Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue I have with this theory is that LE would know that she was at this particular house. If she sent the Snap from here, as you propose, her phone was on, and cell phone records would show that she was in this location.
A recent case near me illustrates this. Guy goes missing, phone is off. Car found a week later. Body found days after that. His last cell phone location was at a particular house. Police search and find blood in a treehouse at this location. Ex girlfriend arrested for murder.

I agree that there are potential problems with that part. She could have also taken the picture at the house before leaving to go to her mom's. But, that doesn't clear up the 9:45 time.

It's been stated that everything is accounted for other than the oft0-mentioned items she would have taken on a run.

In this part of the country it's not unusual to leave the keys in the car when it's parked at home anyway, so it wouldn't be unusual for them to share a set.
Exactly. And if you don’t lock your doors you probably aren’t concerned about keys being left in the car.

What if there is some truth to ALL of the information?

For example, three witnesses see her jogging - east on W. Pershing, east on E. Pershing, and west on E. 2nd. Maybe the third witness is confusing which day he saw her, but the family said she has three routes that she varies and she's a creature of habit. So, if he has seen her run past his house headed west on multiple occasions, it is possible that's where she went.

This would put her right next to the car wash. There has been a lot of discussion among family members and friends about her going somewhere with someone she knew. What if, as she jogged past the car wash, she saw someone there that she knew. I mean, she's home from college for the summer. She's going to run into all kinds of people (from high school, relatives of her friends, friends of her BF, etc.) that she hasn't seen since Christmas or even earlier. Maybe her FitBit data shows that she stops at the car wash for a while. She catches up with them, "What are you up to these days?" And she explains that she's back in town, staying at BF's house while everybody's gone, working, taking online classes, etc. Maybe she even tells them she has to go after a while because she needs to get to her mom's house for dinner. She continues on her run, and that seems to be the end of it.

Relatives and DCI say way back at the beginning that they know she made it to the house. So, let's say she did. She gets to the house, but what happens next? Well, she's not going to eat because she's going to her mom's. She's not going to take a shower because what's the point if she's now going to walk a mile or so to her mom's. Maybe she heads inside just for a few minutes to drink something, check in on the dogs, maybe use the bathroom.

Now, more than likely, she did homework between the hours of 5:30 and 7:30. When I took an online course, we often had to post on the discussion board at least once a week, AND we had to reply to at least two postings from other classmates. Maybe she posted in the discussion forum before the run, and decides to check real quick to see if someone else posted. Maybe they did, so she posts a couple of quick replies so that this part of the week's homework is done.

And just maybe she wore jeans shorts and a red shirt to work that day. Maybe that's what she was wearing when the brother dropped her off (and of course the police are going to ask the brother right off the bat, "what was she wearing when you last saw her?"). It could be that she plans on showering and changing after dinner, but maybe it's a little bit cooler because there's rain coming, or maybe her sports bra is sweaty and icky looking, so she grabs the red shirt she wore earlier in the day and throws that on over her sports bra. And perhaps she leaves the house wearing the jogging clothes and the red shirt.

The initial searches were of the field between her house and her mom's (behind the high school). They said on the FM FB page that she often walked between the two houses. If that's where they searched, it's probably safe to say that's the way she normally walked. So, maybe she leaves the house and sees the guys (I really feel that there was more than one person involved) from the car wash. Maybe they tell her she should come hang out with them instead since they haven't seen each other in so long. She gets in the car with them and leaves.

It might also be that she went to a house with them, and that's where she took an SC picture and sent it to her BF. And because the 9:45 time keeps coming back again and again, maybe she actually sent it at 9:45. That would explain the cops wanting to know about her in a house at that time and maybe even why they took pictures inside WC's house.

But something happens at the end of the night, and they don't bring her back home.
This makes a lot of sense!

Going back to a question I had asked much earlier. Does anyone know if she had her own set of car keys? Seems improbable she would share a set with her brother. (My daughter has half her jewelry box attached to her key chain, all manner of trinkets and goofy things - which is why I would think it would be hard to share a common set of keys at that age) I have seen no mention of any keys being found (or of any keys noted as missing for that matter); just no mention of keys at all. Seems if she had her own set of keys and they were not located at the house, that would be one indication of her possibly having left to get the car. That of course then begs the question about her ID and DL left behind, and for that I have no answer, other than it being a safety precaution with her walking across town? Maybe they did share single keys, which the brother had kept, and which renders this whole post moot.

I don't have an answer, but I've thought about the keys too. Would be very curious if she had her own set. It's very possible that Mom owned the car so she kept a set while Mollie and brother shared keys, though I haven't seen that discussed at all. But yes, 100% agree that if she had her own set and they are missing that would be very significant.

Usually, when the FBI becomes involved in a case, they give out minimal info to the public. Early on, when local LE are reporting on the case, that is the info that people get, and it is often based on statements from witnesses that haven't been fully vetted......Usually there is a lot of town-talk on SM as with Jessica Chambers' case......and as it turned out NONE of that chatter mentioned the person who was arrested, eventually. I haven't been scouring for town chatter in this case, but I get the impression that there isn't much gossip about it. Seems like nobody knows anything....but I'm almost sure that somebody does and is either afraid to say so, or has spoken w FBI and keeping their info mum.

Also think that the fact that this is a tiny little town really cuts back on social media posts from "residents"

Here’s a thought I had which I have not yet seen discussed (unless I missed it). What if LE has found a body (or some major evidence) and is keeping mum about it. They have no clue who the perpetrator is. LE is hoping that they will come back to visit the scene at some point. I’m not saying that LE left the body but they could be staking out the spot. The 5 points of interest could be misinformation and not include the site where they found something. This is so the perpetrator would think it’s safe to go back for a visit. I know locally, that is how they caught serial killer Arthur Shawcross.

Change of subject matter. Here's something to think about. LE wants to talk to people in certain areas who were there between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. In their list of behavioral changes LE states you may not have been able to get in touch with someone from the evening of 7/18 into the morning hours of 7/19. They don't care about any of those locations after 10 p.m. the night of 7/18, but they are directly implying that events related to the case were indeed happening after 10 p.m. Let's hear some thoughts.

Some people have a theory that Mollie planned to go jogging twice on the evening of July 18. I'd like to explore that possibility.

We know that Mollie arrived at the house-sit at 5:30. At 7:30, she went jogging. We know from her mother that she did not jog after dark, and that she typically jogged for 45 minutes.

She left the house at 7:30, and a 45 minute run ends at 8:15. We know that she has to pick up the car at her mom's house, so the question is: why would she return to the house-sit after jogging, and then turn around and jog to her mother's house at 8:30 to hopefully end her run before dark?

I can't see any reason why Mollie would go jogging once to end up at the house-sit and then go jogging again closer to dark to collect the car at her mother's house. How does that make sense for those who think she went jogging twice?

Here’s a thought I had which I have not yet seen discussed (unless I missed it). What if LE has found a body (or some major evidence) and is keeping mum about it. They have no clue who the perpetrator is. LE is hoping that they will come back to visit the scene at some point. I’m not saying that LE left the body but they could be staking out the spot. The 5 points of interest could be a misinformation and not include the site where they found something. This is so the perpetrator would think it’s safe to go back for a visit. I know locally, that is how they caught serial killer Arthur Shawcross.

I've been listening to the scanner , you would hear a request for a ME and transport units.

I don't follow a lot of cases. The ones I follow, I follow closely. It is very typical of LE to withhold details, IMHO, based on my limited experience.
Especially lately, like the last five years, it seems. Maybe they have found this is more harmful than good. Maybe it depends on the case. Maybe someone else knows the various reasons more than I do, but this has come up alot.

It's scary to realize how many cases/crimes are not solved. We think the criminals will always be caught, but no, it's not true.

Some may slither under the radar in this lifetime (a life always wondering if LE is going to appear!)

GOD sees all! And He knows the motives of each heart. So there will not be any way to slither past HIM!

How come only 2 of the 5 cases I've followed closely on Websleuths was actually solved? LOL. Maybe I am bad luck. just kidding.

Solved: Morgan Harrington, Hannah Graham (same perpetrator Jesse Matthew)
Unsolved: 2 girls in Iowa, 2 girls Abby and Libby in Delphi, Indiana plus Mollie in Brooklyn, IA

How come only 2 of the 5 cases I've followed closely on Websleuths was actually solved? LOL. Maybe I am bad luck. just kidding.

Solved: Morgan Harrington, Hannah Graham (same perpetrator Jesse Matthew)
Unsolved: 2 girls in Iowa, 2 girls Abby and Libby in Delphi, Indiana plus Mollie in Brooklyn, IA

Seems Iowa is unlucky...

Change of subject matter. Here's something to think about. LE wants to talk to people in certain areas who were there between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. In their list of behavioral changes LE states you may not have been able to get in touch with someone from the evening of 7/18 into the morning hours of 7/19. They don't care about any of those locations after 10 p.m. the night of 7/18, but they are directly implying that events related to the case were indeed happening after 10 p.m. Let's hear some thoughts.
We know that Mollie went for a jog a couple hours after that 5pm time. So LE is likely looking for suspicious people or vehicles in town, prior to that time (run time period). Her digital record likely ends prior to 10, so whatever has happened has occurred, and the suspect has likely left town at that point. So I think the 5pm to 10pm window refers to suspicious activity involving entry, crime, exit from location.

That's how I understood it as well. I sure wish we knew if they had this information. Early on they said they were getting alot of information from the phone and fit bit so that would make me think they do.

They do have her fitbit data... That data is what originally took them to the hog farm.
Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of University Of Iowa Student Mollie Tibbetts

When Tibbetts' Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt(Mitch Mortvedt, spokesperson for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation) said.

Especially lately, like the last five years, it seems. Maybe they have found this is more harmful than good. Maybe it depends on the case. Maybe someone else knows the various reasons more than I do, but this has come up alot.

I think they overdo it a little. You know, I know you need to corner the real suspects and confront them with true and not true things to trip them up and get them to say something that only the perpetrator would know.. .but geez... when witnesses' memories are so fleeting, you'd think they would give out enough info to jog people
's memories. I also know from a legal standpoint, cell phone data and GPS info., they need a court order and it takes 30 days to receive the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico