Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many think the website a great trap set by LE, sinisterly effective in its simplicity?

How many think the website a middling or even poorly designed empty gesture with little purpose whatsoever?
Opinion - I think the purpose of the website was to draw new info and to let the perp know, that they know who he is, where he came into town, the area where he "took" Mollie, and where he left town to get rid of the phone/fitbit and Mollie.... They are telling him "Be afraid. We are gonna come for you. "

<modsnipped quote>
(Edited in case image gets removed)

Those definitely look like cameras to me.
It appears to be a couple self service, and one automatic stall, and from my experience, there's usually a camera where the money changer is located (front wall beneath sign). The coin boxes don't usually have cameras-- probably because you can spray the camera in those areas but not on the front wall. I don't spray cameras but I do frequent the self-serve car wash with a very delicate garage queen...

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the strangest things my son warned me about, when he began his cop job, was to be cautious around CAR WASHES. I was like 'What?'

Turns out that local drug dealers love to hang out there to make transactions. They are shielded somewhat, and can make exchanges relatively out of sight. And if a cop drives by they continue 'washing' their car. lol

On the local cops street patrol, they often make regular cruises through the Do It Yourself car washes to keep the dealers on their toes.

Mollie may have jogged by the car wash, not realizing who was lurking there, watching?

or she did realize who was there and saw something she shouldn't.

It appears to be a couple self service, and one automatic stall, and from my experience, there's usually a camera where the money changer is located (front wall beneath sign). The coin boxes don't usually have cameras-- probably because you can spray the camera in those areas but not on the front wall. I don't spray cameras but I do frequent the self-serve car wash with a very delicate garage queen...
Great points! I would also think a truck stop would have one or more cameras on it.

MT family had a different look today. Dad was confident in his stance, mom emotionally pissed where she showed assertiveness with her stance and chin.. going to kick some *advertiser censored**... boyfriend is closed off... he knows that people have pointed fingers at him and he is cautious with every move he makes.. not out of guilt but fear. JMO

It would be interesting if the site includes background heat mapping or something similar, which is currently used by some business to gather marketing data. In this particular case, it would reveal where people are looking on the map and website even if they never click on anything. Usually it tracks wherever the mouse pointer moves. It could also be tracking where people touch on the map if they are on a phone or tablet. The perp or potential witnesses might be looking in unique areas on the map ... or in a unique pattern. If they combine the heat map generated by the user along with the their other captured data (IP address, etc), the results might be interesting.

Website heat map example:

View attachment 142027
If there is a POI and he has gotten away with everything thus far even making MT vanish without a trace, I’m sure he already knows about it and will continue to remain in control like he already has for weeks.

He doesn’t stike me as the dumb criminal type, who robs a bank, wearing a mask, along with his work name-badge for the video camera to figure out his true identity. It’s more like this POI teaches a masters/advanced/honors class on criminology...maybe he does.

He doesn’t stike me as the dumb criminal type, who robs a bank, wearing a mask, along with his work name-badge for the video camera to figure out his true identity. It’s more like this POI teaches a masters/advanced/honors class on criminology...maybe he does.

I don't think it's their first rodeo.

at the bottom it says:
If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
Interesting.
I did think it was strange that he said they also searched abroad. really don't think she is abroad, but maybe they'll stumble on other crime they can put an end to while they're out chasing these leads.

I wonder if those areas of interest are areas where Mollie's fitbit was traced to, or where a suspicious vehicle or person(s) was seen on camera or by a witness? Was any evidence found in any of those areas? Was the vehicle leaving the scene or entering it? Where did their paths cross?

There are five areas on the map. One is near Mollie's house and the request is for information about hwy 385. That request is probably for vehicles taking the same route in the same direction twice, or doing something else unusual. That map also includes Pershing, where Mollie was seen at the beginning of her run.

The map including 2nd Str and the car wash is probably related to a sighting of Mollie, and we know about that sighting.

The two dots on the far right don't open for me, but are probably related to the route taken towards Guernsey. The Dunkin Donuts location might be related to a vehicle that traveled from Guernsey.

My thoughts on the PC...LE is watching...waiting...building their case. My theory has not changed since I posted it last. I think their locations on that map are very telling and they have something that led them to those areas, whether it be data...

Agreed. My thinking LE could access ALL cellular devices pinging towers in/around Brooklyn between hours of 5-10pm. With such a small town, it would be a fairly small universe to assess possible POIs/suspects assuming perp(s) had phone(s) pinging during those hours. Given digital mapping capabilities used on MTs jog, couldn’t LE do the same digital mapping on possible leads that overlapped Mollie at approx time of disappearance. Curious to hear insights from LE posting here

Agree. My "glass half full" theory is LE has clear digital evidence of who did this. But they need to find physical evidence (Mollie) to complete their case.

Investigators turn to Fitbit data for clues about missing Iowa college student

Last Updated Jul 30, 2018

"You can actually overlay the location data with the real world to find out what exactly happened," Thomas Yohannan, an expert on data recovery. "You are essentially trying to find a witness to the events that happened leading up to her missing person."

"Late Thursday, investigators said they had completed reconstructing their timeline of Mollie's run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo