Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Highway Serial Killings Initiative

I 80 has been analyzed and has many links to articles about people missing. The last one I can recall is an elderly man and his dog in northern Nevada. His car was found. Not the dog or man. If you’re interested I can research the list.
What about a list 150 miles west, and 150 miles east, from Brooklyn along I-80? I mean, let's say a certain number of miles off the interstate. Whatever you think or want to research if you'd like. Should we go with 30 miles? So, at most, one 1/2 hour off the interstate where people have disappeared or been mysteriously killed. I don't know if this writing is clear. Sure, research away! :D

Yes, this is the same time FBI was called in. I also can’t get past the fact that the call for something recovered/found on Pershing near her boyfriends home had no responding agency listed and if I am recalling correctly, it was one of, if not THE ONLY thing listed without the agency.
Thanks for any help! I am not able to build from here until later tonight, so I will try to make some sense. :)

After rewatching the press conference and looking at the maps, I've sadly changed my mind. I think she was dead and the perp had washed his car and left town before 10p that night...

Would it be fair to assume that the FBI asked for and received the D&M CCTV and any related transaction info before the end of July i.e. within a day or two of them getting involved?

So if they have had this info for over 2 weeks what does it tells us? Surely any/all users of D&M those days (18th/19th) would have been questioned by now?

Not if they did not have the info that led them there until recently...perhaps the car wash location is based on data from her phone/Fitbit and they just received that info which prompted them to bring it up in the PC and list it on the map. A warrant for data wouldn't necessarily be approved in days, it could take a week or two (someone more knowledgeable in this area can chime in here). So it's quite possible they didn't even know to look there or get info from the owners if it wasn't even on their radar yet.

There were a few interviews the brothers did in which they were always wearing their high school football team mascot. It was a Bears t-shirt. I didn’t think much of it but then I saw DJ wearing one in an interview shortly after. It makes you wonder a bit. DJ has a certain amount of confidence in his answers that makes me think the family has been given some kind of hope.
I hope that is the case. I think RT brings out the hope in others. He's very positive.

I’m confused about the School shirts I’ve seen multiple posts about on this thread and perhaps I’ve missed something explaining this interest so apologies if I have but, I live in a small town and this is nothing unusual. High school and college level sports/schools are a big thing and strongly supported in the south and a lot of small towns alike. I could leave my house right now and at bare minimum find a handful + of current students, graduated students and adults all wearing our local high schools t shirts so I don’t find this uncommon or even noteworthy. Perhaps Brooklyn is a town much like mine where folks are more(or equally) proud of the local HS they attended than college if they went. Can a local confirm if that’s the spirit of Brooklyn?

teachers, coaches, school administrators. May not live in the area but come in for work, may know Mollie, may feel some pull when LE talks so much about school and when the family wears t-shirts with the school mascot.
May be why the FBI wants to get involved because they are around other young people.

I'm responding here for my own use too, but is this also the date/time that the heavy and aggressive FBI presence was called in? I keep wondering how it went from 1 agent to 30-40FBI?
I'm curious what changed? So what did LE find at the Kwik Star?

Notes to self; Pulled from previous post and thread showing date of FBI coming in to Brooklyn in response.

jmo
Could it be that the increase in agents has nothing to do with Mollie? Maybe they uncovered some type of corruption in this small town. Several of us have stated that we feel something is askew in this small town? Incidental findings?

After rewatching the press conference and looking at the maps, I've sadly changed my mind. I think she was dead and the perp had washed his car and left town before 10p that night...
I agree with your assessment that she very well might have been dead at that point, but I personally doubt he cleaned the car at that point. Most post offense behavior involves first getting out of dodge, or atleast that immediate area. You don’t want to stay around to clean your car right after killing someone. I think that any car washing, or vacuuming would come later that night, at a more distant location, or the following day. It’s certainly possible, but I’m not a fan of that theory.

I want to preface this theory by saying I believe Mollie was taken by someone she knows. However, I do have a theory suggests a stranger abduction. Please bear with me as this is longer than I wanted it to be, but have much information to share. I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts on it.

There was much talk during the Elizabeth and Lyric case about construction going on nearby, I believe on Hwy 20. On their thread #18, a poster mentioned that they were staying at a nearby campground the weekend after the girls went missing & it was almost full. They had been told that many of the construction workers were staying there while on the job. The possibility that a construction worker took the girls was discussed a lot on their threads.

So I was looking at the DCI map for Mollie yesterday, specifically the red areas south and southeast of Brooklyn. Since there are two areas in this direction, I was thinking that possibly the perp traveled from the south either on the way to Brooklyn or back, or both.

I then went to the Iowa DOT website and looked up current construction projects. Interestingly enough, there is a current highway construction project in Sigourney, approximately 40 miles southeast of Brooklyn. There’s also a campground called Belva Deer Recreation Area near Sigourney. Looking at the DCI map, the 2 shaded areas to the south of Brooklyn would be great areas for the perp to travel from if they were coming from there.

Google Maps shows 3 routes from the Sigourney area to Brooklyn. One route via B Ave can be thrown out as a possibility as you have to travel further east. The first route suggested is via Hwy 21, which is 8-10 miles due west of Sigourney & the campground, respectively. The perp could hop on Hwy 21 & go north, head west on I80 and get off of I80 at 398/V18, which is a straight shot north to Brooklyn. This exit is where the southern shaded area is on the map that mentions the area of the TA Truck Stop. The third route suggest by Google Maps is via V18. Again, perp heads west to Hwy 21. While this route on the map has you get off on 420th St and go west to V18, it looks like you could just as easily get off at 430th St and go west until you hit V18. Once at V18, its a straight shot north to Brooklyn (and this route has you go through the TA Truck Stop area as well). The southeastern area shaded on the map is on 430th St between Hwy 21 and V18, so along this suggested route.

So, let’s say a construction worker gets off work around 4:30 or 5 and travels to Brooklyn to commit some evil deed (maybe going further away from his home base to deflect suspicion). It would take about 45 minutes to an hour to get to Brooklyn. He trolls around a bit in Brooklyn, maybe even the TA Truck Stop or other towns before getting to Brooklyn. He sees Mollie around 7:30pm and then takes her to the northeastern shaded area. Once done, he goes north a few miles to Hwy 6 going east, then takes Hwy 21 all the way south. Back at the campground around 10pm and no one thinks anything of it.
I think it is something very similar to that. Not necessarily a construction worker, but a local. And the uppermost red area on the map is where her fitbit last registered activity.

Could it be that the increase in agents has nothing to do with Mollie? Maybe they uncovered some type of corruption in this small town. Several of us have stated that we feel something is askew in this small town? Incidental findings?
If that were true, you’d see something like that at a much later point. Mollie’s disappearance is paramount, and any corruption investigation would not be timed to coincide with the immediate aftermath of such a potentially serious crime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member