Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought and MOO. Is it possible that someone who had worked a construction job previously for the brothers, and wasn't taken with them for this job, could have known the Bros were out of town and had been watching Mollie? Not necessarily living in Brooklyn, but not too far away? Just a thought, as I said above. MOO
or an employee let go or fired....hmmmmm.........

A month in - and not even a crime scene. I also was extremely intrigued to see imagery of Iowa BCI agents this week interviewing people around the carwash (at least that's what the TV narrative said). So a month in and with 40-50 people dedicated to this and they had not yet gotten around to canvassing all of the nabes in a city of 1400 even though this was on or near her presumed jogging route?

It is of primary urgency to get observations from people who may have information about an event or crime as close as is possible to the time of the event while the recollections may still be fresh.

I'm thinking in terms of loving families - mutual respect - "can I help you with anything" or "Do you need anything". Maybe I'm different than most, but if I knew my sister/daughter/mother was home alone without her car, I would take it to her so she had a vehicle if she needed it. Especially at night. I'm not saying her family did anything wrong - I just think if her car would have been there, it MIGHT have made a difference in a stranger abduction. Now if it was someone she knew, it wouldn't have made any difference at all.

Every family has its own dynamic. What you consider loving someone else might consider overbearing. Where you see the mom dropping the car off for Molly as a kind gesture she might see it as an excuse for mom to check up on her, see if anybody's there or if she's having a party. For a 20-year-old college student trying to establish her independence it might be considered disrespectful rather than respectful.

As far as having the car there making a difference, I believe the exact opposite as you. If she were being taken by force by a stranger and managed to break away I think her chances of escape would be much better if she were to run screaming to a neighbor's house than if she were to run to the car, open the door, fumble with the keys (if she even had them), and try to start it and drive away while under duress. But if she were willingly going with someone she knew she might prefer to drive herself so that each could leave the place they were going when they wanted and drive directly home. Not being in the car with the perp might have diffused the situation, and if he acted weird about her driving she might have sensed danger, locked herself in the, house, and called for help.

Last edited:
You forgot Bundy....and psychopaths have no conscience, they mimic the appropriate reactions. Scary.

Speaking of mimicking, just this morning on the news they showed that Dad who admitted to killing his pregnant wife and two little girls AFTER he was interviewed saying very convincing things about their disappearance. Everything he said was exactly what you would expect a grieving husband and father to say if his family disappeared.

So, yeah...you just never know about people.

Maybe there has and maybe there hasn't.....but has there been any coordinated searches such as corn fields, streams, rivers, outbuildings, ditches, etc...in the areas of the red dots east and south of town....if not why??? Does LE think she's alive???? Curious

Good catch. Possibly.
It's reaching, I know. There are a lot of isolated waterways, etc. between 385 and 430th on V21. The abandoned buildings at and around V21 and 430th really bother me.

Last edited:
This is weird but when I refreshed the page first thing today there was a post at the top that said ”today's the day” but now I cant find it. Did anyone see that.
Yes, it was also the first thing that I saw when I logged on. Let's hope!

Just curious here.... Why do you assume this?

I believe she ran in high school, but wasn't fast enough for the college team. I remember reading about things she did in high school, but can't for the life of me remember what they were.
Debate team. speech and track.

Last edited:
I was thinking this morning....

It wouldn't be hard to subdue Mollie with a drug of some kind. (Rophynol) That would eliminate the signs of a struggle and would be easy to transport her is she were say, laying down in a back seat.

This would lead to believe that she willingly got into the car. If she was jogging she would have simply run away. That kind of commotion would be easily seen and noted. I believe that if she was taken while jogging it was by someone who knew her and probably knew she was going to her mothers house shortly. So someone close.

I don’t think any commotion in some of the highlighted areas would be observed. It’s farming country most people would be headed home and many mind their own business. I don’t believe any situation that arose would likely rise to the degree to be noticed.

Speaking of mimicking, just this morning on the news they showed that Dad who admitted to killing his pregnant wife and two little girls AFTER he was interviewed saying very convincing things about their disappearance. Everything he said was exactly what you would expect a grieving husband and father to say if his family disappeared.

So, yeah...you just never know about people.

Well, everything except his jovial manner, smiles, and complete lack of looking worried.....

His interview was anything but typical of a grieving spouse in my opinion! Did you see the interview??

Someone posted that Mollie had to be at work very early.. 6- 6:30
I have no idea, just read it here.

But if that is the case, would the text from her brother at 7:30 be rather too late to see about her taking the car to work?

Or him driving her?

Well that was my point. If, as I had thought I'd seen, she had to be at work super early, then his text seemed more obviously aimed at a ride home rather than a ride to work. I wasn't asserting, just saying "I thought I remembered this" to see if others remembered the same.

Mollie was supposed to be at work at 8am.
Do we know this for sure or is this an assumption? This wasn't a standard day, what with the field trip.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, just coming to grips with how faulty my memory is...

Especially hard on such a massive multi-part thread where it's nearly impossible to search back to what we think we might have read...

Did anyone see that KCCI (in Des Moines) is reporting that authorities will hold a news conference at 4pm central time to provide a ‘significant update’ on the Jake Wilson case? He is the 16 year old boy that went missing four months ago from a town about 50 miles north of Brooklyn.

Don't know if discussed/mentioned anywhere if Mollie carried a water bottle on her runs. Refillable or commercial. if so, is it at her home. would she usually or on a hot day stop to refill, purchase/and or discard a bottle of water. Perhaps she could have thrown empty water bottle in trash along the way or lunatic could've thrown water bottle somewhere on road or in pickup trash container. I hope someone knows and would be checking on this.

OK, in the early days the debate was that when brother texted to see if she needed a ride home...did it mean home from bf to get car or home from work later...where did “still” come into it?
Yes, that word has stuck in my head since I first read it... I would think that "home" to him meant their mom's house -- so is it home from work in the next afternoon, or from bf's to their house to get a car for the next morning, or home from somewhere else. Was getting a ride discussed as a problem for her for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico