Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 27 threads in. Thank you mods for all your hard work keeping up with this. I know sometimes it ain't easy;)

I think I'm still just as lost as I was on day 1 after she disappeared. So many scenarios run through my head. I do have a hard time believing as much attention as this has gotten that someone is still holding her. I mean this doesn't appear to be blowing over so you would think either the person would've let her go or "gotten rid of her" at this point sadly. All MOO

Wow, 27 threads in. Thank you mods for all your hard work keeping up with this. I know sometimes it ain't easy;)

I think I'm still just as lost as I was on day 1 after she disappeared. So many scenarios run through my head. I do have a hard time believing as much attention as this has gotten that someone is still holding her. I mean this doesn't appear to be blowing over so you would think either the person would've let her go or "gotten rid of her" at this point sadly. All MOO

Yep Mods doing an awesome job;

No, you're forgetting about the westernmost red dot by the boyfriend's house.
Oh, that's just looking for info from any neighbor who may have seen something. I think LE put that there to sort of have something to click on. They probably know all that they need to from that area already.

I’m reminded of the Laura Wallen case in MD where her fiancé (and killer) Tyler Tessier sat holding her mother’s hand at a press conference. I believe LE knows who has her and they’re biding time until they find her.

He wanted gravel roads. MOO. He's comfortable driving them, and with MT in the vehicle, he wants as few people to see them as possible. So he drives a route with very few homes and no traffic.
Gravel roads are noisy. Are there no dogs who would alert the few homeowners? I'm 95% sure that the perp is local, maybe not from Brooklyn proper, but knows the back roads well. And I'm 75% sure that this was planned, and that just gives me chills. I hope LE is getting some good info from Mollie's website.

I'm assuming that they have the timeline established, as well as the general profiling of this 'lunatic in plain sight" , radius, and are matching all the leads to narrow down. They probably have a good idea and if she is alive, this is a balancing act and precarious situation with an unstable individual's reaction. Everyone knows/has been asked to notice changes in behavior after she went missing. I'm thinking people should also think more about behavioral changes and changes in circumstances for someone BEFORE this happened.Not just days, but months and up to a year.Were they recently widowed, divorced, relationship ended, laid off, stressed out. Appearance changes (less groomed), less social, leading up to this.The scary thing is that sociopaths are often charming, high functioning, even attractive. Could be someone who couldn't control their impulses, but who was prepared for the right opportunity, timing. Probably someone who a more mature,wiser person would notice something was off about him, but a younger kind person like Mollie might even briefly stop and chat and say hello to or even just wave at more than once. In my train of thought, I am becoming disheartened angry and thinking finally it's probably just a plain and simple maladjusted lowlife who was somewhat drunk, high and has probably been in trouble/jail a million times and no one would be surprised. They need to get her home safely, this is horrible.
BBM

I disagree. Many of these perps come across as perfectly normal--no one can spot them. Believing that it's possible to do so is wishful thinking.

Try looking up John Wayne Gacy, Karl Denke, and Robert Lee Yates if you want a few examples of serial killers who did not raise any eyebrows.

OK, in the early days the debate was that when brother texted to see if she needed a ride home...did it mean home from bf to get car or home from work later...where did “still” come into it?
A few pgs back, last night. Not seeing it atm though.

I do not think the car being at her moms house is an issue. I think she already had it figured out how she was getting to work and I don't think it was from her brother. I think the police and FBI know all of this.

I think something similar....I think there must have been days when she got to work from some other means, even when DJ's truck wasn't available. Similarly, I think there must have been a reason it wasn't shocking she didn't come over for dinner and they didn't hear from her. Maybe there was someone she spent time with, or would run into after a run and spend time chatting. A friend, co-worker, or someone from the school.
If it's someone she knows who took her (and I think it is) she might have told her family about this person, but the person wouldn't know that.
It's the only thing that explains to me someone who is staying alone and doesn't show up and isn't in communication but that doesn't worry her family.

BBM

I disagree. Many of these perps come across as perfectly normal--no one can spot them. Believing that it's possible to do so is wishful thinking.

Try looking up John Wayne Gacy, Karl Denke, and Robert Lee Yates if you want a few examples of serial killers who did not raise any eyebrows.

Not to mention the scandals going on with the Catholic church. Predators are much more likely to look and seem like nice people, even have standing in the community.

BBM

Exactly. An "obvious" type perp would be sitting in jail right now. This one is a "blends in" type. But there will still be signs. I will ask again, whose husband/boyfriend/son went out for beer that Wednesday night and was gone for an unusual amount of time? Who didn't come home that night? Who called in sick that Thursday?

Well, I am guessing here but to me it sounds like when he woke up he saw the car hadn't been picked up so he he sends a text to see if she needed a ride.

Now, that is just my take on it
All just opinion

I thought I remembered from way back that MT needed to be at work really early that morning, like 6 or 6:30. So my thought was that when JT saw in the morning that the car was still in his driveway, he would have assumed MT had gotten a ride with someone else TO work, and his text was to ask her if she needed a ride HOME at the end of that workday. JMO

Two thoughts, maybe the car wash was also necessary because of the dirt from the gravel roads?

Watching an interview of Chris Watts while his wife was "missing" (CO man who has now confessed to killing his wife and two children) made me think of how even those closest can put on an "act". It gave me the chills watching the interview. To clarify, I do think this was a friend/acquaintance in Mollie's case not family.

Ultimately, her ride to work matters only if that person took her or if there was a specific person lined up who failed to tell anyone she was not there to be picked up. But I don’t think she did make plans for a ride. Her SM etc seems to have stopped the night before. She must have planned to run/walk to get car that night or first thing in morning.

IF she was taken by someone she knows...and IF her being alone was a factor...the list should be fairly limited as to who knew this as well as where the house was. Did BF’’s co-workers know, or either of the engaged couple’s co-workers? Did they all show up to work? Were friends of brothers at the family house when her being alone was discussed, or the pizza delivery guy, etc...all this applies more if she made it home from run though. And I really get the sense LE thinks she was taken on her run, by unknown perp.

I thought I remembered from way back that MT needed to be at work really early that morning, like 6 or 6:30. So my thought was that when JT saw in the morning that the car was still in his driveway, he would have assumed MT had gotten a ride with someone else TO work, and his text was to ask her if she needed a ride HOME at the end of that workday. JMO

That could be.
Some confusion around the car.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads