Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. My "glass half full" theory is LE has clear digital evidence of who did this. But they need to find physical evidence (Mollie) to complete their case.

Investigators turn to Fitbit data for clues about missing Iowa college student

Last Updated Jul 30, 2018

"You can actually overlay the location data with the real world to find out what exactly happened," Thomas Yohannan, an expert on data recovery. "You are essentially trying to find a witness to the events that happened leading up to her missing person."

"Late Thursday, investigators said they had completed reconstructing their timeline of Mollie's run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses."

SIGINT is fun. With enough computers you can scale it to... whatever.

From https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/:

"On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, Mollie Tibbetts was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours. There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time.

Law enforcement is currently seeking additional witnesses and wants to speak to anyone who was in the areas indicated below on July 18, 2018 between the hours of 5PM and 10PM." (bbm)

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it, but the 5pm time frame seems a bit earlier than previously discussed. I'm guessing they just have some reason to be curious about the time leading up to whatever they suspect happened to her- this makes sense if they do have a perp in mind (maybe they knew the person was in town starting around 5 or something of that nature).

They aren't casting doubt that she was dropped off at 5:30 and texting with her mom though, right? If I read those two paragraphs together, it kind of sounds like they are. But, if I keep them as separate thoughts in my mind, I think it means that she hasn't been credibly seen or heard from since she was seen running, and then separately, they also want to hear from people at those spots from 5-10pm.

Just my thoughts.
I think it is what someone else said the time the are interested is is 7pm. So 2 hours before and 2 hours after.

This one is really baffling. She was kind of in the middle nowhere in that house but really she was surrounded by neighbors. Close quarters sitting way out there but I can see how her neighbors didn't see anything.

I will say IF THEY DO HAVE VIDEO of her running it would surely benefit those they are asking to help US to see that video. Never know. Might recognize a truck, car or old boyfriend.

I wonder how long Mr. Tibbetts will be able to stay and search for his girl.

It's just so sad thinking of where Mollie should be right now with friends, family, celebrations, plans, dreams. Somebody bad took that all away from her.

Your username makes me sad I think about 29yr Rich Beebo Russell the SeaTac ground employee who stole the Q400 aircraft took on a suicidal joy ride Fri. He’s been named Rich Roll not a pilot only learned to fly from video games. That barrel roll he pulled off was amazing. He is now “Sky King” I’ve been crying every time I listen to the audio recordings. He sounded like a cool funny guy. What could have gone terribly wrong in his life.

God, that is indeed such a devastating story. I honestly couldn't bring myself to listen to the audio of it. I really wish MSM would use the opportunity to highlight mental healthcare and suicide (which, sadly, is still a taboo topic in the USA), in addition to how to better prevent trespassers from stealing airplanes.

My username is actually in reference to a popular quote from "StarFox 64," a Nintendo 64 video game I enjoyed playing growing up!

Bingo ! The new site map of the Truck Stops going South Towards WCs is known. Opinion - 385thAve./V622 is new to me and was put there for a reason. Possible cell phone/fitbit info spot........?

I think this is possibly the route taken out of town (upper right hand spot, correct?). 385th Ave appears to be a direct, but less travelled route out of town. I’m wondering if there is a camera at one of the business on the east of town on 385th that maybe captured something? Then, it’s possible to continue taking 385th Ave east to V21, and take that south to the old schoolhouse.

We need to ask SharonNeedles who is a male by the way how he came up with his username. I would bet there is a great interesting story behind it. :rolleyes:
Lol! Friends of friends were in a band called Betty Blowtorch. I met Sharon Needles and thought that was her real name. It took me awhile to decipher “sharing needles” out of that and I laughed for days at how twisted that was.

There are five areas on the map.
The two dots on the far right don't open for me, but are probably related to the route taken towards Guernsey.
They don't seem to work for anyone. Some wonder if these dots are triggers to persons who were possibly too scared to call the tip line.

Wasn't Walt using a car wash to launder money in Breaking Bad?
Allegedly.

I think this is possibly the route taken out of town (upper right hand spot, correct?). 385th Ave appears to be a direct, but less travelled route out of town. I’m wondering if there is a camera at one of the business on the east of town on 385th that maybe captured something? Then, it’s possible to continue taking 385th Ave east to V21, and take that south to the old schoolhouse.
Or possibly a backdoor route into town ?

Lol! Friends of friends were in a band called Betty Blowtorch. I met Sharon Needles and thought that was her real name. It took me awhile to decipher “sharing needles” out of that and I laughed for days at how twisted that was.

