Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a liability to whoever took her to keep her alive. But hey, some do depending on their objective. Obviously money isn't doing it for them.
We have to remember too that someone could have hit her with their car and they are hiding that. Maybe a drunk driver?

Or she’s alive and the person took her in to recuperate. Like Stephen King’s Misery !

(No, I don’t actually believe that)

She may have, but I doubt that she would have taken her contacts out to study -- if she got home that night after her jog -- doubtful, IMO. Certainly she would have removed them before she went to bed.
Seems to me, on the next day, she would have put them in to go to her mom's house and to work for the day. But, as we've said, she could have had a second pair. We still don't know if she ever got home that night.

There are contact lens that can be worn overnight. So I never saw the issue with 'glasses and contacts at home'. She could have gas permeable lens in.

That seems very strange that he followed you 50 miles away. I would actually report it just so there is some sort of an alert out there. I would tell him to leave me alone too. That's just weird.
I told him that I hadn’t noticed him in group. He said he just happened to be working there. I question that because I haven’t seen him working there. Installed video cameras over the weekend. I’m only a couple hrs north of Brooklyn Iowa. Scary thing.

In the 'what we know' list there is this question:
  • Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
Has this not been answered already? Surely the answer would be 'no'?
No answer on this one...this comment has been the source of at least the equivalent of 2 threads...No consensus on why this was asked other than possibly the snapchat picture that was opened at 10 pm and they were trying to figure out where the picture was taken.

I just ran WC’s name through the Iowa vine link (which locates offenders) and through the Bureau of prison’s inmate locator (for federal inmates) and neither list WC as being in custody, so I am assuming an arrest hasn’t been made.

That being said, I do not have high hopes for the press conference today. If anything, I unfortunately think they will announce this has become a recovery investigation due to evidence found and time lapsed. I have a strong feeling they will confirm the shirt at least, (If it is hers).

Wow. Thank u for doing that.

True. But I’d still expect some evidence of it. Car parts, blood, skid marks, something.

That would be correct in the vast vast majority of cases. There have been rare cases where a person is dragged a distance trapped under a truck or under a vehicle. One was in Mass where a woman was dragged 3 miles. Another person 20 miles.

That is a very very long shot.

There are contact lens that can be worn overnight. So I never saw the issue with 'glasses and contacts at home'. She could have gas permeable lens in.
Those are the ones I wear but I have dry eyes and still take them out every night before going to bed. If I don't they irritate my eyes. My doctor told me that is common.
What would matter more is if her contacts were in the case with solution. That would mean she had taken them out, therefore likely made it home and later left in a hurry.
ETA Judging from her SM photos lately, she does seem to wear her glasses quite often, so she may have issues wearing contacts.

Last edited:
From the videos SharonNeedles recorded of Brooklyn, IA, one thing that surprised me was how similar all the houses looked and mostly all painted white. Which is I guess a typical farm house look. I just never saw a town with such similar houses.

I have an iphone. I misplaced my phone once, and used the find my phone app on my ipad. The app pinpointed my phone in my garage. The location was 100% accurate in inches.

Totally Off Topic:
We once used the ping the same way, right to the front door of the taxi driver's home. Fortunately, his taxi was parked in front of his house on google map's cams with the cell number posted for his service. They passed us on to him, he called back later that night. His kids found it cleaning the cab.

"Tile" has been nice for keeping track of things, keys, wallets and bags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member