Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to decide if the Dad & BF appearing together in more media interviews vs Dad, BF, sons all at once, has any significance?
I kinda think the sons have been targets for some so they aren't front and center. The mom isn't out as much either. I think dad and bf are doing an excellent job too. Such strong men.

I think he's a kid -- a sleepy teenager -- who perhaps woke up and was conscious enough to realize the car was still there and should not have been, but not awake enough to even think something could be wrong. Do we know if he worked and where/when? Can't you see a dead-headed teenager just rolling over and going back to sleep? How horrible for him that on that one day of all days . . . He'll never get over this.

Reactions: Hap
I'm assuming that they have the timeline established, as well as the general profiling of this 'lunatic in plain sight" , radius, and are matching all the leads to narrow down. They probably have a good idea and if she is alive, this is a balancing act and precarious situation with an unstable individual's reaction. Everyone knows/has been asked to notice changes in behavior after she went missing. I'm thinking people should also think more about behavioral changes and changes in circumstances for someone BEFORE this happened.Not just days, but months and up to a year.Were they recently widowed, divorced, relationship ended, laid off, stressed out. Appearance changes (less groomed), less social, leading up to this.The scary thing is that sociopaths are often charming, high functioning, even attractive. Could be someone who couldn't control their impulses, but who was prepared for the right opportunity, timing. Probably someone who a more mature,wiser person would notice something was off about him, but a younger kind person like Mollie might even briefly stop and chat and say hello to or even just wave at more than once. In my train of thought, I am becoming disheartened angry and thinking finally it's probably just a plain and simple maladjusted lowlife who was somewhat drunk, high and has probably been in trouble/jail a million times and no one would be surprised. They need to get her home safely, this is horrible.

Whats the deal here?
Whatever arrangement that Mollie and her brother had about a car was THEIR arrangement.
It must have worked well for them, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

She didn't often stay at BF's house alone so this may have been a rare occurrance, but it seems these are the plans they made about the car

Right, but she didn't show up in the evening.....it was the next morning he was asking this.
Yes and maybe she sometimes did and sometimes didn't show up for supper. So the conversation at the house went something like this, "Guess Mollie wasn't hungry tonight" "Yeah, guess so. Maybe she'll call for a ride in the morning" "Okay, good night" Then the morning comes and either Mom or Jake sees the car still there and are kind of wondering, so then Jake sends the text message.

Whats the deal here?
Whatever arrangement that Mollie and her brother had about a car was THEIR arrangement.
It must have worked well for them, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

She didn't often stay at BF's house alone so this may have been a rare occurrance, but it seems these are the plans they made about the car
It's not about an arrangement being right or wrong, it's about trying to understand the "do you still need a ride?" comment.

Yes and maybe she sometimes did and sometimes didn't show up for supper. So the conversation at the house went something like this, "Guess Mollie wasn't hungry tonight" "Yeah, guess so. Maybe she'll call for a ride in the morning" "Okay, good night" Then the morning comes and either Mom or Jake sees the car still there and are kind of wondering, so then Jake sends the text message.
That's plausible....

I find you all vey helpful while trying to work out my list of conflicting info and ideas to rule out. I particularly appreciate when it's apparent that posters have read the entire thread. And mostly I appreciate that MOO is used when it should be, for the most part. I'm going to step away from the board and return with a fresh head and pick back up here at this post tomorrow. But I appreciate you all, mods and posters.

<snipped OT post>
<modsnipped OT> Just to clarify for those wondering. Good morning everyone. Praying hard for Mollie today.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about an arrangement being right or wrong, it's about trying to understand the "do you still need a ride?" comment.

Well, I am guessing here but to me it sounds like when he woke up he saw the car hadn't been picked up so he he sends a text to see if she needed a ride.

Now, that is just my take on it
All just opinion

I have two possible jogging routes that are close to that idea. I discount the eye witness on 2nd St. I think he’s “remembering” a different day. I think she passed the car wash, went up Mills St and was abducted close to the area of Green St and then taken up Boundary St all the way up to 385 and out to the upper right red area on the map.
That was my initial thought, too, because it seems so simple and obvious. But then that would mean that this person basically made a circle and came back to town a few hours later. I mean, if they drove out on 385th to the first red dot, it would seem they then turned south and drove straight to the second red dot - but then when does the truck stop and the car wash come into play? Afterwards? That would mean a circle. Plus, if you Google around, you'll see that there are car washes in the surrounding towns as well. It's not like they would need to go back to that car wash in Brooklyn, and it doesn't sound very plausible. But even if we decide to go with that theory, when does the other 385th come into play (the one next to the house where she was staying)?

That was my initial thought, too, because it seems so simple and obvious. But then that would mean that this person basically made a circle and came back to town a few hours later. I mean, if they drove out on 385th to the first red dot, it would seem they then turned south and drove straight to the second red dot - but then when does the truck stop and the car wash come into play? Afterwards? That would mean a circle. Plus, if you Google around, you'll see that there are car washes in the surrounding towns as well. It's not like they would need to go back to that car wash in Brooklyn, and it doesn't sound very plausible. But even if we decide to go with that theory, when does the other 385th come into play (the one next to the house where she was staying)?
I think the POI came in to town off of I80 near the truck stop, saw Mollie near the car wash, followed her down 2nd street and then the rest as I stated. That accounts for all the red dots. Other than the southern most one, which is where abductor and Mollie ended up or her cellphone/fitbit ended up.

I think the POI came in to town off of I80 near the truck stop, saw Mollie near the car wash, followed her down 2nd street and then the rest as I stated. That accounts for all the red dots. Other than the southern most one, which is where abductor and Mollie ended up or her cellphone/fitbit ended up.
No, you're forgetting about the westernmost red dot by the boyfriend's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinkriggs75