of the snap and video of them parking near the park during the time they thought Blaze disappeared. LE didn’t arrest him or charge him, but instead put a tracker on Suspect’s car and wouldn’t you know it...it led police back to the park and this time Blaze was found. I probably did a bad job explaining the details, but the point is even if there is a lot of circumstantial evidence (including footage and correspondence) and police think he is ‘the one’, they need a lot more evidence of a crime (a body helps!) to convict and feel they often keep close tabs on the suspect to see if they will be led anywhere of interest.

I think there should be 2 significant place, possibly 3, that LE should be able to determine by looking at records from her phone and her Fitbit. The first would be where she was (possibly) abducted; the Stats from the Fitbit should have slowed down some once she stopped running, but her location changes should have sped up if she was taken in a car or stopped if she were taken into a home, field, etc. The second place would be where the phone lost contact with the tower. If the Fitbit was still showing normal (at least somewhat) stats when the phone quit, it's likely that the phone was destroyed, turned off or the battery died while she was still alive. It's likely that she and the phone are likely to be somewhere else. (MOO) If the Fitbit stopped transmitting anything before the phone did, it's possible that she did die in that spot; however, it could just be that it was turned off or the battery died.

I don't really think any of that is earth-shaking news, but I'm just wondering how man, if any, of these points have been pinpointed by LE. I'd really like to know what conclusions they've come to if they've found 2 or 3 of them (or even one, I guess)
The Fitbit, together with her phone records and her last Instagram post, are the pieces of evidence that will lead to a conviction, in my opinion.

Let me help.

Interesting!

What do you think the probability of this being true is? Or, at least, if this were "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," is this your final answer?

I don’t know the law in Iowa.. but I cannot imagine LE making an arrest for her abduction/murder/kidnapping based off a Fitbit step count.. the need more.. a lot more. Maybe pressure is being applied appropriately, in the right place, and towards their POI.

Waiting for my GoPro to upload, and this is my first time with YouTube so I won’t have video for you until tomorrow. But let me give you my thoughts on this:

What I really wanted to capture was the “feel” of Brooklyn that you can’t get from a map or even a street view. At this point I’m going to stop speculating until LE gives us some better info. My feeling, unequivocally, is that Mollie was not snatched off the streets of Brooklyn. Not during her run, not after, not at all.

That's interesting. Not snatched at all would mean that she is voluntarily missing.

There is a clear legal distinction between kidnapping and false imprisonment.

I believe she went with someone willingly but is/was being held against her will. Some might consider that kidnapping but the legal definition is clear that this would be false imprisonment.

We have all watched many, many trials. Police are put on the witness stands. They have to be sure and correct. The pendulum swung and not to the side of the prosecution.

A good thing, no? I mean, in individual cases with clear guilt but the perp's exercise of due process rights keep the prosecutor from bringing charges--those cases suck. I wish the police could beat a confession out of known but not prosecutable child predators and murderers and rapists and get them off the street.

I think some of the blame lies with prosecutors cutting plea deals too readily; and how easy/automatic parole is in many states. And how our prisons end up being finishing-schools for violent criminals. And prison is a dubious band-aid to cover up failures in our education and mental health systems.

But considering that it seems like every state with a active death row has in recent years had to open the door and let condemned individuals go on the basis of advances in evidence analysis...Paraphrasing: rather 10 guilty men go free than another innocent man end up in the chair or behind bars for decades for a crime they did not commit.

Too many people around the jogging route? Not enough places for opportunities? I am looking forward to seeing the video. Thanks
More than anything, the more isolated areas I thought were possible from map view (like Jackson street down by the high school) don't look so isolated in real life.

I understand it's hard for somebody like me to get in the "let's go snatch somebody" mindset, but trying to do that in Brooklyn I'm drawing a blank. The only areas I see that have any potential for that are out where nobody has mentioned and Mollie surely wouldn't be. For example, if there were any chance that she went West from the dogsitting house, 385th ave is a very isolated dirt road.

I'm not going to say she wasn't abducted, but I very strongly feel she got in a car willingly.

I don’t know the law in Iowa.. but I cannot imagine LE making an arrest for her abduction/murder/kidnapping based off a Fitbit step count.. the need more.. a lot more. Maybe pressure is being applied appropriately, in the right place, and towards their POI.

They'd need a body and/or irrefutable proof - if not - what would a D.A. use to prosecute?

could it be possible that Mollie followed an injured animal, trying to catch it to help it and ended up deep in a cornfield or somewhere hard to access, then had a major asthma attack? I’m new on here & haven’t read all of the threads on Mollie yet, so don’t know if that theory has been mentioned.

How did Mollie’s Mom think she was going to get there for dinner? Did the Mom occasionally pick her up when the shared car was not available for Mollie? Did Mollie frequently get rides from others when she didn’t have a vehicle? Would she have run over to the house?

A question, that I have been unable to find adequately answered on the forum threads or else where...but maybe someone here who has followed the case closely can answer. It may mean nothing, but I am just curious...

On the public facebook page "Finding Mollie Tibbetts" under videos, there is one of a prayer vigil by a JJ.. On it, beginning about minus 5:35, the young lady speaking mentions her and Molly being in track (in high school), that they both have asthma, and they would both make sure each other had their inhaler....

Any indication Molly still used an inhaler, and if so, would she normally carry it with her when she jogged/ran?
TIA
I would think she would use it before her run, but not bring it with her. It lasts about 4 hours. I am not sure if it has been mentioned whether or not it was found at the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1