I always wondered about that. What a great story to go with your 'handle'. Thanks again for taking us through Brooklyn.

You are so familiar with all of this when do you make of this new map and area? I'm completely lost when it comes to maping of places I don't know.

I'm curious, and this could be a question best asked to the locals... But, is there a migrant population in that area..?
DO NOT GET THIS WRONG... This isn't political, or any other itical that could be associated with a question like the one I just posed.
My reason for asking is because I live in an area where there is a large migrant farm working population... With that, you see a more closed circle of people, and a reluctance to deal with LE. Also, there is an uptick in alcohol related incidents.
Please understand that I am not making this post to point a finger in some racially motivated way. It's a delicate question, and im trying to ask it in an incredibly delicate way.

I understand where you are coming from and agree it's worth looking into. In my area through the years there is a traveling migrant population that comes north in the summer to work on farms and goes south after harvest. Many times there are groups of people that stick together in their travels. In my area most are Haitians and many do not speak the language so they do not attempt to communicate. There is a network of farms that use the same people and their only form of transportation if any at all, are bikes. So they are very limited in where they can go. I feel really bad for some of them because on some farms there is only a convenience store near them where they have extremely high prices and this is where the farm hands get the majority of their meals :(

That said the farms in the area appear to grow corn. The vast fields makes me think they must use a mechanized system to harvest. They might not have much use for many migrants. Someone local would know better though.

Maybe a vehicle of interest was first caught on camera or noticed by someone driving past some of the places of interest on the map at around 5pm.
What time did she get off work? Her brother dropped her off at the house around 5:30 so I expect she got off work around 5:00. That might be where they are getting the beginning time.

We’re going to have to send SharonNeedles on a Dunkin’ run to look for cameras at the truck stop. I will put in the mobile order now for two Boston Cream and a large iced coffee, hazelnut, the shot not the swirl, extra-extra, with a styrofoam cup over the plastic cup to keep the hand dry (we aren’t savages).
I’m actually starting to plan another trip. I have a theory, I want to drive and record it. That’s a few days away though, we’ve got a lot of softball practice this week.

I do not understand why so many think it would be so difficult to grab a jogger when no other cars are around and take off, or why it would require brains or skill. It would require a sick desire and a vehicle.

I'm not the IT guy, but I'm surprised it's being called "amateurish".

I think it's low-bandwidth, in the hope of getting a lot of views and not overloading the servers.

I think it's a case of everything is there that needs to be, but nothing there that doesn't need to be there. I find it more minimalist than amateurish.

It is odd that the two close-up images are missing their png but I don't find it suspiciously odd.

I'm not particularly enamored with the form design on the user end. That would be the only part I really think looks amateurish. But overall I would say it's more function than form.

I would say that it appears that every single word has been carefully chosen to evoke a response.

we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved
Individuals who commit violent crimes
unknowingly be associated with the offender

I think the site is not just for the public, it's also for someone close to the perp, and there's extra candy for the perp.

I think it's been made as simple as possible to make it user friendly. Not everyone is a tech-savvy millennial. Many people have difficulty navigating websites, and this one is pretty easy to use and understand. Anything too sophisticated would be discouraging and frustrating if a person is not really computer literate. I like the approach they took with this website.....don't make it hard on the public to reach out to LE.

I am curious why they are limiting the hours to 10 PM. It makes sense to have an expiration if LE knows that she left the area at this time. How could they know this? Have they figured out the original send time and place of the Snapchat to DJ at 10 PM?
DeadCat RBBM. I, too, am curious about the 10PM timeframe. IIRC, that was once mentioned as the time her "good night" wishes were sent to DJ. We were led to believe that DJ didn't see the chat until the next morning. We also heard that from the picture he had the impression she was "inside." And that he didn't really read or absorb what the included text said.
Okay. I'm thinking, as you wondered, that it may be possible that DJ and/or LE really do know all of the details of this Snapchat. Could it have been Mollie's kidnapped cry for help? Could her text have said that? Just as some of Mollie's family's pleas have been interpreted as directed to one specific person (and loosely scripted) could DJ's statements have been likewise manipulated? Seems like this could account for a lot of the evasiveness on LE's part and the family's statements hinting that they believed someone was "holding" her against her will.
Dunno, I'm not really a good "what if" person but this is the best I can come up with.
God bless her, her family, and friends.

I took the "abroad" comment as relating to the Dominican Republic, to where MT was supposed to travel and also to other possible destinations (standard national security search, think: recruitment), since she recently obtained a passport. At least we know the FBI is being thorough in that aspect.
I took it to mean that they were looking at possible trafficking angles that they received tips on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member