Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goto Google maps. Look south of I80 in satellite view. Now just as ir goes around the bend look at that area there. Wonder if it's been searched

I believe that IF this was an abduction, she was taken directly from the home, probably after it got dark, for the reasons I stated above regarding her contacts. If they were in the case in solution i believe she had taken them out for the day. Also although we don't know this as fact, she MAY have been on her computer that night and may have sent the Snapchat between 9:00and 10:00. She may have been threatened with a gun, told to put the dogs away, and led out of the house, into a car, and down one of those dirt roads. Maybe the one that goes straight to Grinnel. There were heavy downpours that night and it is possible no one had seen or heard a thing.

In our town 5 is about the latestest I see unless they are running behind.
(An O/T side note for levity, the other day I was at the MMJ dispensary and a man came in his full delivery uniform (major company)...I asked him “they let you smoke pot and deliver packages?” He said “they’re supposed to random drug test but they never do”.)

Just a note about the contacts. In the beginning, Mollies mom said her glasses and contacts were still in the home. When she said "everything was where she left it", I took this to mean there was a pair of contacts soaking in the case. We don't know how many unopened pairs she had left, but according to her mom, they were all accounted for. As a contact lense wearer for 25 years, I would never go for a jog or even walk down the hall without contacts or glasses. I never wore contacts while on a jog, for AS an obstetrician on this site stated, they become dried out from wind as you run. Not to mention dust particles and pollen getting in your eyes. I always wore prescription sunglasses. My vision must be similar to Mollies, as she couldn't see without them, that is how I describe my eyesight as well. Her glasses and contacts were in the house. If I were going away, even for a weekend, I would bring extra pairs ( as they sometimes rip) and certainly my case, solution, and glasses. It appears as if she was not wearing anything, if she went missing on her jog, and didn't make it back to the house. Why would she do this? This is the one thing that has just never made sense to me.
I get your inquiries. I had some questions about why she would be running in the first place considering what was stated as her asthma triggers which is over-heating. Which is bound to happen when you run. It's unavoidable.
<modsnipped not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that IF this was an abduction, she was taken directly from the home, probably after it got dark, for the reasons I stated above regarding her contacts. If they were in the case in solution i believe she had taken them out for the day. Also although we don't know this as fact, she MAY have been on her computer that night and may have sent the Snapchat between 9:00and 10:00. She may have been threatened with a gun, told to put the dogs away, and led out of the house, into a car, and down one of those dirt roads. Maybe the one that goes straight to Grinnel. There were heavy downpours that night and it is possible no one had seen or heard a thing.
I think the dogs would have been more distressed when they found them if this were the case.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2018/08/wayne-cheney-mollie-tibbetts/amp/

A review by Heavy of Iowa court records shows the following cases for WC, not counting minor traffic cases:

• Contempt violation of no contact or protective order. Guilty. 2011. Jasper County. He paid a fine.
  • Stalking, violation of protection order. Guilty. 2014. 2 years probation. Marion County.
  • Another contempt violation of no contact or protective order, but this case in 2014 was dismissed. Marion County.
  • Harassment third degree. This 2015 case was dismissed. Iowa County.
  • Improper use of media, curb or acc facility. 2015. Iowa County. Guilty. Fine.
  • Burglary third degree, dismissed, 2009. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment third degree, dismissed. 2009. Poweshiek County.
  • Interference with official acts, 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Contempt violation of no contact or protection order. 2010. Dismissed. Poweshiek County.
  • Stalking, violation of protection order was charged but he was adjudicated of harassment first degree 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment by communication. 1996. Poweshiek County.
  • Criminal trespass. 1996. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment by personal contact. This case was dismissed. 1996. Poweshiek County.
  • Contempt violation of no contact or protective order. 2010. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment second degree. 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
<mod changed full name to initials>

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming Mollie may have been doing her homework at around 9:45 pm. Where was she when she was doing her homework?
If she was doing her homework, with what IP address did she log into the University of Iowa?
I ask because several threads back I mentioned seeing a message on SM where someone claimed to be an administrator of some sort at the U of Iowa who noticed an odd login to Mollie's account. I believe this was a valid claim because when I looked this person up, I found a message where someone was asking the same person (further back in time) to help them with a problem they were having with their password.
Did anybody else see the message?
Could this tie in with MT's mom being asked if Mollie was in a home at that time?
Might this have been the cause for her dad's optimism at the time?

Wow! Have not seen this reported before

also news reports about car wash providing video and card transactions but I don't remember where it was from to even look for that report

I’m trying to keep up with the threads but hard. Idk if this was discussed before but my thought is that no one goes to Brooklyn just randomly....not the kind of place to just happen upon one day and definitely not a tourist attraction. I’m pretty sure it was a stranger or semi-stranger to Mollie but they had a reason to be in Brooklyn that day. Seems it wouldn’t be work since someone noted that people living there mostly work elsewhere. I can understand that as it is the same where I live. So what reason does someone end up in Brooklyn on a random Wednesday night? They live there or something was going on that evening. Not sure what and know this doesn’t help at all. Just thinking out loud.

Why are posts circling back to casting suspicion and encouraging sleuthing of the family? These type of posts are against our TOS. thanks

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Reminder: Discussion of any information, content or sleuthing that is against our TOS can be discussed privately in conversations. Please do not ask to be invited out on the open board.

We don't know he got one. We are going on his word since it disappears after 10 seconds

I mean, true that WE don't know, but there is a conversation log that can be accessed through the app. Which, if we assume that this is her last communication, I would imagine that LE took a look at.

I need someone to point me in the right direction.

Has there been any LE statement regarding Mollie being in a house at 9:45?
All I can recall, is a comment from Mollie's Mom.
It was something to do with homework, IIRC

Good points! I’m asthmatic, however, running/strenuous exercise isn’t a trigger. However, I have to reach for my inhaler if I encounter someone smoking (even outside) or certain household cleaners (Pine Sol). Mollie has been running a long time obviously not something she just started to get someone’s attention.
It depends on her triggers. Which she reported as getting too hot. I get that. Overheating is a by-product of running, just as much as being in a hot home which is the excuse she used for staying elsewhere.

Just a note about the contacts. In the beginning, Mollies mom said her glasses and contacts were still in the home. When she said "everything was where she left it", I took this to mean there was a pair of contacts soaking in the case. We don't know how many unopened pairs she had left, but according to her mom, they were all accounted for. As a contact lense wearer for 25 years, I would never go for a jog or even walk down the hall without contacts or glasses. I never wore contacts while on a jog, for AS an obstetrician on this site stated, they become dried out from wind as you run. Not to mention dust particles and pollen getting in your eyes. I always wore prescription sunglasses. My vision must be similar to Mollies, as she couldn't see without them, that is how I describe my eyesight as well. Her glasses and contacts were in the house. If I were going away, even for a weekend, I would bring extra pairs ( as they sometimes rip) and certainly my case, solution, and glasses. It appears as if she was not wearing anything, if she went missing on her jog, and didn't make it back to the house. Why would she do this? This is the one thing that has just never made sense to me.

I so agree with you that it does not make sense. It really bugs me because my gut says that she got home and took those contacts out. I just can't let go of that possibility even though I am open to the others.

I have worn contacts since I was a teenager (1982) and I have been a runner since then. I alway run with contacts and never have a problem with them. I do keep a pair of shades on my head while running for sun and/or rain. I rarely have dust issues, but the shades work great for that if needed. I am one of those people that puts my contacts in the minute I wake up and I don't remove them until I go to bed. My husband is different. He does not tolerate them well and dust, etc. bothers him more than it does me. He only wears his occasionally, and when he does he doesn't leave them in as long.

Wow! Have not seen this reported before
I posted about it at the time I saw it, but I might have made the mistake of including a screenshot and mentioning the site I found it on. I believe my post was deleted, but I didn't think of it again until I saw kkdj's post. I am trying to find the screenshot (which I won't post on here again) but I'm afraid I have deleted it by now.
I might have only included a photo of the location the IP address took me to, I don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper