Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that were true, you’d see something like that at a much later point. Mollie’s disappearance is paramount, and any corruption investigation would not be timed in the immediate aftermath of such a potentially serious crime.
Preeminent, yes, but also concurrent. LE would be at the same time considering all angles, including the local 'syndicate' of some type, or other, criminal endeavor angle. MOO

I’m confused about the School shirts I’ve seen multiple posts about on this thread and perhaps I’ve missed something explaining this interest so apologies if I have but, I live in a small town and this is nothing unusual. High school and college level sports/schools are a big thing and strongly supported in the south and a lot of small towns alike. I could leave my house right now and at bare minimum find a handful + of current students, graduated students and adults all wearing our local high schools t shirts so I don’t find this uncommon or even noteworthy. Perhaps Brooklyn is a town much like mine where folks are more(or equally) proud of the local HS they attended than college if they went. Can a local confirm if that’s the spirit of Brooklyn?

People in more urban areas just don't get the connection many of us in small towns have with the local sports teams. I have no specific knowledge of Brooklyn itself, but in this general area it's no unusual at all for people of all ages to wear apparel showing support of the local high school team. My mom went to every home game at the local school in my hometown up until she passed away at 89, and she had a closet full of clothing with the school mascot. And she was pretty typical.

I agree with your assessment that she very well might have been dead at that point, but I personally doubt he cleaned the car at that point. Most post offense behavior involves first getting out of dodge, or atleast that immediate area. You don’t want to stay around to clean your car right after killing someone. I think that any car washing, or vacuuming would come later that night, at a more distant location, or the following day. It’s certainly possible, but I’m not a fan of that theory.
Sorry to repeat what I just posted, but I saw your post after. Remember that when Blaze Bernstein was killed the perp went to get a car wash the next day, stayed in the area, and visited the crime scene (park) multiple times. You don't want to stay around to clean your car right after killing someone, logically, but they aren't always thinking logically.

True. The rain is important in regard to any external evidence being washed away. I just can’t imagine he would kill Mollie then wash his car right in town. It is completely reckless. Nothing is outside the realm of possibility though.

True, but stopping to hose down and clean out a vehicle is a good way to make room for a victim in the vehicle, and to get a sense of what's going on in the sleeping community of Brooklyn.

I'm still leaning toward this being an abduction by someone unfamiliar to MT but not necessarily vice-versa. The perp may know MT from having seen her running a few times through the streets of Brooklyn. Somewhat planned, as a crime of opportunity.

The perp is not necessarily a local but is familiar with the area, perhaps their job brings them to/through Brooklyn on a semi-regular or rare basis. The perp might also have been a resident of Brooklyn at one time but had relocated (for employment purposes) within the past year. The perp might have visited family (not necessarily in Brooklyn but in proximity) that week.

I do not subscribe to the "being kept alive" scenario although I remain open to accepting that possibility. I do not believe the perp would want a victim/witness to remain alive.

It’s not uncommon for people from small towns to identify with school mascot/sports teams long after they have graduated. I moved away to go to school and have lived on both coasts since I graduated almost 50 years ago but remain a loyal Husky to this day. Not unusual for people to wear clothing with school mascot as a sign of unity and community support.
I did think of this too. I also thought though that if I was going to be on TV I might want to dress up a bit. Who knows...all of our theories are just that, theories. When you have limited info to go on, you start grasping at any little straws possible. Hopefully we will know soon enough what theories are correct and Mollie will be home safe!

People in more urban areas just don't get the connection many of us in small towns have with the local sports teams. I have no specific knowledge of Brooklyn itself, but in this general area it's no unusual at all for people of all ages to wear apparel showing support of the local high school team. My mom went to every home game at the local school in my hometown up until she passed away at 89, and she had a closet full of clothing with the school mascot. And she was pretty typical.

I've been so confused about why people area making comments about the high school mascot. My boyfriend is from a town not too far from Brooklyn which is all cornfields and has a population of 7,000 people. He wears his high school gear on a regularly basis, as do his friends.

Sorry to repeat what I just posted, but I saw your post after. Remember that when Blaze Bernstein was killed the perp went to get a car wash the next day, stayed in the area, and visited the crime scene (park) multiple times. You don't want to stay around to clean your car right after killing someone, logically, but they aren't always thinking logically.
Absolutely true, especially with an inexperienced and younger offender. I’ve previously drawn parallels with that case and this one, because of the potential correlation between social media data to the investigation. Especially Snapchat.

Yeah, it's basically all there is to do in small midwestern towns and if you aren't in that crowd you aren't "in". It's pretty serious business.

I did think of this too. I also thought though that if I was going to be on TV I might want to dress up a bit. Who knows...all of our theories are just that, theories. When you have limited info to go on, you start grasping at any little straws possible. Hopefully we will know soon enough what theories are correct and Mollie will be home safe!
This isn't supposed to sound as rude as it reads, but I wouldn't care about dressing up a bit for TV if someone that I love is missing. I think appearance would be the last of most people's concerns.

I wouldn’t imagine even a worst case scenario here would result in a bloodbath in or on a car... keep it real.
It wouldn’t have to be a significant amount of blood, just something in connection to a struggle. It’s not just blood of course, but fingerprints and hair inside the car.

True, but stopping to hose down and clean out a vehicle is a good way to make room for a victim in the vehicle, and to get a sense of what's going on in the sleeping community of Brooklyn.
True. But I’m just referring to what is typical in post offense behavior, not what is possible.

It wouldn’t have to be a significant amount of blood, just something in connection to a struggle. It’s not just blood of course, but fingerprints and hair inside the car.
None of which would result in a detectable spike in water usage - which is the comment I was still pondering when I typed that.

I agree with your assessment that she very well might have been dead at that point, but I personally doubt he cleaned the car at that point. Most post offense behavior involves first getting out of dodge, or atleast that immediate area. You don’t want to stay around to clean your car right after killing someone. I think that any car washing, or vacuuming would come later that night, at a more distant location, or the following day. It’s certainly possible, but I’m not a fan of that theory.

BBM: Agree with this wholeheartedly, MG. I also think it most likely the perp cleaned his own vehicle vs. taking it to a car wash. I hope LE is requesting/reviewing video from all car washes with cameras within a 50-mile radius to see if anybody spent an inordinate amount of time vacuuming/shampooing the interior of their car/trunk on July 19th.

Because somebody on Facebook thinks there’s a serial killer that lives in Brooklyn. Color me unimpressed.
From my understanding that occurred in Indiana. Is there any rationale to even a baseless connection between these cases, besides Snapchat? Again as someone who uses Snapchat very often, I think any connections between these two cases based on Snapchat alone is just coincidental and due to a misunderstanding of how the social media app works.

Absolutely. Iowa is awash in yellow & black, & images of HERKY, that darn bird you see in the form of statues all over. I've lived all over, but that yellow/black clothing thing is srsly cultish. To me, an outsider. It gets to you. You start buying the clothing too. (All this week I've been wearing my Iowa ballcap.) What does this have to do with Mollie? These sports team clothes, decals, cups, blankets are so ubiquitous, they're almost culturally necessary in Iowa. You can fit in or not. Socially the norm. In fact, an outsider would run the chance of standing out more were he not adorned as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaseyBee