Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't seem to work for anyone. Some wonder if these dots are triggers to persons who were possibly too scared to call the tip line.

Allegedly.

I'm now thinking that the two right dots might just be general vicinity points that police are interested in - perhaps a vehicle was temporarily parked in the area, someone pulled a u-turn, other irregular vehicle activity.

The dots that open up maps in Brooklyn relate to specific addresses such as hwy 385 and Pershing, or 2nd Street.

In my neck of the woods, the drug dealers hang out in Denny's parking lots. I am not sure why, but I have witnessed it.
Walmart parking lots here and the river Walmart where we vacation. Oh! And Starbucks.

If LE had a specific car in mind...hey we are at four weeks, they would say “a gray car was seen” and we would like to contact the driver i.e...it is late in the day to be playing mind games, hoping locals will pick up subconscious hints...the general public is not crime obsessed like many of us, knowing what to look for etc...if LE has any clues they need help with, it is past time to spell it out. Many perps have been caught driving the same vehicle once LE put out an alert for it.

I don’t understand the lack of searches, to include the public or outside search groups. Many missing people are found on organized searches. I hate the feeling that right now the focus seems to be more on the elusive perp than where Molly might be, and evidence is being destroyed if she has been deceased this whole time. I can’t even see a reason for the perp to be especially worried right now...all JMO of course.

JMO - the lack of public searches and cries for help searching lead me to believe that they know Mollie is not in the area. I do think that every word of that press conference today, along with the wording on the website, were very calculated.

I took it to mean that they were looking at possible trafficking angles that they received tips on.

I took it she has a passport, also was traveling soon, maybe they checked if anyone flew to the DR that week or if anyone flew anywhere in a hurry, i.e late purchased ticket, etc

I’m actually starting to plan another trip. I have a theory, I want to drive and record it. That’s a few days away though, we’ve got a lot of softball practice this week.

I appreciated your videos so much. If you do another trip along her perceived running route, I would so love if you (or your co-pilot daughter) would be on the lookout for, and make note of any cameras along the route.

I do not understand why so many think it would be so difficult to grab a jogger when no other cars are around and take off, or why it would require brains or skill. It would require a sick desire and a vehicle.
This is a good point. People are possibly giving this guy way too much credit. It takes no special ability to quickly kidnap a person off the street. He may have just gotten lucky.

I do not understand why so many think it would be so difficult to grab a jogger when no other cars are around and take off, or why it would require brains or skill. It would require a sick desire and a vehicle.
I'm wondering if she is a slight person, easily overcome.

Then 10pm ( and right before and after ) would definitely be the time you’d want people to notice and report strange behaviors.
DeadCat RBBM. I, too, am curious about the 10PM timeframe. IIRC, that was once mentioned as the time her "good night" wishes were sent to DJ. We were led to believe that DJ didn't see the chat until the next morning .

Yes, I agree. DJ said in an interview (the recent, less professional one—) that he saw the picture around 10pm but didn’t pay attn to the caption.

Busy drilling a kid about Snapchat. Supposedly there’s something that shows how long ago it was sent-which disappears as soon as you swipe? Kid tells me that unless they are doing something, you pretty much open it as soon as it gets there. By doing something, kid said like working, or driving, showering, or in the library studying. Dont know if all in that age group are like that, but kid is pretty typical.

Chicago is four hours east off I80. That's an easy round trip drive for a murderer, he gets in and out quick for his murder fix. Poor Mollie. I feel so bad for her and her Mom and Dad. I don't see this having a happy ending.

I’m actually starting to plan another trip. I have a theory, I want to drive and record it. That’s a few days away though, we’ve got a lot of softball practice this week.
This time...please, please narrate as you drive.

I was absolutely lost and didn't even realize we passed the Jacks home until I watched it three times. I told you I'm not good at any maping, directions or just driving along in a strange place.

Reading back that sounds so selfish of me to ask when you are good enough to drive the route but...and there is always a but..if I was lost maybe others were lost too.

I'm sure as you were driving you where thinking 'this is where I think Mollie started..I think on her run she would have passed this way...

As I was watching I was thinking ... where are we? Is this where she ran?

Thank you.

I finally had a chance to watch the PC.

I feel like they have very little but I hope that I am wrong. :(

I’m thinking the dots on the map are a mix of eyewitness sightings, video camera footage and the data they recovered from her Fitbit. It’s not much and I think the phone was powered off and tossed before they got too far outside of the town limits.

The two dots on the right side of the map (that do not load) seem like they’re probably digital footprints from after Mollie was taken and help explain the strong interest near the wildlife area and pig farm.

The dots in town could be areas where she was spotted. I don’t know if this is of any significance but it stood out to me that they mentioned 385th instead of W. Des Moines. This is past DJ’s home and seems like it’d be the wrong way. I wonder did Mollie’s device track here down the road in this area? Did she jog that way or did the perp follow her back home and grab her near the home and head onto 385th and turn around? It’s a secluded area near DJ’s home and I could see that being an area that a perp could potentially take Mollie.

I also wonder about the truck stop. Did Mollie run that far? Do they have video footage of someone who stood out? Is it because that’s where someone from out of town would be drawn into Brooklyn?

I still feel like this is a stranger abduction and a crime of opportunity. My guess is the perp saw Mollie on her run and followed until she came to an area that was more secluded. I do think this is someone who either lives somewhere nearby but not right in town or it’s someone who travels to the area for work.

I think the site is not just for the public, .
Not meant directly at Amonet. This just brought a thought to my mind.
I cringe every time that someone shares their IT knowledge or clever insight on how the LE may be gathering info. Please remember, this site has been visited by criminals too. There is so much that I’d love to share, but I bite my tongue. Keep sleuthing, just be smart.

I kind of dug it. It looks very much like my small town. You wouldn't see people outside during the week, either. Most people work out of town and don'tget home until early evening. Thanks to urban sprawl, our downtown area is mostly empty buildings; the few stores that are there close around 5. People keep to themselves. One of the reasons I enjoy our annual Mushroom Festival is because it's two days out of the year that our town actually comes alive.

This way of life may not be for everyone, but many of us love it. I have lived in several large cities and all over the world, but I prefer the quiet isolation of my small town-even with its dead downtown and empty streets. We have seen no indication that Mollie was unhappy there. Indeed, the fact that she returned home for the summer when college students generally have other options available says something, as does the fact that she chose a university close to home in Iowa (when she probably could have looked at places nearer her father).

And without being morbid, having grown up around cornfields and tobacco farms, if she were deceased in one of them right now, it wouldn't be hard to find her. A deer died in the cornfield across the road from us last week. Within 24 hours, it was obvious from a 5-mile radius. Critters come and you can't miss them.
Thank you for posting this! This is what I have thought too. She can't be in the cornfields because of all the critters that would come and the birds and the smell. It wouldn't be missed that something was amiss out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member