Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I wanted to confirm the wedding details. Yesterday there was a lot of speculation that whoever had Mollie is known to her enough that they would be aware she jogs and was dogsitting alone and all 3 housemates were not expected to be home that night. If someone knows details like these about Mollie's life, there is a good chance they know about the wedding too.

Who is close enough to Mollie to know all of those kind of details? Was it her nature to share a lot about herself like this with all or just a limited group of people?

Was someone infatuated with her and listening to every detail even if she wasn't speaking directly to that person?
A destination wedding would be big news in a small town. Everyone would know all about it.

Her brother texted her in the morning to ask if she needed a ride and there was no response.
Assuming they had made plans the night before to get her a ride to work, what would have prompted the "do you still need a ride?" comment from the brother? Why would they have changed overnight? Why have her navigate to mom's house vs just picking her up at the dog sitting location?

Last edited:
It wasn't making sense to me until a poster yesterday evening presented a theory that the perp entered Brooklyn from the truck stop area, abducted Mollie from near DJ's house, and then took the back roads to loop back to the farmland areas of interest to avoid being seen. But the farmland areas of interest are on gravel roads. Why would a person go there, in particular? The southernmost one isn't all that close to I-80, so I'm still not sure that it adds up. If Mollie is there, why would LE reveal these locations? Have these areas been searched? I still have so many questions.
I have two possible jogging routes that are close to that idea. I discount the eye witness on 2nd St. I think he’s “remembering” a different day. I think she passed the car wash, went up Mills St and was abducted close to the area of Green St and then taken up Boundary St all the way up to 385 and out to the upper right red area on the map.

I would agree with all of this. The biggest indicator that LE knows more than they’re sharing are the two dots on the map created that have no text. That’s not an accident. If it were, it would have been fixed by now.
That is very accurate IMO. I believe they are also looking for people they know were at those locations and do not contact them.

Yeah, something was off with that post because the car was at mom's the whole time. Maybe a typo.

The wording of his text suggests to me that either:

A) He had expected her to either pick the car up by then or show up at the house by that time so he could drive her, and wanted to make sure she didn't need the car or a ride before he went somewhere;

B) They had agreed the night before to touch base on the matter in the morning.

I see a third option that I consider highly unlikely, but it can't be mentioned per the TOS.

So, Jake NEVER said the car was not there in the morning... I've got this highlighted as Conflicting information. Most of my conflicting info list I have been able to work out. But now I'm verifying the hard ones.

We don't know what makes those isolated farm locations of interest. Maybe phone or fitbit pings, or maybe something found there, ie. misplaced tire tracks, or disturbed area in the weeds/dirt. Or, maybe as lucky as a dropped receipt from the truckstop with a date/time stamp (maybe around 5pm, thus LE's timeframe). Or even another item marked from there. We just don't know those specifics.

Also, I think a local would go to a familiar abandoned building and low traveled roads, which explains why he might have headed into that southeren region.
Ah, it was you who connected the dots. The areas both appear to be off "V21", but the video from the local TV station indicated that you would take "gravel roads"(plural) to get to them. What do you make of that?

Assuming they had made plans the night before to get her a ride to work, what would have prompted the "do you still need a ride?" comment from the brother? Why would they have changed overnight? Why have her navyto mom's house vs just picking her up at the dog sitting location?

Maybe the 'do you still need a ride' meant 'do you still need the car'---since she didn't pick it up.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but you would think they would have taken the car to her since she was going to be alone in the house with no car available.

It's a small town. Everything is within walking distance, especially for a healthy 20-year-old. I'm a fat 50-year-old and I seldom use the car if I need to go anywhere in my small town.

Now if she was in the habit of picking up the car in the evening so she'd have it first thing in the morning and hadn't told them she had a different plan, that's a different story. The break in the routine would concern me, not simply the fact that she was going to be alone with no car.

Good point. So that makes me wonder who made "chit-chat" with her regularly like "The big wedding trip is coming up", where she might feel safe to say "yes, everyone is away finishing work before the trip and I am holding down the fort watching the dogs for a few days. It works out to have quiet time because I'm finishing a paper for school". Or, something to that effect.

There are so many possibilities but I do think LE needs to look closely at seemingly "mundane relationships" at work, school, church, coffee shop, etc.

Ah, it was you who connected the dots. The areas both appear to be off "V21", but the video from the local TV station indicated that you would take "gravel roads"(plural) to get to them. What do you make of that?
He wanted gravel roads. MOO. He's comfortable driving them, and with MT in the vehicle, he wants as few people to see them as possible. So he drives a route with very few homes and no traffic.

Last edited:
I do not think the car being at her moms house is an issue. I think she already had it figured out how she was getting to work and I don't think it was from her brother. I think the police and FBI know all of this.

Assuming they had made plans the night before to get her a ride to work, what would have prompted the "do you still need a ride?" comment from the brother? Why would they have changed overnight? Why have her navyto mom's house vs just picking her up at the dog sitting location?

I think he's a kid -- a sleepy teenager -- who perhaps woke up and was conscious enough to realize the car was still there and should not have been, but not awake enough to even think something could be wrong. Do we know if he worked and where/when? Can't you see a dead-headed teenager just rolling over and going back to sleep? How horrible for him that on that one day of all days . . . He'll never get over this.

It's a small town. Everything is within walking distance, especially for a healthy 20-year-old. I'm a fat 50-year-old and I seldom use the car if I need to go anywhere in my small town.

Now if she was in the habit of picking up the car in the evening so she'd have it first thing in the morning and hadn't told them she had a different plan, that's a different story. The break in the routine would concern me, not simply the fact that she was going to be alone with no car.
I'm thinking in terms of loving families - mutual respect - "can I help you with anything" or "Do you need anything". Maybe I'm different than most, but if I knew my sister/daughter/mother was home alone without her car, I would take it to her so she had a vehicle if she needed it. Especially at night. I'm not saying her family did anything wrong - I just think if her car would have been there, it MIGHT have made a difference in a stranger abduction. Now if it was someone she knew, it wouldn't have made any difference at all.

Bingo!

Sorry, I tried to quote @jman07 but for some reason my quote didn’t stick. Yes, I think they are looking to see who they KNOW was in those locations and is not coming forward.

I'm thinking in terms of loving families - mutual respect - "can I help you with anything" or "Do you need anything". Maybe I'm different than most, but if I knew my sister/daughter/mother was home alone without her car, I would take it to her so she had a vehicle if she needed it. Especially at night. I'm not saying her family did anything wrong - I just think if her car would have been there, it MIGHT have made a difference in a stranger abduction. Now if it was someone she knew, it wouldn't have made any difference at all.
But she enjoyed running and did it routinely. So her running first and then stopping by for supper, to pick up the car and maybe even spending the night was really no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind