Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most SK’s are actually a mix of organized and disorganized. An organized guy would likely have some level of premeditation, even if he hasn’t selected a particular victim yet. He’d be more prone to use some type of a rouse, be prepared (handcuffs, duct tape etc), and plan a way in and out. Mollie’s abduction would seemingly fall into a more disorganized category, with the immense risk that he had to take. Of course we don’t know any details that would clearly point one way or another. I don’t think this is a serial killer though, atleast not one who has yet reached that definition.

Drug users talk and many dealers in small towns are on the police payroll as CIs. LE does drugs well, in terms of information. A jonesin' user picked up for simple possession would sell out their own grandmother to get back on the street.

If there are any drug dealers or users who know anything about Mollie, they would have cashed in for the reward when it was $30,000. The reward in $400,000. No one knows anything about where she is, not even druggies.

Maybe he stopped at Brooklyn to get something to eat and a car wash, then decided to cruise around town. Maybe he's been there on other Wednesday nights and noticed Mollie jogging a couple of weeks ago.
That’s the type of scenario I would envision if this was in fact a stranger type abduction. He’d know the area, know Mollie from seeing her jogging, but she wouldn’t know him. Perhaps he envisioned a scenario like this playing out during some previous sighting, and took advantage when he had the opportunity.

If anyone was wondering how someone might lure MT...

beep beep ..."Hi, are you Mollie? I'm blahblah blahblahblah, I work with Dalton. He was hurt on the job this afternoon and in the hospital. He asked me to come get you! Get in, I'll take you there."

Plausible? Yes.

Likely? No. First thing MT would have attempted would be to contact DJ via phone... assuming the opportunity was permitted to her.

"His phone was damaged. I'll take you there."

That might work.

I think if she would have called a brother, cousin, other family member rather than hop into a vehicle.

Destination? Either going to her mothers or back to DJs, right? If he knew DJs was the endpoint, that would be a logical abduction site I think. Yeah, that.

I think she jogged to her mother's house to get the car in the evening. Her brother dropped her off at the house-sit after work, so she may not often jog from her mother's house to the house-sit.

I think her end point was to pick up the car at her mother's house.

Asked my hubby.. Woke him up to ask ( I love him for be ingso understanding). He said Team viewer is what it is called. The perp would have her set it up as if to help her with homework. If it is configured a certain way it is not always the case the other party has to accept once it is already installed. It just needs to be installed on the pc.

Very intersting. I am familiar with that. My husband does this for work too. He has helped me many times. It is certainly plausible if she was in a study group.

An online study group is possible, but it wouldn't have anything to do with remote access to someone else's device. An online study group wouldn't have any physical connection with Mollie.

An online study group is possible, but it wouldn't have anything to do with remote access to someone else's device. An online study group wouldn't have any physical connection with Mollie.

It most certainly could. Her whole computer is vulnerable. Which I thin the person who posted eralier on this just sent off a HUGE light bulb. My husband uses this all to time. It saves trips forthe company when he can work in office on a pc in India.

This case is a jigsaw puzzle (as are quite a few others) with enough missing or distorted pieces to render it impossible to ascertain or even guess the full image. I imagine a few pieces are 'known' but are scattered throughout the middle of the imagined frame, maybe even one or two pieces are joined but not in proper orientation with the bigger picture.

Evidence LE has gathered thus far seems not to have led them any further along and hundreds of tips that have come are pieces either not a right shape or their particular images just don't belong. And at this point, LE must be tiring of rearranging those few pieces.

It most certainly could. Her whole computer is vulnerable. Which I thin the person who posted eralier on this just sent off a HUGE light bulb. My husband uses this all to time. It saves trips forthe company when he can work in office on a pc in India.

If she is out jogging he has complete access to all her info.

I think if she would have called a brother, cousin, other family member rather than hop into a vehicle.

A young woman confident in standing on her own to show her man she loves him would not likely want to run to mumsy or siblings... the mind turns differently when stressed.

If something like team viewer was installed on her laptop unkowlingly surely the FBI would know this when they got aces to her laptop, unless the perp scrubbed the PC the night of the crime.

THAT’S EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!!! Why so many guests? Maybe this site should require registration... NAMUS does. Just makes sense in case. I’m also leaning towards a “slight suspicion” that this could be a serial perp. LE kept so many things under wraps for Derrick Todd Lee in Baton Rouge. Hindsight always 20/20 but they could have possibly prevented more killings with letting us in on info sooner. He stalked his victims. Never sign of struggle except for my sisters next door neighbor... I dunno... But 2 days ago I got a creepy feeling that he’s on here... lurking
Just thought I would point out that it wouldn't be difficult for the perp to register. It's not like he would have to use his real credentials to do so, and simply registering wouldn't make anyone suspect him any more or less. I followed the Lauren Spierer case for days without registering, simply because it was interesting, but I didn't have anything useful to add to the conversation. A person wouldn't necessarily bother with registering if they didn't want to post. I think the number of guests just speaks to how often this site might come up in web searches.

Asked my hubby.. Woke him up to ask ( I love him for be ingso understanding). He said Team viewer is what it is called. The perp would have her set it up as if to help her with homework. If it is configured a certain way it is not always the case the other party has to accept once it is already installed. It just needs to be installed on the pc.
Secure remote desktop support that industry leaders trust

TeamViewer’s dedication to security means you don't have to worry whether confidential files or sensitive information are at risk when connecting to remote devices. Private data, private conversations, and private meetings stay that way. That's why 90% of Fortune 500 companies choose TeamViewer.

That is correct it is a safe program assuming both parties are using it knowlingly!!! A third party cannot access it. It is secure!

I think she jogged to her mother's house to get the car in the evening. Her brother dropped her off at the house-sit after work, so she may not often jog from her mother's house to the house-sit.

I think her end point was to pick up the car at her mother's house.
That's kind of how I've seen it all along: she went for a run, returned to the house, fed, watered, walked the dogs, did a bit of homework, snapped her boyfriend, then jogged over to Moms for bratz. And was grabbed on the way to Moms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc