Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They removed that page due to people digging into their employees personal information and posting crazy serial killer accusations. Unregulated forums are reckless and irresponsible.

SN,
Thanks for the videos, they were enlighting. I've ridden through parts of Iowa (30 years ago), don't look like things have changed much. God bless.

Unfortunately, the world is an unregulated form!

MOO
Al

IMO, there is way too much thought being put into the glasses and contacts. But at the same time I understand there isn't much other information or speculation to really talk about. Whatever she was doing with whoever, she was probably able to see well enough with or without contacts or glasses for the amount of time that she planned to be away from the house.

I just read this newspaper article from The Mercury News. The article is an interview with
RT.
://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/08/from-oakland-to-iowa-mollie-tibbetts-family-relies-on-two-communities-and-clings-to-hope/

• The night she disappeared, Mollie texted her mom at 7:30 p.m., saying she was going for a runsomething she did most nights.
  • She was living with her boyfriend in Brooklyn for the summer, but he was out of town that night and police say he isn’t a suspect.
  • Mollie was likely wearing her Fitbit on her wrist.
  • Her phone is missing, but her wallet and purse were still home.
  • Police won’t say what they’ve done to try to track her through technology or other means.
  • Despite the distance, he’s remained close with his children through the years.
  • Every weekend, he spends hours on the phone with all 3.
  • He spoke with Mollie a few days before she disappeared.
  • She was about to sign a lease for her first college apartment in the fall.

I am a runner and most runners like myself always take along our phones and our running watch (Garmin or fitbit)... just in case you trip and fall or need to call someone.

To me, based on your points.. it looks like the purse being at home but the phone gone, means she was abducted on the run. But then again, wasn't there a report that she did homework AFTER her run?

How are those FB postings not defemation of character?

That's just one of the elements needed to prove defamation of character here in Iowa. Those kinds of lawsuits are usually lengthy and expensive, so most of the time it's not worth trying to do anything about it unfortunately. Even when it's clear that a post on Facebook is affecting someone's business or their job, it still seems to take a long time to get any justice in our court system here. Just my opinion though...

Any info regarding the presence of her car at boyfriend's house the night of July 17th? This would be the first night she was there alone, and if it really was her habit to pick up the car the evening before, I would assume that would be a clue. Also, along that line and if so, I'm inclined to believe she intended to jog for her 45 minutes (give or take 15) and end up at her mom's house for dinner and to pick up the car. I'm doubting she would lock dogs up for a short 45 minute interval, more likely longer time frame includes going to her mom's. That would take her jogging route north towards the family's home after the 8:00 (8:30) sighting in 2nd St. JMO

Last edited:
I wonder if they have an "Alexa"? Mine tells me where my phone was last seen. Even if it is turned off, it will say where it was last active.

How easy it is to be stalked and not know it. Here’s my personal experience. I attend a group therapy that I drive an hour away for everyday. A guy showed up at my therapy group as I was pulling in he pulled up next to me & introduced himself. He said he knew me from living a few blocks away from where I live. He noticed that I drive everyday to the town 50 miles away & wanted to let me know how “pretty” I was and was curious if I’d be interested in going out for dinner sometime soon. It freaked me out that someone knew so much about me & I knew nothing about him. He has since left his business card on the windshield of my vehicle. It’s scaring me knowing that I’m being followed. He seems nice and all. But I have a problem with falling for people who seem nice and turn out to be not so nice..

Could be but aren't they more difficult to get in and out of without getting all scratched up?

Yes, corn is kind of sharp. That’s another thing I’ve been wondering....was there anyone with forearm cuts? I wouldn’t think legs would get too beat up because of the height of the crops. Most farmers would wear long sleeves if they had to go into corn, but I don’t think in the heat of the moment someone would think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez