Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I watched Dad/BF interview, it sounded as if this was her first time ever staying at the house to dog sit. She had taken care of the dogs in the past, but never stayed overnight. Something about this arrangement seems too coincidental. The odds of this happening on the very first overnight must be astronomical? Granted, she might not have made it home which may make this a somewhat moot point.
That is part of the reason why I don’t think she was intended target. <modsnipped sleuthing non POI> I think someone was watching her and waiting. Instead the opportunity presented itself when Mollie was left alone. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW....

I live in a different state - recently bought a vehicle in Iowa - was issued an - Intransit Tag/Sticker - placed in the rear window and is valid for a max of two weeks.

Upon returning home, I purchased license plates in my state.

Sure, because you're an out of state buyer. Of course Iowa dealerships don't have plates on hand for other states, and most states don't give you the plates at the time you register your vehicle anyway. The adjacent states to the east and south use temporary tags. You'd also get a temporary tag of some sort if you requested a personalized plate.

But we're talking about a miniscule percentage of the cars on the road here.

re: fight or flight or freeze/comply. I think people would react differently between someone they have a history with pulling a weapon and a random, never-before-encountered stranger pulling a weapon.

Although I think Mollie got into a vehicle with her abductor willingly/without the abductor needing to brandish any sort of weapon.

How far do you drive for something you enjoy, something that gives you a rush?

That's what a perp like this case is doing. It's the process, the attack/hunt, and the flurry that follows. I race motorcycles and do MMA for the "rush" I've traveled around the world to do so, but routinely my average is 4hrs, but usually 2hrs each way...

This isn't a local... I'm sure of it... But he knew the area from passing through...

LE probably tried to get as complete a list as possible as who would know she was staying there alone. Not just her housemates, but their co-workers, some friends etc...was anyone missing from their job where any of them work on Thursday morning?

But if she had been attacked in the home...something would have been amiss, most likely. And it must be a pretty small number of people who she would leave willingly with, at night, when she had homework, and had to be up early. So...IF she was taken from home/convinced to leave...it has to be a tiny-ish suspect list. In which case, I do not think we would see a website, points of interest etc...
So I still have to go with LE thinking she was taken on her run.
I think your probably headed in the right direction with that line of thinking. I'd still suggest that the odds someone would be kidnapped on their first overnight, alone, even if it occurred jogging, would be somewhat astronomical.

Yes this but change the start to this: go from mollies bf house east on Des Moines/385 and follow that all the way to V21 then go south V21. I think the truck stop and car wash are on there for their cameras.
But then he's taking MT directly through town, where people will see. Which route might indicate how well she knew the perp, though.

Sure, because you're an out of state buyer. Of course Iowa dealerships don't have plates on hand for other states, and most states don't give you the plates at the time you register your vehicle anyway. The adjacent states to the east and south use temporary tags. You'd also get a temporary tag of some sort if you requested a personalized plate.

But we're talking about a miniscule percentage of the cars on the road here.

Agreed on the miniscule.

When I did register the vehicle at an Illinois DMV, I was given plates - not a temporary.

I just have this nagging feeling that it was someone known to MT. Cameras not working, alone in the house (which was unusual), maybe knew her normal schedule of jogging in the evening, etc.. This is completely MOO but it all just seems so odd.

I also think an abductor could guard her for more than 2 days without being Hannibal Lechter because it's been done before. Heck, he could have drugged her and put her in a shipping container. Maybe there is a slot by the floor for food and water to be passed in, but there isn't enough room to get out. Maybe you are somewhere where screams won't be heard. Not saying it is likely, though.

Someone could be held for months or years under the right conditions... IV antibiotics, hydration, nutrition, secure location in plain sight....

New here. Going off the idea that some of the highlighted areas on the MT government website map are fitbit/cell phone sync times or "pings", it seems that if MT was taken near the house she was staying, than road 170 heading north would be a quick route out of town and away from public view. Jump on HWY 6 westbound and turn south on V21, past the highlighted area near Big Bear Creek, past the highlighted area of V21 and 430th (which has what looks like an abandoned building/home/schoolhouse - no driveway in from road anymore), and possibly on down to 470th, turn east and go past pig farm. Could pig farm have wifi/mobile hotspot that MT's phone picked up on around 9:45pm when LE asked her mother if she was inside a home at 9:45pm? And the highlighted areas at the truck stop and car wash could be areas LE has camera footage from and possibly saw the same vehicle in both just prior to her being taken?

Maybe her phone and fitbit where never removed from her, so if she is no longer alive, the last sync or connection could be where she's at? Was that why they repeatedly searched WC's? Was that the last sync?

In my mind, the perp would be from somewhere local, maybe north (or northeast, or northwest) of Brooklyn, who drives past the truck stop and then the car wash on his way home each day. The route I have as the scenario above would be along isolated back roads with very few houses, so I think he knew exactly the best roads with the fewest people. If the highlighted areas had some kind of fitbit/cell info specific to there that stood out, then maybe those are areas that are being searched. Did something take place in or near the abandoned building on 430th? There's also a pull off on the road ditch (google maps) just west of WC's house, and what appears to be drainage areas along the west edge and within northern edge of that section. Have those been searched?

If the perp left her somewhere along that route, then he could jump onto HWY 21 by the pig farm and be gone.

I would wonder about local hunters/trappers who might know those back roads, as well as be familiar with the layout of the properties they hunt/trap. Does anyone have hunting rights around the pig farm or neighboring properties? Also delivery/service/propane/etc. people who might be familiar with the back roads? And most likely someone with a pickup vs a car, because of the dirt roads.

Just my 2 cents...
Welcome to WS! Agree with all! I believe she was abducted along Mills St. in the area where Green intersects. I had a visceral reaction to seeing that area on SharonNeedles video #3. If that’s the case then the perp drove her up either Green St or Pleasant St to Boundary St and from there straight north to 385 and to the area of 200 and Hwy 6 where she was knocked out and the Fitbit stopped registering movement. And the rest as you stated.

But then he's taking MT directly through town, where people will see. Which route might indicate how well she knew the perp, though.
Through some houses yes but look at google maps you get 2 blocks to the east from the house and 385 turns into nothingness. Oh and if she was walking to her moms later on then that would make sense since her mom’s house if NE of the boyfriend’s house. So then one block to the east then nothingness.

I think your probably headed in the right direction with that line of thinking. I'd still suggest that the odds someone would be kidnapped on their first overnight, alone, even if it occurred jogging, would be somewhat astronomical.
Exactly! How often has been the constant question for me that isn't making sense. Why not other nights? Why that one.

re: fight or flight or freeze/comply. I think people would react differently between someone they have a history with pulling a weapon and a random, never-before-encountered stranger pulling a weapon.

Although I think Mollie got into a vehicle with her abductor willingly/without the abductor needing to brandish any sort of weapon.
I'd be willing to bet that if a perp brandished a weapon, 99.9% of people would freeze/comply, regardless of what they say they would do.

Through some houses yes but look at google maps you get 2 blocks to the east from the house and 385 turns into nothingness.
It does. If they did go that way, it also suggests to me he was heading east when he grabbed her, otherwise he'd have to turn the vehicle around. Or maybe he came from 170? All good questions!

I thought it was confirmed that MT made it home after her run?

Edit: I see that LE and the brother will not confirm this.

Last edited:
Anybody think Mollie’s MacBook had iMessage enabled? If so, it doesn’t matter if they have her phone. LE could have sifted through all of her messages right away. I actually pay more attention and disable iMessage on my other Apple devices when they aren’t in reach as curious housemates can read every single thing you’ve texted if you leave the darned iPad or Mac out.

I think some kind of mini-ruse was used to attract her to a situation that she had no idea was dangerous. The individual was probably "normal" looking and she did not sense danger at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz