Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed 100% . With all of the agencies involved, the lack of clarification and progress is disturbing at best, and reeks of a much larger problem. In my humble opinion, the FBI realizes that this is a much bigger issue, possibly tied to a much larger string of abductions where digital footprints are nill ( because of the experience of the abductors) , and does not want to cause widespread panic.

Truthisfreedom, I agree.

I agree. Quick, easy, clean.
Yes...but the logistics of it. How? I don't think he hit her with his car...no, that would take too long. I know people say "grab and go" but that's not that easy, and I know she was only 120 lbs. No matter what form it took, it would take a bit of time, not a long time, but enough time that you risk getting caught.

Just a thought but , heaven forbid, the worst has happened to Mollie and say she was attacked by a random person. It is possible that the person didn’t take her or drive her off and that he’s just hidden her somewhere out of sight but near to where it happened, in some undergrowth maybe. I think they should still have search teams out looking for her and was a little confused as to why they would call the search off. JMO

Search teams out where? Who would be the searchers? Obviously law enforcement would have to be part of these search teams and that would just take away people from the investigative effort and answering the phones.
Remember this is a very small police department that is being helped from surrounding agencies but in the end they don’t have anything near what would be required to search the town or county.

In a case like this LE depends on nature to lead them to a body.

I am rethinking some things tonight, JoJoJo, after considering after her brother dropped her off at her boyfriend’s brother’s house, where she was house sitting or dog sitting. Here’s a link to a timeline in the media The latest on missing college student Mollie Tibbetts, although I know more accurate ones are available here.

A quote from above link:

5:30 p.m.: Tibbetts' older brother, Jake, dropped Mollie off at her boyfriend's house, where she was still staying alone with the dogs. Investigators said Jake Tibbetts is not a suspect.

7:30 p.m According to a "reasonable timeline" constructed by authorities, Tibbetts went for a jog around this time and was seen running on the city streets of Brooklyn.

That’s the information I was looking for on what she was last seen wearing by her brother (I think?) vs and what is established by eye witnesses on what she was wearing while running later.

There is something about the change in clothes. Did she have a laundry hamper to put them in or throw them in a corner - did she fold her clothes up ready again to wear back to work the next day? That might be a clue. From what I understand, she only had two work shirts.

Off here for tonight, but the original story about the red shirt and blue jean shorts has not been cleared up in my mind either.

So happy I am not the only one thinking LAUNDRY! She was a creature of habit. Did she routinely run/walk to Mom's to shower and her laundry is kept there?

I'm on my phone right now, but I believe Casey's was a block west on the northside of the road
Yes, I found it on the map. Thank you, though. I'm wondering what the building with the red roof is on the south side of E 2nd between Clay and Broadway. It looks like a business.

Yes...but the logistics of it. How? I don't think he hit her with his car...no, that would take too long. I know people say "grab and go" but that's not that easy, and I know she was only 120 lbs. No matter what form it took, it would take a bit of time, not a long time, but enough time that you risk getting caught.

Stun guns have been used to this purpose in the past

Search teams out where? Who would be the searchers? Obviously law enforcement would have to be part of these search teams and that would just take away people from the investigative effort and answering the phones.
Remember this is a very small police department that is being helped from surrounding agencies but in the end they don’t have anything near what would be required to search the town or county.

In a case like this LE depends on nature to lead them to a body.
I would think they would be searching along the route she took on her jog, also a lot of times someone goes missing searches are carried out by the police and people from the local community, volunteers ect. I’m not from that area or from the USA so I’m not familiar with the size of the town ect. I just thought it was a little premature to end the search in case she is actually out there somewhere but I’m no detective , I’m just purely speculating.

I'm pretty sure my server is already being tracked haha.. I don't need to go into details. However, a minivan, tarp, zip ties, and taking the clearly visible phone and turning it off... Although maybe she would freely hand it to you. There are plenty of ways to incapacitate someone WHILE they are being distracted. As a teen I once accidentally got a self locking collar stuck on my neck goofing around. I was suffocating and trying to get it off... Pop something like that on and the victim's hands would be busy, they would eventually pass out and you would be loaded and gone. Your body naturally fights the most immediate danger, not being able to breathe vs getting picked up and thrown into a van and getting tied up.

No, you're not a pest at all! :) LE would be able to see her pace/speed as she jogged. The pace/speed would stop as she got into or was forced into a car. The pace/speed would then match the speed of the car as it drives off.

The last I heard of how Fitbit works, this information would not be available unless the FB synced with her phone, or unless they had the FB in their physical possession.

People had said that there were different ways a FB could be set up to sync. So, if it synced on command, or synced every 15 minutes, LE might well have absolutely nothing relating to the time of abduction.

Have I misunderstood?

I think it was East 2nd st. Just east of the car wash
I don't know, IMO that area not only has buildings and houses, but it's also within easy view of Clay St., which I think would be a fairly well traveled route. Pretty risky. I could see him taking E. 2nd going east and getting her near/on Mills St., however. Still, even there you have houses along one side of the road. And most people would be home because it was evening. Just a thought.

And this is trivial, but I'm presuming the perp would have to be going east because it would take too much time and trouble to turn the vehicle around, especially if he was holding a gun or other means of keeping her from jumping out.

Last edited:

30 seconds... If it's getting dark you could see headlights if someone was coming down the road and have time to flee

This is my last question about the fitbit

Based on the info below, is it safe to say that if an abductor is male and removes a fitbit and puts it on, LE would recognize this?

The human heart beats approximately 70 to 85 times per minute in the average adult, with a notable difference between the genders. The average adult male heart rate is between 70 and 72 beats per minute, while there average for adult women is between 78 and 82 beats. This difference is largely accounted for by the size of the heart, which is typically smaller in females than males. The smaller female heart, pumping less blood with each beat, needs to beat at a faster rate to match the larger male heart's output.

What Is the Difference Between Male & Female Heart Rates?

I would think they would be searching along the route she took on her jog, also a lot of times someone goes missing searches are carried out by the police and people from the local community, volunteers ect. I’m not from that area or from the USA so I’m not familiar with the size of the town ect. I just thought it was a little premature to end the search in case she is actually out there somewhere but I’m no detective , I’m just purely speculating.

I think LE has good reason to suspect that Mollie is out of the vicinity

The online courses I took had classes that were live which had a Q&A session after the lesson. For those who couldn't be there at that time, there were videos available to watch including the Q&A part. There was also a discussion board section where people discussed/debated what was said during the lectures, comments on the assignments, etc. We could text with other student about assignments, horrid teachers or whatever, and some did exchange numbers and speak on the phone while working on an occasional group project. Most of the lectures were videos which included slide presentations or whiteboard drawings, but that's not necessarily how all schools do it, and she could probably get most of the relevant information from sound only. MOO

Interested in the course Mollie was taking? Anyone know specifics about how it worked? Confusion you mentioned group project for an Online classes. How were the groups determined? And you mentioned you could text other students - so was a class roll distributed? Or posted somewhere? Interested in whether Mollie's telephone number would make it obvious she was from Brooklyn?

Going back to a question I had asked much earlier. Does anyone know if she had her own set of car keys? Seems improbable she would share a set with her brother. (My daughter has half her jewelry box attached to her key chain, all manner of trinkets and goofy things - which is why I would think it would be hard to share a common set of keys at that age) I have seen no mention of any keys being found (or of any keys noted as missing for that matter); just no mention of keys at all. Seems if she had her own set of keys and they were not located at the house, that would be one indication of her possibly having left to get the car. That of course then begs the question about her ID and DL left behind, and for that I have no answer, other than it being a safety precaution with her walking across town? Maybe they did share single keys, which the brother had kept, and which renders this whole post moot.

Not necessarily There are unsolved cases all over the state, country, and world. There are Unidentified remains that turn up all over as well.
Yes this is very true.
But I believe in ultimate judgment. It's just my opinion.
Broken "machine" gets returned to its "manufacturer".
Eventually it happens...
jmo

This is my last question about the fitbit

Based on the info below, is it safe to say that if an abductor is male and removes a fitbit and puts it on, LE would recognize this?

The human heart beats approximately 70 to 85 times per minute in the average adult, with a notable difference between the genders. The average adult male heart rate is between 70 and 72 beats per minute, while there average for adult women is between 78 and 82 beats. This difference is largely accounted for by the size of the heart, which is typically smaller in females than males. The smaller female heart, pumping less blood with each beat, needs to beat at a faster rate to match the larger male heart's output.

What Is the Difference Between Male & Female Heart Rates?

I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member