Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this will help to bring Mollie home to her family, even if it’s not the way they would like. Is Cedar Rapids far from Brooklyn ?

Half hour away, maybe a little more than that. Good sized city, probably thousands of people with Fitbits. Chances of it being hers are about as slim as they could possible be, but you never know.

Fibit found Cedar Rapids post
Fitbit found on nw side

Every little thing has to be looked into.
My only hesitation with this listing is that the area it was found in has a park with walking trails right next to it. Someone losing their FitBit there is not out of the question at all.

That being said, I hope someone submitted this for it to be checked out.

Be real here people. LE really hasn’t asked for any help solving this. They are seeking witnesses for prosecution purposes. What happened is known. The Who is known. They are seeking the how, when, and maybe the why.

This doesn't make sense. How in the world could they be so sure about the who and still not at least have a good idea of the how, when, and why? The how and when usually come before knowing who. And the information they are asking for suggests they don't know who. You look for things like changes in behavior, etc. like they have asked for when you are still trying to identify someone, not when you already know who they are.

Maybe she would only let her brother know if she needed the car otherwise it was assumed she didn't
About the car.

I can't remember all that I have read in all of these threads.

For me, I think it has morphed into she was picking up the car just because we know they shared one and there has been nothing said about how she was getting to work and then the brother's text.

Opinion/thought all becomes fact after awhile.
Hope I haven't confused anyone

JMO
she

Is there a consolidated list somewhere of those who have been cleared and are off limits to speak of?

No one ever said if she planned to pick up the car that night as far as I know. It sounds like lots of things were up in the air, and that no one was especially concerned not to hear from Molly presumably after her mom around 7:30pm. I think this is odd only because she seemingly did not text call or message any friends, BF, brother or anyone all evening, or in the morning, yet no one was alarmed. I struggle to see this as normal for any 20-yr old.
If I see my sister at 5:30 pm and she doesn't text me in the evening and I know she has to work all day the next day, I wouldn't be surprised to not receive a text until the next evening. Same thing if it were my friend or even my boyfriend (especially if I saw that snap at 10pm) If it were my daughter and she didn't say 'I'll be over after my jog' instead of just 'ok'. I wouldn't think she necessarily thought brats were a great idea that night. I may think 'huh, I thought she was coming' but if it's basically a standing invite I'm not sure I'd dwell on it. (Also, no one knows what time the mom leaves for work, maybe before Mollie, so if the car was still there in the morning why would that matter?)
Now, if all her family and friends got together at say 11pm and said - no one has heard from Mollie since 7:30 that MAY throw up red flags. Barring that, isn't that just a typical evening? They all thought she was going to work at 6:30 then the fair - I bet no one expected to hear from her necessarily.
So it's not shocking that no one heard from her in my opinion. Until work called DJ around noon?

NHWF---Need help with facts

It has been
mentioned that Mollie was supposed to have dinner with mom and never showed
Now I hear she also was supposed to pick-up car.

Mother did not call when she missed dinner , ok, did she also not call after she did not get there for the car?...….and if so why did Mom not check in with Mollie that night to find out why she never showed.

Just saying--I know I would be on the phone the minute dinner was ready and my child didn't show with no call from them.
Don't get me started on still not calling Mollie after the car was not picked up.

Isn't that a strange thing or was their a reason she had no concern.

With all due respect families handle things differently. My 83 year old mother, may God rest her precious soul, was extremely concerned if I didn’t call at the time she expected me to arrive at our home 6 hours away. However, I don’t find it unusual, concerning or suspicious that MT’s mom and brother did not followup with her. Mom works and is the mother of three young adults. Everyone does things their own way.

The surveillance cameras at the truck stop and car wash could be used to prove or disprove someone's alibi. Say someone said they weren't in Brooklyn, but they are seen on camera.
could be. cameras don't lie. they may miss seeing something, but if they did record something or someone there is no denying it. at best date could be disputed. digital devices pinging leaves the question of who had the device. moo

Apparently, the perp didn't call her. Wouldn't a call be recorded and lead right to a suspect, based on it?
I think that was when she was texting her mom about dinner. He didn't say she was on the phone, just that she had her phone, I believe. She may also have been looking for a song to play or texting someone else. There is no evidence that the perp called her or he didn't.

Sharing a car with your brother sucks. All these people are working and she still wasn't able to get help with a minor 3k vehicle purchase for basic back and forth traveling? You can get a basic car on Craigslist for $2k.

So maybe she just got tired of needing to ask people for favors and thought about starting a relationship with someone more financially stable. Idk

Has it ever been stated as a fact that the Mom know DJ and the others were out of town?

Hi Mr. Obvious,
I sure have heard that saying ,but in this case (for me at least , it is the "elephant in the room"
Someone should have been trying to contact Mollie , don't you think. LE could have been on this case hours earlier if someone was trying to contact her and was unable to.

With all due respect families handle things differently. My 83 year old mother, may God rest her precious soul, was extremely concerned if I didn’t call at the time she expected me to arrive at our home 6 hours away. However, I don’t find it unusual, concerning or suspicious that MT’s mom and brother did not followup with her. Mom works and is the mother of three young adults. Everyone does things their own way.

Exactly. MT had a course she was taking and apparently homework. She was an adult who had been away from home most of a year. She appears responsible and capable and basically did what she wanted in a casual, loving, open family that appears to get along great and in which each is capable of managing his/her own life. They're there if you need them, but not breathing down your neck telling you every move to make.

Question for anyone who knows:

What is the range for most home mobile hotspot units? Can they be accessed from outdoors by very far? This is in regards to the reference I saw somewhere that LE asked MT's mother if she was indoors at 9:45pm.

Has it ever been stated as a fact that the Mom know DJ and the others were out of town?
Yes, she knew Mollie was alone, she had been texting her until about 7:30, about the time she was on her jog.

Half hour away, maybe a little more than that. Good sized city, probably thousands of people with Fitbits. Chances of it being hers are about as slim as they could possible be, but you never know.
That’s quite near then, before I heard about Mollie I’d never heard of a Fitbit before. Maybe their not as popular in the uk as in the US. Still hope it’s the lead they need to bring her home, you never know.

Sharing a car with your brother sucks. All these people are working and she still wasn't able to get help with a minor 3k vehicle purchase for basic back and forth traveling? You can get a basic car on Craigslist for $2k.

So maybe she just got tired of needing to ask people for favors and thought about starting a relationship with someone more financially stable. Idk

Actually, her life did not really need a vehicle -- she was a runner/strong walker in a tiny town and on a college campus. Vehicles are expensive with upkeep and insurance. She had other things she needed/wanted more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie