Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fair, which was in Grinnell, was more of a judging jellies, jams and farm animals. There wasn't a carnival or carnies. There was a human foosball activity that sounded fun. :)

Fair
So if we take the fair out of the equation as no one there is traveling a random 15 miles to kidnap someone (why not kidnap someone at or near the fair) why did someone come to Brooklyn THAT night? That is my question.

From the PC, "We are asking everyone to reflect back on the days prior to disappearance in hopes of recalling details about any persons or vehicles in the area," says Mitch Mortvet of the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation.“

So they must have reason to believe that someone came in days prior and cased the town.
A press conference is for the purpose of COMMUNICATION>
If they had communicated effectively, there would be no guessing necessary.

You also have a NAPA store which, if it is like the one in my small town, sees a lot of frequent "runners." Guys who solely drive a car for the purpose of going to the local NAPA to pick up parts to take back to their mechanic shops.

Could be other, similar, businesses, where people drive in frequently to pick things up.

Farm equipment/tires repair service. They do on-site repairs.

Didn't LE also tell the Delphi IN community they didn't think they were in danger? My Gosh 2 girls were murdered! Does LE just think a murderer wanders off after their crime? What would stop them from coming back if they had relatives or friends or business there? I'm not understanding this attitude. I trust LE knows more than we do and wouldn't be reckless with their words to the communities.

It could possibly be, what I discussed previously:. Perp is currently in custody, on unrelated charges now. Therefore, no threat to public. But LE still searching for evidence, from public assistance, to be able to charge perp. If this were to be the case, perhaps the missing evidence, is MT'S body. And that is all they need, to move the charges forward?
It's been about three weeks now. LE could have developed a perp, quite some time ago. But still need .the other missing evidence.

I am not saying, that this is occurring in this case. Just an explanation for why LE might calm the public's safety concerns, when these factors are present.

did the jogger in the attempted abduction have public sm as well?

Thats a great question because there has been some speculation about different SM that a random perp could monitor to find out the general location of somebody if they mistakingly gave that away on SM.

Whether it be a SM jogging site that joggers share or snapchat or even FB there could have been ways for a perp to find out where someone was.

I know on the Delphi case there was much discussion about Snapchat and Geocaching websites because the bridge happened to have a stored cache that geocachers could find. And there was discussion in that case that they may have went to the bridge for that reason.

Maybe for joggers there is another SM site that has yet to be identified. Or maybe Fitbit has its own or something.

Geocaching

I dont know if the escaped jogger has given any more information about what happened to her other than whats already been reported in the news.

other than a hit and run/dump (ugh honestly talking out this happening to such a lovely person just really messes with me , this is just so screwed up ) , what other incidents would necessitate cleaning a vehicle?

An abduction and sexual assault would cause a vehicle to have the need to be cleaned inside. Cleaning outside evidence if an assault happened on the outside of the car? I don't want to be graphic but think Law & Order scene.

I'll repeat 1987's yes.
If there is wifi that isn't password protected, is a free hotspot for her carrier, or is wifi she had stored the password for.

That is interesting.
So if someone was looking into her records, it would appear that she was or could be on line . But that doesn't mean she was home at that time.

Didn't LE also tell the Delphi IN community they didn't think they were in danger? My Gosh 2 girls were murdered! Does LE just think a murderer wanders off after their crime? What would stop them from coming back if they had relatives or friends or business there? I'm not understanding this attitude. I trust LE knows more than we do and wouldn't be reckless with their words to the communities.

I'm sure LE knows more than we do, but I don't take them saying that there is no danger to the community "per se" to mean that they either have a POI or that the person who did it is someone close to her. It just means they don't think it is a spree killer/rapist/abductor or anything like that. In situations like this I'm sure everyone in the town is already on edge - a sweet girl from their town just basically vanished. As someone has said before, Brooklyn (IA) would be one of the worst places in the world to commit a crime similar to this one right now. There are already 30-40 agents including FBI investigating a crime in town, and residents are surely on high alert. It would be pretty tough to get away with this again and I think the perp knows that.

Plus I've never really understood the whole "danger to the community" thing. Of course there are dangers to the community! There are bad apples in every single city in America! Doesn't mean you need to carry a gun and threaten to shoot anyone who tries to talk to you. But you should be aware of your surroundings just like always. One crime doesn't change that.

That is interesting.
So if someone was looking into her records, it would appear that she was or could be on line . But that doesn't mean she was home at that time.
yes. I don't know about apple but a android can and will even without a sims card

So if we take the fair out of the equation as no one there is traveling a random 15 miles to kidnap someone (why not kidnap someone at or near the fair) why did someone come to Brooklyn THAT night? That is my question.
I’m only saying this because I recall a conference I went to in BFE Texas and went to dinner alone. I asked the waitress if there was anything interesting going on in the area. She pointed out a turkey bowling challenge near by that I ended up going to for no other reason than nothing to do. I would have never happened upon that place on my own. Hopefully someone remembers giving some advice like this if there was something going on there that night.

Can’t figure out how to remove.. so delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member