Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm duty bound as a defense lawyer to chime in and say if any of you are ever in a car accident with a pedestrian please immediately call the police and report it. If it was a true accident you may not face any charges. If you kidnap someone or steal a dead body, you are going to be much worse off.

Though I watch LivePD and you know when someone starts a high speed chase over a turn signal the guy definitely has 10 felony warrants and probably has a suitcase of cocaine in the trunk. So I know what you mean feralwriter. You're not envisioning a boy or girl scout.
Sure, much worse off but only if you get caught.

The Known in the meth scenario: I will go to prison for life. The Unknown: I have a shot at avoiding prison if I do this other thing, & get away with it.

Because whoever got Mollie, they got away with it. For now. --yes, all of us here would call the cops immediately. The sun in your eyes is an excuse that has gotten plenty of drivers off, whether justified or un.

My thoughts on the PC...LE is watching...waiting...building their case. My theory has not changed since I posted it last. I think their locations on that map are very telling and they have something that led them to those areas, whether it be data...

Agreed. My thinking LE could access ALL cellular devices pinging towers in/around Brooklyn between hours of 5-10pm. With such a small town, it would be a fairly small universe to assess possible POIs/suspects assuming perp(s) had phone(s) pinging during those hours. Given digital mapping capabilities used on MTs jog, couldn’t LE do the same digital mapping on possible leads that overlapped Mollie at approx time of disappearance. Curious to hear insights from LE posting here

That is the kind of information I was hoping to sort out... that the map on https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/ matches a potential Mollie running route. If it didn’t, I would be even more curious on what it means. I think some of the hotspots might fall out of her running range, and rely on the awesome mapmakers here to sort it out.
ITA maybe combining both maps will make Mollie's route more clear

I'd say that the digital analysis probably shows Mollie going radio silent on July 18 at 10 pm forward. Probably completely out of character for Mollie not to engage in SM in the evening, and probably several friends came forward that they sent Mollie communications Wednesday that she did not respond to which was out of character for her (and most 20 yr old students).
Then 10pm ( and right before and after ) would definitely be the time you’d want people to notice and report strange behaviors.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, how does one reply to a conversation that was sent to them. Totally can't figure it out.

This is a bit of speculation, but I wonder if it is an old one-room schoolhouse? I looked at google maps (and beacon) based on the intersection given on the finding Mollie map, and noticed a small building. I then referenced an 1914 atlas (on the library of congress website), and although the print is tiny, it appears that there was a schoolhouse at that intersection.

Can any locals verify?

Poweshiek County

Which intersection (from what you found with google maps)?

If someone grabbed her and she put up a fight, it's hard to believe no one would see her. She was out before dusk!Sunset in that area is just past 9 p.m. I'm wondering if she has a slight build. I just wish they could have a big volunteer weekend and search barns, ditches and garages if allowed. Actually if they advertised this volunteer weekend on the website, they could get people from all over!!

BBM: PaulR, while I agree with you that it's hard to envision LE trawling through hundreds of thousands of IP addresses in this case, I'm going to go slightly O/T here and predict a time is coming in the not-too-distant future when this type of sweeping data pillage will be standard operating procedure. Our society is becoming increasingly and frighteningly Orwellian. To quote Winston Smith in "1984": "Down with Big Brother." JMO.

Oh, it's already here. Long before Snowden. What Alethea is talking about is called traffic analysis.

I'm not saying you couldn't utilize traffic analysis to help this case. I'm saying just looking at the number of IPs hitting a site - frankly that can be faked, very easily, and you could frame someone without that much work. Or even if you couldn't frame them, you could keep the cops busy long enough while you dispose of the evidence. I'm halfway convinced that this is exactly what happened in this case with WC. If it was a local, WC has "a history" and driving near his property - then turning off the cell phone - caused the cops to search his property and local property and questioned him; meanwhile in the past three weeks the perp drove to a car wash an hour away that nobody is going to connect the dots too. It works both ways.

My thoughts on the PC...LE is watching...waiting...building their case. My theory has not changed since I posted it last. I think their locations on that map are very telling and they have something that led them to those areas, whether it be data, tips, etc. I think LE knows exactly what they are doing and they are making very calculated moves. As some on the board have said, it's almost as if the PC was for the perp, a show of sorts. That map will make the perp nervous, especially not knowing where that info is coming from. Let us hope it scares them into talking, or at least someone in their inner circle. I think that's what this PC was for...
Bingo ! The new site map of the Truck Stops going South Towards WCs is known. Opinion - 385thAve./V622 is new to me and was put there for a reason. Possible cell phone/fitbit info spot........?

The one I posted was a side view of this building.
For sure, and I appreciate you posting it! I got confused and thought you were replying to my comment about a picture of the car wash lol! So I was just replying to you with the other, different image I saw. (...And also, I think this comment in and of itself is confusing to read. So let's just say: thank you for posting the photo you did!)

Interesting that the I-80 location of interest has a truck stop, a Dunkin Donuts, and trucking business, but no motel. There are motels several exits east and west. No interest there.

We’re going to have to send SharonNeedles on a Dunkin’ run to look for cameras at the truck stop. I will put in the mobile order now for two Boston Cream and a large iced coffee, hazelnut, the shot not the swirl, extra-extra, with a styrofoam cup over the plastic cup to keep the hand dry (we aren’t savages).

We’re going to have to send SharonNeedles on a Dunkin’ run to look for cameras at the truck stop. I will put in the mobile order now for two Boston Cream and a large iced coffee, hazelnut, the shot not the swirl, extra-extra, with a styrofoam cup over the plastic cup to keep the hand dry (we aren’t savages).
Someone sounds like they were a barista in a past life... ;)

LE doesn't know what to think, there is no evidence she is alive or deceased. No evidence means, no evidence. I think all the time; how can a POI really pull this off and not make a single mistake other POIs in other similar cases have made in the past....

No finger/footprints, no blood, no fluids, no vehicles, no digital footprint (the most shocking to me), no purse, no identity, no suspicious/change in behavior leading up to, no tracking, no bags packed up, no recent fight/break-up with the BF, no clues, no evidence, no money, no cash withdrawals, no google searches, no enemies, no crazy exes, no troubled past, no previous mental illness/medication to blame, no recent accidents to make her disoriented.

How the heck does a person just vanish in 2018!

If the person is a stranger to Mollie, and it was a crime of opportunity committed very quickly.....I can see how there are no clues to the abductor's identity. She was apparently taken while outside so there is no forensic evidence since the exact spot of the abduction is unknown. There is no connection between Mollie and her abductor to run down so where can LE even begin to look? As awful as it sounds...if her body can be located it may hold some kind of evidence.

Maybe it will end up being a local person, and LE has someone on their radar. I sure hope so.

ITA maybe combining both maps will make Mollie's route more clear
I wonder if those areas of interest are areas where Mollie's fitbit was traced to, or where a suspicious vehicle or person(s) was seen on camera or by a witness? Was any evidence found in any of those areas? Was the vehicle leaving the scene or entering it? Where did their paths cross?

When the drone flew overhead, there was the odd section with strong tire tracks in mud. Specifically the left side of the vehicle seemed to be losing control.

Where is that location in terms of the new map? Would those tire tracks be from a large truck? Perhaps she was fighting to get out (brother said she was a fighter) and that fight with the driver caused those tracks. And perhaps it may have caused damage to the vehicle or a super muddy vehicle which needed to be cleaned at the car wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo