Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
agree. there has to be certain settings in place. but if you are on a limited data plan those settings could be in place easy. and the router it connected to , if it did, could still identify the phone without a sims card. just turned on and settings to connect automaticly

SSIDs (for those unfamiliar, that's the network ID: "Service Set ID") have to have been saved to the phone's network list for auto-connect. I can't imagine MT would have configured her phone for guest networks found around town.

I think things like this are very useful. I know back on the McStay case I ended up doing something similar. Those threads were a free for all and everyone under the sun was accused of being involved and I wanted to try to bring some focus to it. I gathered every case I could find where someone intentionally killed an entire family. And as I recall, I was able to sort those into four distinct categories. Three didn't seem to fit the known facts of the McStay case, and that left one possibility: I'd found a very small number of cases where business associates who felt they'd been double crossed had taken out their revenge in this way.

I had been completely on the fence about who did it before that, but I decided that I'd focus more on the business associate angle after that, and that's who police eventually arrested.
This case definitely needs that kind of breakdown.

Cops Believe Mollie Tibbetts’ Abductor Attended Vigil For Missing Student

I think Radar is an approved MSM site, if not my advanced apologies.
Radar isn't typically a MSM site. Their game is to pay people for tabloid or sensationalist stories. That said, I sure hope they are right here. If MT is alive and being held, it would not surprise me if the abductor went to a vigil for her. Ariel Castro attended at least two vigils for the girls he abducted and held in captivity.

That would certainly lend to the stalker/obsessive person who didn't want to harm MT but possess and have her.

Yes, on 7/23 the state police and sheriffs office responded to a Kwik Star truck stop on highway 21 just off of I-80 for something listed as recovered/found.
I'm responding here for my own use too, but is this also the date/time that the heavy and aggressive FBI presence was called in? I keep wondering how it went from 1 agent to 30-40FBI?
I'm curious what changed? So what did LE find at the Kwik Star?

Notes to self; Pulled from previous post and thread showing date of FBI coming in to Brooklyn in response.
Mollie Tibbetts: FBI hopeful Fitbit, social media accounts can help locate missing college student What happened in these early days and alerted local LE to call in the FBI? Any why such a strong and aggressive number of FBI? I do think that local LE was spot on to ask FBI to come in quickly.
Most cases are lucky to get that 1 fbi agent who does support. I mean how many cases have we followed where we hope and beg LE to get involved before too much time passes. We all realistically know these outcomes. But, with each new case we support the family and try to have "hope".

July 23rd
Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery
FBI joins hunt for missing University of Iowa student
FBI joins hunt for missing University of Iowa student
Mollie Tibbetts: FBI hopeful Fitbit, social media accounts can help locate missing college student
additional FBI agents were on their way to join in. What started out as one agent on the case has quickly turned into numerous joining in to help find Mollie.

“That turned into approximately 15 FBI agents,” Calderwood said. “In my morning brief this morning, I have been told there’s more on the way.”
jmo
jmo

I’m only saying this because I recall a conference I went to in BFE Texas and went to dinner alone. I asked the waitress if there was anything interesting going on in the area. She pointed out a turkey bowling challenge near by that I ended up going to for no other reason than nothing to do. I would have never happened upon that place on my own. Hopefully someone remembers giving some advice like this if there was something going on there that night.

Is "BFE" Texas down the road from Fan Belt Iowa?

The google map pics are from 2013 and don't show the cameras. We know there are presently cameras from the interview with the owner (turned over video and receipts).
Use SharonNeedles video #4 on page 1 to see an updated view with the white cameras, just under the roof.

I am going to try sending a pm to you because I don't know how to put a pic here

Re; Android... only if Wifi is enabled.
I don't know anything about iPhones, but I have an Android phone with Wifi enabled. I have Wifi at home through my cable provider (Comcast) and Wifi at work. I also have 'Smart network switch' enabled. When I look at my Wifi settings at home, I see all of the available Wifi networks in range (I'm sure that some of those are my neighbors' and that they are password protected like mine.) When I am at work, my phone automatically connects to the work Wifi network. The Wifi settings screen also shows me all of the Wifi networks that I've ever connected to; for example, the Wifi for a hotel on a recent trip.
I assume that iPhones have similar capabilities.

There may be better shots in my videos as I know I drove by more than once, but in Video 3 at about 12:50 you can see that there is a security camera above the change dispenser that doesn’t appear in the Google Map images.

On other Google images (from 2015) I believe I see 4 cameras: two on the south (front) side of the building, two on the west ('left') side of the building.

I don't know anything about iPhones, but I have an Android phone with Wifi enabled. I have Wifi at home through my cable provider (Comcast) and Wifi at work. I also have 'Smart network switch' enabled. When I look at my Wifi settings at home, I see all of the available Wifi networks in range (I'm sure that some of those are my neighbors' and that they are password protected like mine.) When I am at work, my phone automatically connects to the work Wifi network. The Wifi settings screen also shows me all of the Wifi networks that I've ever connected to; for example, the Wifi for a hotel on a recent trip.

Yes.
Mine is the same
Home, work, hairdresser , hotels etc

A meth head would probably be a disorganized offender and would probably leave a mountain of evidence. I can't see Mollie's abductor being a meth head.

Eh, what evidence? She wasn't carrying much with her. What evidence would there be? There was well over 2 inches of rain in Brooklyn, IA overnight between July 18th/19th which surely would wash away any trace evidence. Not saying I think that is what happened, but it certainly can't be ruled out.

The state of Iowa is right in the middle of it. Probably trucks carrying corn/corn products, livestock to east coast docks for north/south distribution & export,
Highway Serial Killings Initiative

I 80 has been analyzed and has many links to articles about people missing. The last one I can recall is an elderly man and his dog in northern Nevada. His car was found. Not the dog or man. If you’re interested I can research the list.

Whoa whoa whoa!! This is a very interesting article! I know I’m all over the place today but someone brought up the brothers and DJ wearing their high school mascot football t-shirts in interviews. Maybe that was something after all?

Which article are you referring to?

There were a few interviews the brothers did in which they were always wearing their high school football team mascot. It was a Bears t-shirt. I didn’t think much of it but then I saw DJ wearing one in an interview shortly after. It makes you wonder a bit. DJ has a certain amount of confidence in his answers that makes me think the family has been given some kind of hope.
I also recall the friend of Mollie who mentioned not receiving the typical "Fact of the Day" Snapchat was wearing one as well. It caught my attention. I don't remember where I saw that video.

There may be better shots in my videos as I know I drove by more than once, but in Video 3 at about 12:50 you can see that there is a security camera above the change dispenser that doesn’t appear in the Google Map images.
It does appear in the Google map images and you just have to know how to angle the Google car coming down 2nd street. If you look at it before you get to Clay Street from 2nd Street the car wash is complete. If you advance across Clay and get right in front of the car wash the car wash isn't finished yet and none of the signage and cameras are visible.

I am going to try sending a pm to you because I don't know how to put a pic here
Click on "upload file" once you've save a photo to your hard drive. Locate the photo and upload it and then double click it.

I'm responding here for my own use too, but is this also the date/time that the heavy and aggressive FBI presence was called in? I keep wondering how it went from 1 agent to 30-40FBI?
I'm curious what changed? So what did LE find at the Kwik Star?

Notes to self; Pulled from previous post and thread showing date of FBI coming in to Brooklyn in response.

jmo

I think this is a very interesting connection. Probably not a coincidence.

Radar isn't typically a MSM site. Their game is to pay people for tabloid or sensationalist stories. That said, I sure hope they are right here. If MT is alive and being held, it would not surprise me if the abductor went to a vigil for her. Ariel Castro attended at least two vigils for the girls he abducted and held in captivity.

That would certainly lend to the stalker/obsessive person who didn't want to harm MT but possess and have her.

Ariel Castro beat the girls, starved them and repeatedly raped and berated them. It is all about control. He harmed them repeatedly. No one should think that if Mollie is being held against her will that the perp isn't harming her!

x

I have an iPhone 8. This is a quote from the wi-fi network page. "Known networks will be joined automatically. If no known networks are available, you will have to manually select a network."

So if you have previously logged on to a wi-fi network, your iPhone will automatically connect again without a prompt if you are within range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring