Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told him that I hadn’t noticed him in group. He said he just happened to be working there. I question that because I haven’t seen him working there. Installed video cameras over the weekend. I’m only a couple hrs north of Brooklyn Iowa. Scary thing.
My daughter was stalked for years. It's amazing how they can sneak around unnoticed. Scary stuff. You have his card right? Let people know! Do a background on him too. See if there's anything odd.

Been gone and just jumping in. I watched the tapes that SharonNeedles posted and honestly I felt so very bad for the Tibbetts family. Needles, by accident, captured Mr. Tibbetts givng an interview by Casey's. That poor man. His daughter missing and there he was maybe all alone. Looked like maybe four or five people. Mr. Tibbetts, cameraman, interviewer and another one or two. That whole town seemed to be locked down tight. I think I saw maybe half a dozen people out on the whole five tapes.
I hope he is getting the support her needs. I heard he's staying in a hotel and I'm thinking his wife had to return to her job in CA. Seems like DJ was and might still be his sidekick. Poor man who can't find his Pie, as he called her. Sad.

This is so true! I feel terrible for him. Makes me sad to think he's away from his wife and staying in a hotel although probably his preference rather than staying with strangers. They need answers and I hope it happens soon.

How easy it is to be stalked and not know it. Here’s my personal experience. I attend a group therapy that I drive an hour away for everyday. A guy showed up at my therapy group as I was pulling in he pulled up next to me & introduced himself. He said he knew me from living a few blocks away from where I live. He noticed that I drive everyday to the town 50 miles away & wanted to let me know how “pretty” I was and was curious if I’d be interested in going out for dinner sometime soon. It freaked me out that someone knew so much about me & I knew nothing about him. He has since left his business card on the windshield of my vehicle. It’s scaring me knowing that I’m being followed. He seems nice and all. But I have a problem with falling for people who seem nice and turn out to be not so nice..

I was stalked and the perp was committed to the state hospital. I did not pay much attention to him until a friend of mine who is a psychologist advised I was in much more danger than I realized. Please report this guy to the authorities immediately; trust me, you are at risk. Putting cards on windshields, following, knowledge of personal details is all consistent with stalking.

From the videos SharonNeedles recorded of Brooklyn, IA, one thing that surprised me was how similar all the houses looked and mostly all painted white. Which is I guess a typical farm house look. I just never saw a town with such similar houses.

I suspect that those houses were built before central air was 'cheap and easy'. The white houses and light colored roofs would offer less heat absorption in the summer.

You will note the traditional barn is painted red. That is because farmers are traditionally Cincinnati Reds or St Louis Cardinal fans. No it isn't. Supposedly red paint is more anti-fungal and anti-moss. I used to recall in quantum mechanics red indicates a more stable molecular state, but not sure that is true.

From the videos SharonNeedles recorded of Brooklyn, IA, one thing that surprised me was how similar all the houses looked and mostly all painted white. Which is I guess a typical farm house look. I just never saw a town with such similar houses.

I have NEVER seen a town with nobody outside. Nobody shopping, driving, playing, walking. It was like a Stephen King town. All the residents gone! I think I saw half a dozen humans on that 5 video drive.

An abductor is not likely motivated by $ nor would he think he could collect a reward. And I doubt anyone else except the perp has any idea where she is. The only chance would be someone calling in to say that such and such weirdo has a shed or shack someplace, i.e that might be worth checking. But as long as reward is mostly focused on “safe return” it won’t help imo. Maybe they will announce new parameters for reward...

If they can get enough info, they can significantly narrow down the scope of their efforts ... those types searches will usually hit paydirt. Otherwise, they have to hope for something like a hunter tripping over something, a farmer hitting something with his combine, or that somebody squeals.

Unfortunately, the CSI effect (of overhyped TV whiz-bang forensic science) presented in a 60 minute crime drama setting makes people want to believe in Star Trek tech that can scan for "life signs" from orbit. That Science Fiction world is set 250 years in the future. Current aviation and telecommunication tech is a bit over a 100 years old, the Space Age is around 60 years old. There are fantastic things that we can now do, and our abilities are increasing at an incredible rate, but there are limits to our current tech. There is an old saying that "old age and treachery will always defeat youth and skill". Our current tech is good, but unrefined when compared to the 10's of thousands of years that humankind has had to develop the skills of skullduggary, deceit, guile and even murder. We are, unfortunately or fortunately, still bound to the needs of human skills of observation and the lucky break to find an answer. Or to at least narrow the search down to a scale that our current tech can deal with!

No need to be corncerned about Iowa. I have complete cornfidence that you wouldn't be cornfronted by anyone dangerous. Please cornclude.....
Agree.
Iowa is no different from any place in the US -- small towns that are not that close to a big city would likely have less "bad guys" and fewer drifters than a large city.

MT is certainly not the first young woman to go missing in a small, close-knit community. It's just that Brooklyn is now under a LE/FBI microscope and has drawn the attention of many folks who are hoping, like we are, that she is alive and well, but also feeling that with every day that passes it seems less likely.

IMO, Iowa is an interesting state and Brooklyn reminds me of a little town where my g-parents lived. A great place to spend a couple of weeks every summer. Not nearly as much corn, but I did learn how to shuck it at my grandmother's house!
Stay with us and continue to hope for a good outcome for MT and her family.

As much as I don't want that to be the case, I'm coming to that conclusion myself.
I think I’m more fearful of never finding her at all and the case going cold. I don’t know why I’m so interested in this case. Maybe it’s because I’m a mom or a runner but I can’t stop checking for updates. I’m holding out hope that they find her alive.

I have NEVER seen a town with nobody outside. Nobody shopping, driving, playing, walking. It was like a Stephen King town. All the residents gone! I think I saw half a dozen humans on that 5 video drive.
For what it’s worth, there were way more cars in town than I’ve ever seen. 86 degrees and ridiculously humid. And seriously, you wouldn’t believe what a difference it makes when the Cubs are playing an afternoon televised game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668