Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good point. People are possibly giving this guy way too much credit. It takes no special ability to quickly kidnap a person off the street. He may have just gotten lucky.
True, but I tend to think this happened in a deserted area, as you would have to be counting on a lot of luck to not get caught in a business or residential area.

I think it is what someone else said the time the are interested is is 7pm. So 2 hours before and 2 hours after.
I am confused. They obviously think she disappeared around 7'ish. What about the neighbor who saw her later. Was he just confused, or did he see her, or....?

Also, I really hate hearing people say, as part of their theory, that perhaps they were doing drugs, smoking weed, drinking....... I'm not naive, but I really feel like she was unlikely to be doing these things. What she did privately is her business, but to suggest she went off with druggies and something happened is really unnecessary. It's almost like victim bashing. That's JMO.

I think it's been made as simple as possible to make it user friendly. Not everyone is a tech-savvy millennial. Many people have difficulty navigating websites, and this one is pretty easy to use and understand. Anything too sophisticated would be discouraging and frustrating if a person is not really computer literate. I like the approach they took with this website.....don't make it hard on the public to reach out to LE.

From a psychological standpoint, I also think it could be made to look more simple and less sophisticated on purpose to make people feel comfortable going there and poking around and feel less likely that they are being tracked or otherwise exposing themeselves in any way, etc. ... of course, the reality might be different.

True, but I tend to think this happened in a deserted area, as you would have to be counting on a lot of luck to not get caught in a business or residential area.
I completely agree with you, that if she was taken while on her jog, it was an area that made her easily susceptible to abduction.

After today's information or lack thereof, I can really only give credence to these few possibilities:

a. She was lured away by someone she knows, and *something weird happened*.
b. She was hit by a car, and someone hid her to avoid getting in trouble.
c. A stranger who may have been stalking her beforehand grabbed her and drove off with her.
d. She was in a disagreement with someone she knows well, and it escalated and *something bad happened*

All of these scenarios have an outcome where she could be alive or not. I'm in Schroedinger's territory right now. I have no more ideas, and about half the hope I had when this started. But there is still hope. Someone needs to get Mollie home and quit messing around. Good night wherever you are, Mollie.

This is a good point. People are possibly giving this guy way too much credit. It takes no special ability to quickly kidnap a person off the street. He may have just gotten lucky.

IMO, this was either an entirely impulsive snatch & grab OR a carefully planned and possibly rehearsed abduction. Either an incredibly lucky perp, or an incredibly smart one.
I'm wondering if she is a slight person, easily overcome.

Missing poster lists her as 5'2", 120 lbs. IMO, she'd be no match for any adult male of average strength.

I am curious about the “ abroad” comment. Maybe he did not mean it as in foreign country.

But if he did, I wonder if it has anything to do with the Dominican Republic.

I have to say I wonder why a wedding was planned there in August. I imagine the temperature is unbearable. I wonder if it was some kind of connection that made it as a choice.

I completely agree with you, that if she was taken while on her jog, it was an area that made her easily susceptible to abduction.
Well that back, gravel road coming up to the bf's house seems pretty deserted. Downright spooky.

It's on one of the tapes SharonNeedles posted. That's a terrific in and out for anybody not wanting to be seen, observed, video taped.

I am curious about the “ abroad” comment. Maybe he did not mean it as in foreign country.

But if he did, I wonder if it has anything to do with the Dominican Republic.

I have to say I wonder why a wedding was planned there in August. I imagine the temperature is unbearable. I wonder if it was some kind of connection that made it as a choice.
Possibly because it's an affordable destination wedding destination?

I do not understand why so many think it would be so difficult to grab a jogger when no other cars are around and take off, or why it would require brains or skill. It would require a sick desire and a vehicle.

I agree. After watching the videos that SharonNeedles posted (excellent work btw), I don't think it's out the realm for her to be abducted. It's a small town, sure - but it's also very rural. Especially if she was on one of the back roads, who would even hear/see anything? It reminds me of a lot of rural areas I've driven thru in WI, and if she wasn't in a neighborhood when she was running then I think an abduction would be quick and quiet :(

I am confused. They obviously think she disappeared around 7'ish. What about the neighbor who saw her later. Was he just confused, or did he see her, or....?

Also, I really hate hearing people say, as part of their theory, that perhaps they were doing drugs, smoking weed, drinking....... I'm not naive, but I really feel like she was unlikely to be doing these things. What she did privately is her business, but to suggest she went off with druggies and something happened is really unnecessary. It's almost like victim bashing. That's JMO.

Why 7PM? We're heard in the past that she went running at 7:30PM, and today we learned that she was abducted while jogging.

Investigators are interested in the days leading up to the abduction, and specifically interested in the window of 5PM - 10PM on the night she was abducted. That suggests to me that they believe the abductor was in the area up to a couple of hours prior to the abduction, that Mollie was abducted between 7:30 - 8:30, and they know the abductor was in the rural area around Brooklyn for up to 1.5 hours after the abduction.

Weather in August in DR is really iffy

August falls within the wet and hurricane seasons in Punta Cana, which means you're likely to experience intense rainfall and powerful winds during your holiday. During this month, the average temperature for Punta Cana slowly falls as the month progresses, dropping from 28°C on August 1st down to 27°C by August 31st.

Well that back, gravel road coming up to the bf's house seems pretty deserted. Downright spooky.

It's on one of the tapes SharonNeedles posted. That's a terrific in and out for anybody not wanting to be seen, observed, video taped.
Absolutely. Absent of any proof that she did make it back to the house, I think it’s most likely that she was kidnapped on her jog. A place like that would suit a potential abductor well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth